Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: megatouch upgrade  (Read 5474 times)

didgey101

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2015, 04:56:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
megatouch upgrade
« on: January 04, 2014, 09:20:58 am »
Hi guys. Ive seen the new megatouch 2011 upgrade available on the Internet but I have a megatouch force 2006.5 machine and want to find out if this upgrade would work on my machine?  Many thanks. .tim

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: megatouch upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 12:32:20 pm »
as long as the kit is a FORCE 2011 and not an ION 2011 you are good to go. ION is a whole different animal and the software won't work with force.

if you do upgrade swap out the ram and boost it up to a 512mb. you will notice a significant performance increase over the stock 256. i wouldn't add a 2nd 256mb...the ram they bought was pretty cheap and is notorious for crapping out.

mahkeymike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 11:06:14 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 11:43:37 am »
as long as the kit is a FORCE 2011 and not an ION 2011 you are good to go. ION is a whole different animal and the software won't work with force.

if you do upgrade swap out the ram and boost it up to a 512mb. you will notice a significant performance increase over the stock 256. i wouldn't add a 2nd 256mb...the ram they bought was pretty cheap and is notorious for crapping out.

I was under the impression the force board could not detect more then 256 per slot. Unless you meant to say add another 256mb stick?

I will confirm that more ram makes a huge difference when upgrading force systems to 2010. I personally have not seen 2011 on a force system since most establishments upgraded to the RX ION's around the time they went from 2009.5 to 2010.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 01:16:04 pm »
depending on the board you have. (you didn't mention which force machine you have) if it's got the brown ECS board, then it'll be SDRAM then it probably has a 64mb sick in there... that's probably the one you have.

if you have the newer style (the northbridge mounted at an angle to the rest of the chips is a giveaway) it will have DDR.