Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Super Six Arachnid board  (Read 2011 times)

darrontrask

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 10, 2014, 12:04:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Super Six Arachnid board
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:49:48 am »
I picked one of these games up a little over a year ago. It would occasionally lock up but we could usually use it for a few hours. When last I turned it on I got nothing, so I bought a switching power supply and wired it up like the one Ken has a photo of(Thanks Ken). Voltages all look OK. but the screen is a garbled mess and the Spiderwriter will not clear it out. I am at  loss as I am certainly not an electrician. I am guessing when the power supply went, it took out a ROM or two or maybe the whole board. Is there any way to test this or do I just need to replace the ROMs/board. And if things need to be replaced, where can I find any parts for this machine. My google-fu is not working when I try to find parts.

I am guessing it has been updated to the 6200 series as I think what I see mounted on the inside cabinet with a bunch of dip switches in the coin card.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Darron

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Super Six Arachnid board
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 02:00:26 pm »
The two "video ram" chips could be bad or the "battery backed ram" chip may be bad.

First be certain you have the new power supply terminals connected correctly to the machine's harness.

darrontrask

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 03:19:51 pm »
Thank you for you for your quick response.

I am assuming they are correct. I hooked up the 2 reds to the 5v and the  3 blues and purple to the 12v. and of course the 4 black ones to the ground. I do get sound and i can see the symbols changing on the screen when I run the sound check.

Let me clarify. I cut the wires from the harness where it meets the power supply board and hooked the 2 5v wires to the +5v on the new power supply and hooked the 3 12v and the 21v to the +12v on the new power supply.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:06:41 pm by darrontrask »

darrontrask

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:07:31 pm »
anybody?

Umpa

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:06:50 am
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 09:12:37 pm »
I know old thread but was hoping if you can tell me what the problem was?