Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WIP -- to be updated  (Read 1125 times)

jLid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2015, 10:52:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
WIP -- to be updated
« on: January 24, 2014, 09:47:44 pm »
WIP -- to be updated
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:39:15 pm by jLid »

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
Re: Custom frontend theme - opinions please!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 05:01:46 pm »
Currently it looks very basic,  If you were going for an 8 Bit look it seems to work.  Where you have the games can you set it so that the icon next to the game describes the style of game,  So Spacecraft for Shoot em ups. Football or similar for Sports, Mario Block for Platformers.

In regards to the layout, I would centre it up a bit more, Or have the video and information show in the currently blank area at the bottom.  It needs a better background, I have never really been a fan of single flat colour Backgrounds, White is OK and if anyone wants to modify the theme changing that wouldn't be too much of an issue.  If you are using Caps for the game names then use Caps for the menu options, Or at the very least Capitalise the words.

jLid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2015, 10:52:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Custom frontend theme - opinions please!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 07:24:27 pm »
Expect a much re-worked layout sometime tomorrow  :D