Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Status and future of the Groovy Mame Linux / Live CD  (Read 1406 times)

ufoufo512

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2016, 02:09:41 pm
Status and future of the Groovy Mame Linux / Live CD
« on: December 15, 2013, 02:47:08 pm »
First of all, thank you for the great software. Please don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, but I would like to know if there future Linux support will be source code / diffs only?

I did build GroovyUME v 0.151 using instructions on this forum, that's not a problem, except that maybe we could share the binaries and save each other the compiling times. The groovymame.diff in it self works great, thanks for that. However, I need to study some more to be able to update the Linux kernel and all possible patches for low resolutions that come with it. Again, I yet don't have any actual need to do that, but I know that sooner or later it might be needed. The Groovy Mame Live-CD project is quite close to perfect way to install "arcade" Linux and it would be shame if it would it would fade away.

I understand people having too little time to maintain this stuff. I myself don't have much time nor skills, but I can for example test any upcoming Linux Live-CD with few configurations, if that is any help. And once again, thank you for your wonderful contribution to arcade emulation.

ves

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2020, 02:57:49 am
Re: Status and future of the Groovy Mame Linux / Live CD
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 03:30:59 pm »
Hello ufoufo512, we are working on a new livecd, we will post it this week a new necessary binary and packages update groovyarcade groovmame and groovyume.

ufoufo512

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2016, 02:09:41 pm
Re: Status and future of the Groovy Mame Linux / Live CD
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 04:15:35 pm »
Hi ves,

That's great news! Thx in advance!