Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ArcadeEmulator.net  (Read 20784 times)

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
Re: ArcadeEmulator.net
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 11:33:01 am »
All I said was it's affected my getting parts out as fast as I wish . It's under control.You think what you want, I really do not care.
99.9 of my customers are the nicest people in the world. There's always one. I'm a honest hard working single parent with full custody of my kids. I ship a 1000 packages a month & enjoy me life . I enjoy dealing with the guys on a daily basic & have more than plenty of work, this pays my extras.  I have made a ton of friends here. Ginsu for example is a good friend among many orhers
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:39:25 am by divemaster127 »
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

chopperthedog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:27:26 pm
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 11:39:53 am »
Sorry to hear. No need to spill your guts anymore. Don't answer to that pr!ck of a troll.

good day.

divemaster127

• Offline Offline
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 12:01:31 pm »
Your right my bad. I like to be friends with everyone. And would like to call him a friend too. I knows he's a wealth of knowledge
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2014, 12:17:00 pm »
it not like he actually ever buys anything (unless he's lowballing someone)
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:22 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2014, 02:22:09 pm »
Hey, man, hook me up with some free stuff and maybe I'll edit out my experiences like ginsuvictim did.

Anyway, glad you made it right with your jilted customers.

:cheers:

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2014, 02:27:56 pm »
Hey, man, hook me up with some free stuff and maybe I'll edit out my experiences like ginsuvictim did.

My post was actually just saying that I'd had one issue and people jumped all over me because it was a respected member of the community. It was a jab at this forum, not Divemaster.

...and I was just WAITING for you to mention the removal. When I did it, I knew it would happen.

You just hate Okies. Admit it.  :lol
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:29:45 pm by Ginsu Victim »

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2014, 02:31:29 pm »
Hate'em so much I married one.   ;D

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2014, 02:35:20 pm »
Hate'em so much I married one.   ;D

Hell, that might set it stone. :lol

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2014, 05:18:10 am »
Anybody that uses the Army as an excuse why they are falling down on personal business dealings is dirtbag.  The organization puts a huge emphasis on loyalty, duty, and integrity.
As someone with many family connections in both the military and law enforcement I STRONGLY agree with this.

I really want to chime in here with a long winded and detailed recount of my experience with DM and his business, but it will just be another TL:DR for most. I'll keep that part short, (well, short in comparison to my experience).

I originally made a decision to order from DM because he had in stock a rather large and heavy component for my build. I regret this decision based on a number of factors. Now I'm sure some people in the past (and currently) are having decent service from him. Customer service can be extremely subjective so I like to stick to facts where possible.

I recently concluded business of the one single order I made with ArcadeEmulator.net. Originally the order was placed in October of last year. I was misled by the shipping charges on his website and asked to pay more. I was given excuses via emails. I was short changed on a small part of my order, had to send constant follow up emails.  But in the end I was offered a $4 refund for a small part of my order that had been missing on top of receiving the part as well. 

In comparison I've also ordered from Ultimarc, Groovy Game Gear, HaRuMaN Customs, CraftyMech and Paradise Arcade, all within the same time period. All provided a great experience and in the case of both PA and CraftyMech they handled product issues in my purchase so well that I wouldn't hesitate repeat business. As mentioned in posts before I have an EXCEEDINGLY high demand for proper customer service, I work in eCommerce Marketing, have been a small business owner in the past, and also have held jobs that have a world class reputation (good and bad) for customer service. In my experience I did not find AE.net met anything close to what a regular person would expect from an online retailer in this day and age. 

I get a strong feeling that AE.net is a side business meant to keep DM's ability to provide himself with cost prices for his hobby. At the risk of sounding cold hearted and insincere: providing long winded explanations of an apparent illness and making excuses of no time due to military service are not those becoming of a serious business owner. If you can't commit to the same regular expectations of any other small online retailer (shipping on days other then the end of the week, providing a website with proper shipping rates based on the products being sold, check the parts of an order before shipping, under promise/over deliver,  etc) then you need to either shut your doors, or place huge disclaimers on your site stating the scope of your capabilities and prepare for people to voice a negative opinion as you sit there and take it, (and hopefully learn from it).

Bottom line: If you've had a decent experience with AE.net then nothing is stopping you from continuing to order from him. Please keep on doing so as long as he's in business. This is business not personal. At the end of the day we shouldn't need to hear excuses about other commitments, long winded excuses about an illness or single parenthood. Your warehouse burns to the ground and you can't fulfill orders, then that's another thing, customers (well most) would understand. Either live up to expectations or get out of the business.

Take a tip from Mark Cuban: "Treat your customers like they own you. Because they do."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:07:01 am by ChanceKJ »

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2014, 05:39:17 am »
Side note: Here's the info graphic where I first read that Cuban quote. Maybe this can help you turn your business around and start building some decent college funds for those kids of yours:

divemaster127

• Offline Offline
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2014, 09:25:28 am »
The customer ordered a happ coin door with the mini under door. The customer contacted me the key was missing from the lock on the cash box. I offered a refund on the lock so you could just install a different lock if you wanted.  Both happ & I sell these locks for $3.75. Or I offered to order the exact lock for that door & ship it to Canada when it came in & you asked for me to order it & you would wait. This coin door & parts are on b/o much  of the time. I like to keep 3 when possible do to sometimes it's a long wait. It took a while to get the part in & I emailed you when the lock came in & shipped the part out.You emailed me you were happy when you received the lock that you did not have to even change the lock, you were able to just use the key. That was over 6 weeks ago. You never said anything about there being any other issues. Except a key lock , that I ordered & shipped to you.
Thanks
Dm
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:44:19 pm by divemaster127 »

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2014, 11:50:09 am »
Wow, #slowclap. You're really bad at this...

Last night after my post you sent me what some could take as a sarcastic message:
I read what you wrote thanks
(That was it, that was the whole thing)

Now this morning you post a bias and somewhat inacurate recap of part of the transaction. Mind = Blown.

Whatever, I'm not going to waste anymore time with this. Good luck with your business.  ::)

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:18:13 pm
  • North East, US
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2014, 08:44:03 pm »
Well I have to add my latest experience with arcadeemulator.net.
I was ready to order an Aimtrak and Ultimarc was out of stock so I went to Arcadeemulator and ordered it.
I ordered it on Saturday night, he shipped it on Monday and I received it on Wednesday.
No problems, no issues. Just the way I like it.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2014, 10:24:06 am »
I went back and dug up my purchase history with arcadeemulator.net

On top of the order being short changed, he "accidentally" sent cheaper parts, wouldn't send me the right items unless I returned what he sent, then refused to pay for return shipping, so I got to stand in line at the post office and spend $10 to correct his "mistake."  No apology or attempt to make it right on his part, but I eventually got what I actually ordered.

It's seldom that my experience with a vendor is worse than I remembered, but this guy managed it.

:cheers:

divemaster127

• Offline Offline
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2014, 11:02:55 am »
You know what Jim, I have tried to make up things with you & even stated once I would like to call you friend.  I have defended you in post trying to see some good in you.  99% of the guys on here are the nicest in the world.  I send 5,000 packages a month & have a 15k positive feedback also.  I like to think there is good in everyone but maybe not here with you. Also I do not sell keep parts only happ & ultimarc.  Have you ever searched yourself on the net.  The Oklahoma forum someone called someone a PBJ & a fight broke out.  Its such a insult, its very obvious you are just a Mean person how sad to be that way in life.  If you would quit being suck a ---tallywhacker--- I would even try to settle up things with you.  Its obvious you know your stuff, there is just no reason to be such a ---tallywhacker--- to the world

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2014, 11:25:17 am »
You know what Jim, I have tried to make up things with you & even stated once I would like to call you friend.  I have defended you in post trying to see some good in you.  99% of the guys on here are the nicest in the world.  I send 5,000 packages a month & have a 15k positive feedback also.  I like to think there is good in everyone but maybe not here with you. Also I do not sell keep parts only happ & ultimarc.  Have you ever searched yourself on the net.  The Oklahoma forum someone called someone a PBJ & a fight broke out.  Its such a insult, its very obvious you are just a Mean person how sad to be that way in life.  If you would quit being suck a ---tallywhacker--- I would even try to settle up things with you.  Its obvious you know your stuff, there is just no reason to be such a ---tallywhacker--- to the world

5,000 a month?  Really?  They must dread Saturdays at your post office.

:laugh2:

divemaster127

• Offline Offline
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2014, 11:47:13 am »
Well its obvious you know nothing about my business. You have so much to offer.  Why not help people, people have quit this forum over you.  If you would just be a descent person. I would try to make things right with you. 

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2014, 11:57:45 am »
Well its obvious you know nothing about my business. You have so much to offer.  Why not help people, people have quit this forum over you.  If you would just be a descent person. I would try to make things right with you.

:applaud:

chopperthedog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2014, 12:06:25 pm »
@divemaster127 Stop acknowledging that [this expletive was flagged and removed] existence.

good day.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:44:05 pm by DeLuSioNal29 »

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2014, 12:09:48 pm »
I think he's quite funny, and makes a few valid points.

I think this thread is a bit more about you and your level of customer service, (or lack thereof). And would appreciate you keeping it on topic rather than pointing fingers at other users about things that are off topic.

And I'm sorry, I know a few things about the scope of eCommerce on a National level (it's what I do). There is no way you're shipping that volume without a dedicated post service visiting your establishment(s) daily.  And since we know for a fact you only ship one day a week, and unless your selling everything at cost (which I know your not), you business does not reflect signs of moving that volume of product. You would have a larger eComm platform, you would hire at least some noticeable help, and you wouldn't ship one day a year.

I stand by all of my previous comments in my previous posts in this thread. If you want to stay in business and not have to defend yourself from customers with valid points, then make changes. If your not willing to do that then shut down.

divemaster127

• Offline Offline
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2014, 12:50:22 pm »
well all MGB did was post a good comment & pjb always has to troll & just be himself.  I am shipping everyday just more on the weekends.  And just for your knowledge usps does  visit my place everyday, its easy, free, setup online & I can hide the stuff everyday until its picked up.   And again you have nothing of my volume.  99% of my customers are great, Im shipping more now than I have in the last 11 years.  And I will bend over backwards to take care of someone & chance there is a point I do not care what you or pbj think & would prefer you just move on.  If there is ever a time either of you will be decent I will return it & try to make good on things, but as long as you keep doing what you are doing, you both can just jump in the lake for all I care.  This is just directed at pjb, he is nothing but a complete ---tallywhacker--- & always will be.  I tired to work things out with him, & he just kept it up.  So pjb you can just goto hell, you do nothing but spread misery.  Chance none of that was directed towards you whatsoever, if you would contact me, I would just something for you.  The offer is open to anyone but pbj.    I will do anything I can for 99.9% the .01% I just do not care anything what you think
good day

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2014, 03:00:31 pm »
 ::)  ugh, yeah. This is too "internet juvenile" for me to continue in this thread.

Bottom line: 

Buy from this guy at your own risk. Results will vary!

divemaster127

• Offline Offline
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2014, 03:22:08 pm »
All of this from you over a missing key from a door on a cashbox.  I offered you a refund or I would have to order to get you the exact key.  You agreed to wait, this was on backorder & I told you so.  You emailed multiple times over a "key"  & each time I answered you I would ship as soon I could.  I emailed you when it shipped.  And you even emailed me "saying thanks this is great it even fits the current lock on the cashbox" I contacted happ multiple times trying to get you the exact key & did a lot of extra over a key.  And due to that you write volumes & do whatever you can to hurt my business.  You have to much free time over a missing key which I did send you.  So who is the child & felt the need to stick your nose in my business again.  I do not contact you or bother you. And your right, I have no time trying to please someone like you when I have good & loyal customers to take care of.

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:18:13 pm
  • North East, US
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2014, 11:47:16 pm »
::)  ugh, yeah. This is too "internet juvenile" for me to continue in this thread.

Bottom line: 

Buy from this guy at your own risk. Results will vary!

Dude, you're the one that keeps coming back to it.
Move on. There are better ways to boost your post count :)

chopperthedog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2014, 11:52:46 pm »
Dude, you're the one that keeps coming back to it.
Move on. There are better ways to boost your post count :)
BYOAC needs a rep button.  >:D

good day.