Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: iRacing.com  (Read 2340 times)

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
iRacing.com
« on: December 29, 2013, 10:47:04 pm »
Have you guys thought about possibly trying out the full sim route? I decided to give it a whirl. They ( www.iracing.com ) have 1 yr memberships half price at 49.50 and 1 month for $6.  I signed up for a year and its both fun and a challenge. You have to really adapt to what its like to drive a  real car and get video game driving out of your mind , Ive had a blast so far.  Dropped $150 on a used Chassis and seat, and $410 on a  Fanatec Forza Elite wheel, shifter, and pedals. Slugged together an i5 dedicated to the race set up.  I'm gonna try to make a vid or something.

If anyone wants to sign up for 3 months or more, put in Malenko@gmail.com as your referral and I'll send you the $10 iRacing credits they give me for referring (if I can, Ive never referred anyone, ha!)

Beyond all the sim stuff , Im gonna load up all the racing stuff that was on checkered past. So if I get tired of the sim stuff, I can still run Crusin USA ;)   I was going to get a better shifter, but no one has any interest in the Checkered Past cab :(

If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

isamu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 08:15:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: iRacing.com
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 12:01:41 am »
iracing is the truth. But AC is hot on its tail, and gaining momentum fast!

http://www.assettocorsa.net/en/

I've been away from racing games since August when I sold my wheel, but God do I miss it already. iRacing will be adding all kinds of cool content in the coming months and I'm hoping to have another wheel by then.

It's funny...of all the racing games I've played over the past year, the one I miss the most is GRID 2. Not sure why, maybe it's because it was the last one I played, and had an absolute blast with it online, or perhaps it was those Sega-ish drifting physics on some of the cars :p

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 10:30:09 am »
yeah Ive been eyeballing AC too, laser scanned tracks and all that jazz too. iRacing seems to be more about racing players around the world, I dont mind racing AI so much. 99% sure if I dont renew iRacing, I'll dedicate a ton of time to AC

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:43:52 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 01:24:46 pm »
I tried iracing, but didn't have the time to get to the point of actually racing.
IIRC, I quit after it told me that I had to drive in a circle for something like 20 minutes to prove that I could maintain control of the car.

Nothing against it.  Graphics are decent, the ffb is better than just about anything out there.
I like how you can feel the tires starting to slip through the wheel.

If there ever comes a day that I stop working on arcade projects and just play them, I'll sign back up.
Got about 40 PC racing games that I haven't really played beyond initial setup either.   :-\

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 03:01:33 pm »
I tried iracing, but didn't have the time to get to the point of actually racing.
IIRC, I quit after it told me that I had to drive in a circle for something like 20 minutes to prove that I could maintain control of the car.

They must have gotten rid of that, I couldnt deal with BS like that. Its one of the main reasons I dont like GT6, I mean..... the same license tests I passed in 1997?

Brian74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 12:59:43 pm »
I had it, never got far enough to get to the racing. I might give it another go.