Main > Wiki Discussion

Adding to the wiki

<< < (2/2)

Vigo:

--- Quote from: Generic Eric on December 10, 2013, 04:46:19 pm ---While you are  here, I'd like some input on my game of boxes.

--- End quote ---

I say it is a cool idea. I think you are on to something useful, urging builders to look at the each piece of their design. Could be a very useful tool, but yeah, needs refinement0. (I know it still WiP stage) I think it could help some people free themselves from feeling like they need to copy someone else's plans to the tee in order to make sure it is a functional design. 

I also see this a a cool menu system, where you can visually click on different parts of a cab and go to the relevant parts involved. for example, it would be cool to click on the back of the cab, and it will pull up topics on rear doors, vents, back of cab designs, handles for carting cabs, etc. Make people think of things they can include in each area of a cab.

As far as adding to the wiki, I think there should be no reason to catch your ideas up in red tape. I would think that if we wanted to get nitpicky about what goes up in the wiki, We should still free up everything to be posted, but if something didn't feel complete or relevant enough, the mods could more simply adjust how it is categorized, or add one of those tags that says it is not a complete page yet.

saint:
To expand on that, if you want to bounce something around before you think it's ready to add to the wiki, I think doing exactly what you did here is the best route. Start a topic with the idea, hash it around, then wikify when you're ready :)

Generic Eric:
Thanks fellas.

Things have a way of working themselves out.  I ended up with three pages in my project announcement thread.  I think it will play out just fine.  Its not as polished as I'd like it to be now as it could be when its done, but it can change over time.

I did find a table to put the link to my project thread in.  That is a good enough place for it while I work on it.

AnswerQ1:
I know Saint is busy for a while, but wanted to post this in case it is useful and to see if anyone had any other ideas on how to get the Wiki running again.

PL1:

--- Quote from: AnswerQ1 on February 13, 2015, 02:48:24 am ---I know Saint is busy for a while, but wanted to post this in case it is useful and to see if anyone had any other ideas on how to get the Wiki running again.

--- End quote ---
The new wiki is up and running, but it requires a separate wiki login.

Would you like a wiki login?

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version