Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ArcadeEmulator.net  (Read 20788 times)

eds1275

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:43:03 am
  • Rock and Roll!
ArcadeEmulator.net
« on: January 18, 2014, 05:49:26 pm »
Ordered from them early this week, Monday or Tuesday. Very fast response, my order was complicated by the fact that an item was out of stock but we resolved a workaround inside of a few hours which ended up saving me money and got it shipped out fast. I don't have it yet, but the customer service was excellent as were the prices and the level of communication. In short, absolutely no complaints!

chopperthedog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:27:26 pm
Re: ArcadeEmulator.net
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 04:24:09 am »
Tried an order about 4 months ago. Got it later than I was hoping since is sat in "electronic shipping info has been generated" limbo for 6 days. Once I got the order I was shorted a couple items and didn't even want to deal with it. I ended up just driving to happ to grab what I needed so that my project wasn't held up any longer.

good day.

mattgold

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2016, 12:28:05 pm
  • Tinker 'till it's right...
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 12:13:20 am »
I just placed a nice sized order last week - so far the communication has been great... although the e-mail with the tracking number got lost somewhere in the interwebz,

I will update once it all touches down.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 01:31:24 am »
You should probably wait until the transaction is completed before you post a review. Just sayin'.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

chopperthedog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 07:05:20 pm »
And? been 9 days.

good day.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 07:59:51 pm »
He has shorted me on every order.

Will not do business again.

chopperthedog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 08:03:49 pm »
He has shorted me on every order.

Will not do business again.
Yup, My first thought. If you can't do something rudimentary, like counting to 10 and 16. I'll just cut my losses and move on.

good day.

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:18:13 pm
  • North East, US
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 12:24:41 am »
I would just like to say my piece on arcadeemulator.

A couple of years back, I placed two orders with him.
One was a video card and the other was a trackball mount.
The videocard came quick enough but was packed like crap in a nilla wafers box with newspaper.
it worked, so whatever.
Then I waited for the trackball mount......and I waited.
I emailed him twice and didn't hear back.
I put in a complaint with paypal because it was getting close to the deadline and I had just gotten burned by someone else.
   I also gave him a negative on his trade count.
well he sure responded then. he sent me a nasty email saying, don't do business with me again. and he said "did you ever think maybe I was busy, I'm in the army, blah blah blah."

And I had just recently started a new account at BYOAC because my old one was screwed up, so he gave me some crap about being a newbie on the forums and who the hell did I think I was.
He went on and gave me a negative trade count and lied by saying I didn't try to contact him before putting in a complaint with Paypal.

At that time, his reviews from others looked good so I thought whatever, stuff happens.
I have since placed one very small order with him for a couple of heavy joystick springs and received the order as normal and packed better then the video card.

Funny thing about the trackball mount, I ordered one from twisted quarter and then ended up building with a metal cp so the mount is still sitting in my basement.  ;D

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 09:01:19 pm »
Well... shorted me on the order all the cables that should come with the aimtrak OEM kit. Excellent communication until it was shipped, asking what was missing and now silence. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until after the weekend to cause a fuss over the missing parts and late refund.

chopperthedog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 09:20:41 pm »
Looks like he's shootin' birdie for the course.

good day.

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 09:24:19 pm »
Hopefully it all goes well. It just seems to be hit or miss with this guy.
I have ordered from Ultimarc, GGG, Paradise Arcade, Lizard Lick, Twisted Quarter,Bob Roberts, Focus Attack and others without a hitch.

Somehow, when I've ordered from Ultimarc, I received my parts in like a couple days in Ct.
That's quicker than anyone else.

mattgold

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 11:47:03 am »
I got my aforementioned order in the expected time frame.  Everything was complete, but the trackball was missing. 

A couple e-mails back and forth and I had a new trackball (along with some other items I added through the course of e-mail) shipped out and delivered a day ago.

Everything seems on par with a business that is not someone's main source of income (I assume).  I think we're all a bit spoiled by the huge improvements by Amazon and other online retailers who only do this one thing.  I think a lot of the vendors on a forum like this (or any 'enthusiast' forum) do it as additional income - which probably doesn't have the best profit margins to begin with.  I'm sure no one's getting rich off this hobby; side art, controller mods, even cabinet builders I know only do it nights n weekends and to supplant their 9-5.

I don't think this gives anyone a pass to not 'make right' mistakes - but I think it does give them the right to make those mistakes.

...or maybe I'm wrong.  :P

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 11:56:23 am »
I agree to a point about it being a side business and all.
  I run a side business and there are times I have to put off some work because I'm busy with my normal job
or family but in my experience, he was rude and put the blame on me for his screwup.
That's bad service.

mattgold

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 12:31:13 pm »
I agree to a point about it being a side business and all.
  I run a side business and there are times I have to put off some work because I'm busy with my normal job
or family but in my experience, he was rude and put the blame on me for his screwup.
That's bad service.

I guess I wasn't speaking on your situation specifically - but I take your point and stand by my previous statement - I don't think this (being a side business) gives anyone a pass to not 'make right' mistakes.

-M

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 02:55:20 pm »
I'm still sitting in silence. You have to admit, he definitely is in the habit of sending out incomplete orders. Side job or not, expecting what you paid for to arrive (complete) is not being "spoiled" by amazon or the like. I work hard for my money, and my time is valuable to me. Spending time dealing with issues is a chore I would rather not do.

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 02:29:25 pm »
Well here I am looking silly. All excited about my order and post a good review, only to look the fool when things aren't as they should have been.

I got an email last week suggesting that I maybe wasn't getting his emails... but that sort of stuff doesn't really happen in this day and age. I check my spam mail regularely and even then all other communication has worked out fine. Now for some reason I have to wait until the missing items are shipped before I receive a refund... which makes me wonder if I am getting to pay for shipping on the missing items as well. Only time will tell, but I'm running out of patience. Even if things haven't shipped yet, the refund and a little more in the way of communication would be nice.

The refund is for ordering 2 guns and paying for them, but since there was only one gun plus the aimtrak kit and the shell, I saved a little money.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 04:30:10 pm »
Ordering from someone should never feel like
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:33:12 pm by yotsuya »

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 04:37:00 pm »
Did you use PayPal or something, so maybe you can file a complaint.
This guy has a habit of screwing up orders and acting like the customer is at fault.

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 04:53:13 pm »
Did you use PayPal or something, so maybe you can file a complaint.
This guy has a habit of screwing up orders and acting like the customer is at fault.

I did use paypal, and I have heard Saturday is his regular shipping day. I will (perhaps foolishly) give him the benefit of the doubt until the weekend is over. It's not like it would be in transit even if it were shipped today anyways.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 09:24:36 pm »
File dispute now, drop it if items show up.

I had to do that on a $1,300 pinball machine once.

:P

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 09:48:34 pm »
Anybody that uses the Army as an excuse why they are falling down on personal business dealings is dirtbag.  The organization puts a huge emphasis on loyalty, duty, and integrity.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:39:13 am by Le Chuck »

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 12:19:53 am »
I agree with PBJ, file now.
I know from experience that its one way to get his attention.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 10:29:40 am »
I feel like we should address something, and I hate doing it because Divemaster hasn't popped in to address any of this himself, but I feel it should come up.

Quite often, people steer newbies towards arcadeemulator.net to buy things, but with the amount of complaints coming up in this thread, should be we doing that? Not that vendors don't make mistakes- hell, I've even had Amazon goof up a thing or two (but they always made it right immediately).

I don't think he's trying to rip anyone off. I know he usually ships on Saturdays. I'm just wondering with the amount of complaints coming up in this thread, with examples and people saying "I won't use him anymore" (and to be fair, I'm one of them), I'm just wondering if he should still be readily recommended.

Your thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:49:43 am by yotsuya »

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 10:47:03 am »
My thoughts - I won't order from him again... unless I am prepared to wait for something, and avoid the happ fees. But I did receive a tracking number this morning. He said once the package ships he would work on the refund, so I guess that's something? I hope to get it later today.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 11:00:55 am »
I've got one simple rule for these things: if you're not ready to sell the item, don't be ready to take the money.  I've told people to avoid this guy for years. 

Only ships on Saturday?  Fine. 

Short changing everyone on their orders?  Now that's ridiculous.  If the margins are so thin that you have to deliberately steal from your customers, you need to find another business.  Too many people have had this issue with this guy for too long for me to believe it's an honest mistake. 

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 07:20:14 pm »
I feel like we should address something, and I hate doing it because Divemaster hasn't popped in to address any of this himself, but I feel it should come up.

Quite often, people steer newbies towards arcadeemulator.net to buy things, but with the amount of complaints coming up in this thread, should be we doing that? Not that vendors don't make mistakes- hell, I've even had Amazon goof up a thing or two (but they always made it right immediately).

I don't think he's trying to rip anyone off. I know he usually ships on Saturdays. I'm just wondering with the amount of complaints coming up in this thread, with examples and people saying "I won't use him anymore" (and to be fair, I'm one of them), I'm just wondering if he should still be readily recommended.

Your thoughts?

Even a while after my experience with him, I have recommended him to newbies. I think it was really due to the fact that even back when he was slamming me with emails on how terrible I was to complain to PayPal, I looked into his feedback from others and it all seemed good so I kinda chalked it up to an isolated incident. I even told him that.
So I just left it as that and then like I said, I ordered the very small order later on with no issue.
I truthfully wasn't aware that others were having similar issues with him.
My stance on it now is that I will no longer recommend him, nor will I trash him.

Also, I haven't  seen him on here in a while.   

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 10:36:52 am »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:49:13 am by Ginsu Victim »

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 06:15:13 pm »
Sorry to hear that things have gone downhill with DM. I always had good luck but it was always from his forum thread clearances and never through the website.

Hopefully he becomes active on the forum again and gets things back on track.
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 10:43:17 am »
Well, I was wrong about the shipping. He made a label and gave me a tracking number. So in reality it has actually not shipped.

BAMBOO

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2016, 06:51:20 am
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 03:08:59 am »
Got to chime in here.  Since 2005 or so I have ordered from Divemaster about 25 times.  I can only tell you how my transactions have went.  Divemaster has always been friendly with me via correspondence either on these forums or on Ebay.  The only time I have ever had an issue was back in 2007 when an Ipac I ordered from him did not work.  I sent it back, which DM paid the shipping and I received a new one within a week.  I like Divemaster and with my experiences, he is reliable and nice to deal with.  Also, a few times I've ordered something and couldn't figure out how to install or hook it up and DM always helped me install it via email.

However, I have not ordered anything from DM within the last year.  If he's going thru something I hope he gets it together and comes thru.  I really like the guy.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:16:02 am by BAMBOO »
"Every arcade we restore preserves history that we will never experience again..."

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2014, 08:52:48 am »
Hey guys I just found out about this post today. I think I have corrected the issue, my business is good in shipping 1,000 orders a month with a 15,000 positive feedback on eBay. I do make a error once in a while & I take this post as I need to do a better job. I double count all orders but now I will triple count. I want to say I'm sorry to all in this post but one. And I will be pming everyone in this post but one.  I'm sorry if I have made mistakes on anyone's order. I want everyone happy & I promise too do better on orders.  I have had health issues the last 4 months the meds cause major fatigue I have not been shipping as fast as I wish. But I'm determined to get thru that & do a better job. Please pm if you have any questions
Thanks
Dm
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 09:50:54 am »
Thanks for chiming in and seeking to improve customer relations.  :applaud:

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 01:36:35 pm »
Hey guys I just found out about this post today.

Thanks for stepping in. I wish you no ill will, just frustrated with this order. Not because of the missing parts - I get that, we all have our moments. The lack of communication and long time for a refund from a fairly straightforward order has me worried. Regardless of your ebay ratings and high number of orders, this was my first order with you and we are strangers. It's not a huge sum of money but as you know first impressions are important.

divemaster127

• Offline Offline
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2014, 03:25:08 pm »
Again I'm sorry for any issues.  I quite enjoyed talking to you before, during & after the sale. I felt like we were talking as friends. I get several 100 emails a week & answer them in order as so as possible. I thought I answered all your emails but if I missed one sorry. We should be square or will be after I get home from work tonight. When you get your items feel free to email if you need any help. And again I enjoyed talking to you & hope to do so in the future
Dm
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 04:22:09 pm »
Divemaster,
  I personally appreciate your response to this thread and I'll give you another chance in the future.
I understand that doing business on the side of a regular job can be tough and I think your response here is a good one.
I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope things are going better.

BAMBOO

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2016, 06:51:20 am
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 03:58:22 am »
 :'( :applaud:
"Every arcade we restore preserves history that we will never experience again..."

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 09:42:44 am »
Meh, the medical excuse.  Heard that one a million times. 

::)

divemaster127

• Offline Offline
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2014, 10:23:02 am »
To keep it short I was diagnosed a year ago with what was thought gout only in my hands. My hands swell up big time. After it kept coming back & lots of blood test thru a rheumatologist I was diagnosed with a unknown inflammatory arthritis.  There is no cure only control & I work my day job & night job with my hands. When you can't button your jeans that's a problem.  So since they do not know what causes it they throw everything at it. 6 + steroid burst packs a month plus daily steroids. Medroil which is a horrible strong inflammatory, up to 8 termadol a day(those cause other peoblems) ' a long term med that takes up to 6 months to work. You have to get your eyes checked every 3 months because of side affects. I sleep in arthritus gloves every night. Taking all this crap causes fatigue & causes gastro problems makng you sick.  Right now it's controlled somewhat. What really stinks I can't hardly play my machines anymore. Being a guy you keep thinking it's gonna get better. 

I like to think there is good in everyone I just cannot understand why one person on the forums feels he must do nothing but spread misery in people's life's, that's really sad. Is it just so hard to be nice.

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2014, 10:39:19 am »
Meh, the medical excuse.  Heard that one a million times. 

::)

PBJ being a dick. Heard that a million times.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2014, 11:11:15 am »
He's short changed customers for years.  If his new medical conditions preclude the ability to sell arcade parts, then quit taking people's money.

:cheers: