Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can I use IDE drive in D945GCLF2  (Read 3463 times)

STL_Tom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2022, 06:52:48 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Can I use IDE drive in D945GCLF2
« on: January 22, 2014, 07:29:29 am »
I have been getting intermittent NO VIDEO errors on my Purple ECS board of death.  The ION is running 2013 software on an IDE flashdrive with a 3.5" to 2.5" IDE adapter.

I have a new Intel D945GCLF2 board coming to upgrade the machine and get rid of the ECS board.

My question is:
Can I use my IDE drive in the Intel board or do I have to get a new SATA hard drive to make this work?

mahkeymike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:10:40 pm
Re: Can I use IDE drive in D945GCLF2
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:48:33 am »
IDE works fine. There is only one IDE connector so its best to use a sata dvd drive to install the software. I believe the software is funny about the sata port you use if using a IDE hard drive. Pretty sure you must use sata 1 instead of sata 0 for the dvd drive.

smartbomb2084

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 03:14:53 pm
  • Having a SMART phone will make you DUMB.
Re: Can I use IDE drive in D945GCLF2
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 11:52:14 am »
Yes this board has one IDE connection....

When you get it you will have to start the board by shorting the red on/off pins on the front panel header then change the CMOS power management setting to always on after power loss.

Here is a link to the User Manual....         

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/16960/eng/D945GCLF2_ProductGuide02_English.pdf