Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Injustice: Gods Among Us - keyboard control and other issues  (Read 76207 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
Injustice: Gods Among Us - keyboard control and other issues
« on: December 03, 2013, 09:31:04 am »
EDIT:  Fixes found that worked for me

Game freezes or crashes when it is time to render the characters:  Reduce shadow detail to minimum

Game is super slow: Force Vsync off in video card software

Game is super slow on laptop: The game defaults to onboard video, if your laptop has a separate GPU, force the game to use the GPU in your video card software.

I came across a post on steam where the person claimed that both players couldn't use the same keyboard encoder and they used vjoy(linked below) to create a virtual joystick for P2.  In my testing, both players could use one keyboard just fine

Still need to find a better solution for remapping the navigation buttons.
(As of yet, still unable to get the game to work with the popular x360kb files which emulate xbox360 controllers)

The input scheme of this thing looks ok at first.  Two players, both can use the same keyboard.
Unfortunately, it's not that simple.
EDIT: saw some posts on Steam that indicate that two players cannot use the same keyboard.

Before I start my rant, the only solution I found posted online is Headkaze's vjoy program:
http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=vjoy
I have not tried it yet, but it should work.
You may have to delete all the keyboard mappings in-game to prevent conflicts or doubled input.
(not sure about the menu navigation keys still causing conflicts)

For my purposes though, I'd prefer the game to think xbox controllers are connected.
My buttons are labeled and it is nice to have the icons on screen match them.

The issues:

The game only accepts input for navigation from one keyboard.  If you have a keyboard in addition to your encoder connected, only one will work.
That would be fine, except that to navigate the menus and remap the controls, you need some oddly chosen keys which you might not have set up on your encoder.
Even after remapping all the controls, the controls to navigate the menu remain unchanged.
So I have to move my P2 stick right for accept.  :dizzy:
I assumed this would cause conflicts and didn't even bother seeing how it would work in-game.

x360ce:

The dll file from the stickied SSFIV thread is originally from an older version of x360ce xbox360 controller emulator.
I was hoping that I could just copy those files over from MKK and be good to go, but no such luck.

According to the x360ce compatibility list, Injustice is supported, but requires Hookmask which is only present in more recent versions of x360ce.
I have some experience with this in getting Sonic Allstars racing to work with my G27, but it's unclear if these newer versions of x360ce can work with the x360kb.ini file.  In the app itself, it's not possible to map keyboard keys.

So I spent the entire evening trying to make some mixture of the newer x360ce.ini and x360kb.ini.
The farthest I've gotten is that I get the audible "ding" to let you know that the dll file has been accessed, but the game isn't showing any controllers as being connected.

Autohotkey:  I haven't tried it yet, but being that the game only accepts input from a specific keyboard I'm doubtful that it will work.

I will spend more time on it tonight and hopefully get somewhere.
If anyone has the solution, please post it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:11:34 pm by BadMouth »

Connorsdad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2018, 05:56:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - keyboard control issues
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 11:16:42 am »
I tried AHK remapping but that doesn't work either :(
Also due to the whole windows assigning usb ID's shenanigans I cant use the vJoy setup as this wrecks my dual aimtrak, trackball, spinner and mouse config in my emulators  :angry:

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 11:37:50 am »
Neither x360ce or vjoy block keys on Windows 7, so even if I do get x360ce working, that might not be the end of it.
Those navigation keys might still cause issues during gameplay.  I'll have to test it.

I'm using a key-wiz.  As a last resort, I could install the Key Wiz uploader software, create a different control scheme for the game, and create a script to automatically upload that profile on game launch and reload the original one on game exit.
I really don't want to go to all that trouble for one game though.

It's a shame since I was able to remap all the controls (although not easily).
If the menu navigation stuff would just remap too, there wouldn't be any issue.

EDIT: Does anyone know where the official support forum for this game is?  Does an official one exist?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:45:22 am by BadMouth »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 12:32:05 pm »
While stuck at work, I thought I'd try to figure out the "proper" button layout.
There probably isn't any such thing, as this wasn't an arcade game to begin with.
I usually start with the SSFIV fightpad layout and see how that matches up to the default inputs.
That would be:

Light     Med     Interact
Heavy  Power  MeterBurn

The official 8-button Injustice fight stick would be the same with:
Throw
Flip Stance

added to the end.

Meh, haven't even played the game yet, but I can't imagine Interact is important enough to have a dedicated button.

Came across this awesome guide with preferred setup:
http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/topic/119830-995phils-guide-to-help-stick-players-adjust-to-injustice/
After reading the details, I'd have to agree with him.
His is basically:
Light    Med   MeterBurn
Heavy Power FlipStance 

(any extra buttons to Interact or Throw, but those are easy to do with combinations of the other buttons which are next to each other)
Read his explanation of why to include FlipStance instead of relying on a combo to do it.

I find my 7th button easier to hit than that bottom middle one.
The power button is for super powers and isn't used much in conjunction with other buttons, so in my mind it makes sense to put it off to the side.
So here is what I've settled on for myself:

Light     Med     MeterBurn   Power
Heavy                 FlipStance

Throw is Light+Heavy and Interact is Light+Med.
Both easy to remember.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:33:16 pm by BadMouth »

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:09:26 pm
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 12:53:34 pm »
I-Pac for Admin buttons
A-Pac for joystick + buttons

And stop stressing on all these hacks.  Just move to gamepad inputs and be done with it.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 01:02:48 pm »
I-Pac for Admin buttons

And stop stressing on all these hacks.  Just move to gamepad inputs and be done with it.

Do any of the gamepad encoders support xinput or are they all directinput?
The reason x360ce exists is because a lot of games only work correctly with xinput.

EDIT: list showing games that don't support directinput:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/game-gear/articles/compatible-gamepad-games
No idea how they chose games for inclusion on that list.  Seems like a pretty short list.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:06:40 pm by BadMouth »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 01:09:41 pm »
The thought did cross my mind last night to switch to hacked fightpads.
I'd have to redo a ton of stuff though and aren't sure about the Taito Type X games.
I'm sure there are workarounds out there, but I'd just be trading one set of workarounds for a different set.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 01:11:50 pm »
Seems like its worth an email to Andy @ Ultimarc.   

EDIT - email sent with link to this thread.

I've considered hacking up Logitech F310 gamepads before, since with the logitech profiler they support joystick and keyboard in an "all in one" package.  But damn that's a lot of work.  And some systems you just need a gamepad for, period.  (too.many.damn.buttons,axis,etc)

I-Pac for Admin buttons

Do any of the gamepad encoders support xinput or are they all directinput?
The reason x360ce exists is because a lot of games only work correctly with xinput.

EDIT: list showing games that don't support directinput:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/game-gear/articles/compatible-gamepad-games
No idea how they chose games for inclusion on that list.  Seems like a pretty short list.

They list Street Fighter IV (a known x360ce hack required game) as DirectInput compatible.  I can try this tonight with my Logitech F310 in DirectInput mode.  (and Mortal Kombat Komplete, and Street Fighter X Tekken, and SSFIVAE...  I have them all).

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:19:21 pm by Fursphere »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 08:35:16 pm »
Steam says I've played Injustice for 2 hours total.
That's not the case.  Apparently I've messed with trying to set the controls up for 2 hours total.  :dizzy:

On my cab, the game is fine in the menus, but craps out when playing the video before a fight.
The screen freezes, but the audio continues on.  No way out but to kill the process.
There is a VC redist that Steam is trying to install, but it just sits there forever and doesn't install.
Pretty sure that is the culprit.  Probably some weird Vista thing or I don't have something else installed that it is dependent on.  :dizzy:
EDIT: ....or maybe it was that video card driver update that I rolled back because it killed the speed of everything else running on the cab...

So, I'm working on my laptop.  I wasn't able to test two players simultaneously using the keyboard because my laptop doesn't have a numpad or way to emulate one and it's needed to activate P2.

No solutions to report, but figured out a few things.

>pic of default inputs are attached (accept and back are the same for P2.  These stay as G and J (numpad 4 & 6 for P2) and do not change when the keys are remapped)

>The current version of x360ce works with Injustice just fine if using a generic gamepad.  Even though the game can accept directinput, if you run it through x360ce, the game sees it as an xbox controller.  This game does require some special settings to "hook" HookCOM=1

>The current version of x360ce doesn't look at x360kb.ini.  I renamed the working x360ce.ini to x360kb.ini and get a message that the versions don't match.  I get the same message when no ini file is present.  I don't think it's looking for x360kb.ini at all

So I went back to using the same files that are in the SSFIV thread.  Looking at the log files, nothing is going wrong but the game doesn't detect the virtual controllers.
You do need to add BackgroundMode=1 like in MKK or else there are erros. 
Another observation is that when the dll file is present, the game also fails to detect a real xbox360 controller that is connected.

This stuff is a bit over my head, but I think the issue with the x360kb files is that they aren't "hooking" like the x360ce files.
(I think it means that there is 2-way communication between the game and controller, but like I said..I'm in over my head)

So, if there is a way to get the x360kb files to "hook", then they might work.
I've tried HookMode=1, HookMode=2, HookMode=3, based on older versions of x360ce, as well as HookCOM=1 to the x360kb.ini, but no dice.
EDIT: from reading message board posts, I believe the dll paired with x360kb is from r444 of x360ce.  I'll brows through the changelog from around that time and see if there is any info on the hooks.

I'm tempted to see if a virtual dinput device generated by vjoy could be the source for x360ce.
That's removing the actual input from the game one step farther though.

I could just break down and use vjoy I guess, but for dinput devices, the game just displays the button numbers when navigating the menu and I find it kinda confusing.
i.e. press [1] for accept or [2] for back.

I could just go the key-wiz uploader route, but that's not going to benefit people without a key-wiz or who can't run the uploader.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:49:09 pm by BadMouth »

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 09:36:01 pm »
So I tried SSIV (steam version) with 2x Logitech F310 gamepads, both in DirectInput mode.

SSIV saw gamepad #1, worked as expect.  Did NOT see gamepad #2 - nothing worked.  During play, I flipped #2 to XInput mode and hit the "start" button, and it instantly started working.

So when Logitech says "DirectInput compatible" - they should clarify for Player 1 only.   :soapbox:

(This kind of relates to the stupid issues we have with the Logitech G25/G27 wheels and some console ports)

I did have a conversation with Andy @ Ultimarc about this.  He states that the Xinput protocol is encrypted by chips in the Xbox 360 controllers (licensed by Logitech for use in there controllers). I guessing since the Xbox 360 (and Xbox One) both use X-Input for there API - it makes console ports easy (and lazy / cheap / attractive to 3rd party publishers), while at the same time creating licensing revenue for Microsoft. 

I think I hate Microsoft's gaming platforms even more now.  If that's even possible.  Hacking up a known-compatible x-input gamepad seems like an attractive option at this point.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:37:59 pm by Fursphere »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 12:00:13 pm »
Not sure how much more time I want to invest in this.

Basically what it boils down to is-

the current version of x360ce needs a way to use keyboard input
or
we need hook settings for the old version of x360ce (packaged with the x360kb.ini) that work with Injustice.

It sucks because that solution works so well on all the other PC fighting games.

I'd rather have spent the last two evenings playing MKK.  I won't have time to mess with it again for a while.
If I manage to get the game working on my cab, I'll probably go the KeyWiz uploader route and be done with it.
For myself, that is probably the quickest and most trouble free fix for now. (hopefully)

Not going to switch out my encoder this late in the build, but I may start remapping all the emulators in the mirrored copy on my laptop to xbox360 fightpads to see how it goes.

If anyone wants to bug WB Games:
http://support.wbgames.com/ics/support/contactUs.asp
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:28:36 pm by BadMouth »

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 12:53:47 pm »
The solution is to have an XInput encoder, since at the end of the day we're talking about lazy ports of console games (Xbox 360 games) to the Windows PC. 

Logitech has XInput gamepads.
Microsoft has XInput gamepads.
MadCatz has XInput gamepads.

...And MadCatz has Xinput Fightsticks with encoders under the hood.  The bad is that they are $100+ (some are $200+ wtf!?).  The good is that the ones that are Xbox 360 compatible are supposed to work in Windows using the Microsoft XBox 360 gamepad drivers.  Might be possible to get Madcatz to see just their encoders.  Inside those fightsticks its just arcade parts.  I had a friend that worked for them a few years ago.  Wish he still did.  :(

On a side note, Andy @ Ultimarc is looking into if its possible to write new drivers for the A-Pac to be "XInput" compatible.  He didn't' sound too hopeful, but at least he's kind enough to spend some time  looking into it.  :)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 01:10:59 pm »
This isn't really the fault of Microsoft, who has tried to make a unified input solution for pc gaming (and succeeded!) but rather the game developers.  360 controllers by design are also direct input controllers... period... that's the protocol, but game developers have to actually support them.  The thing is, a 360 controller has become so popular as a gamepad option that the game makers just aren't bothering to support direct input anymore. 

Unless Andy is willing to pay a colossal amount for a license, xinput support isn't happening. 

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 01:24:03 pm »
Fursphere, I'm curious if Logitech profiler works with your Logitech controller when it is in xinput mode?
The Logitech might be a smarter option if it allows the use of profiler.
If it requires you to switch to dinput mode to use it though, that's no good.

I'd still like to find a solution for this game that works with people's current setups.
Although not ideal for everyone, vjoy seems to be the only answer for now.

The game is still fairly new.
There could be a patch released a month from now that makes all the problems go away (for this game anyway).
Or some clever soul could make a newer version of the x360kb files that works with it.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:26:01 pm by BadMouth »

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 02:06:59 pm »
F310/ F710 - in XInput mode the profiler doesn't work.  It even pops up a warning and says flip the switch to DirectInput mode.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:24:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 02:53:05 pm »
I had to Google what  Injustice: Gods Among Us  was.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 02:56:18 pm »
This isn't really the fault of Microsoft, who has tried to make a unified input solution for pc gaming (and succeeded!) but rather the game developers.  360 controllers by design are also direct input controllers... period... that's the protocol, but game developers have to actually support them.  The thing is, a 360 controller has become so popular as a gamepad option that the game makers just aren't bothering to support direct input anymore. 

Unless Andy is willing to pay a colossal amount for a license, xinput support isn't happening.

I'm not sure I agree with this.  They had a standard (DirectInput) for PCs, then made a new standard for the Xbox platform, then brought that standard over to PCs with a cute licensing model in tow.  I think it could be argued that Microsoft made it worse.  If Xinput was open, then I would say they were trying to make it better.

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 03:12:49 pm »
So I tried SSIV (steam version) with 2x Logitech F310 gamepads, both in DirectInput mode.

SSIV saw gamepad #1, worked as expect.  Did NOT see gamepad #2 - nothing worked.  During play, I flipped #2 to XInput mode and hit the "start" button, and it instantly started working.

So when Logitech says "DirectInput compatible" - they should clarify for Player 1 only.   :soapbox:

(This kind of relates to the stupid issues we have with the Logitech G25/G27 wheels and some console ports)

I did have a conversation with Andy @ Ultimarc about this.  He states that the Xinput protocol is encrypted by chips in the Xbox 360 controllers (licensed by Logitech for use in there controllers). I guessing since the Xbox 360 (and Xbox One) both use X-Input for there API - it makes console ports easy (and lazy / cheap / attractive to 3rd party publishers), while at the same time creating licensing revenue for Microsoft. 

I think I hate Microsoft's gaming platforms even more now.  If that's even possible.  Hacking up a known-compatible x-input gamepad seems like an attractive option at this point.

I am using 2 ps360+ encoders. Just played a game of SSIV, all my controls work perfect. MMK, SF Vs Tekken all play fine.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 03:29:48 pm »
I am using 2 ps360+ encoders. Just played a game of SSIV, all my controls work perfect. MMK, SF Vs Tekken all play fine.

http://www.focusattack.com/akishop-ps360-multi-console-joystick-pcb/

That's a $60 per player encoder that is listed as Xbox 360 compatible - so its XInput compatible.  I'd expect it to work, but damn its expensive.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:33:25 pm by Fursphere »

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 04:09:15 pm »

That's a $60 per player encoder that is listed as Xbox 360 compatible - so its XInput compatible.  I'd expect it to work, but damn its expensive.

Yep it is, but worth it. No headaches of hacking controllers. Plus I can use a dreamcast, ps2, ps3, xbox, xbox 360 and pc. I have a 4 port kvm switch, so If I really want to, I can run 3 consoles and a pc in my cab.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 04:18:50 pm »

Yep it is, but worth it. No headaches of hacking controllers. Plus I can use a dreamcast, ps2, ps3, xbox, xbox 360 and pc. I have a 4 port kvm switch, so If I really want to, I can run 3 consoles and a pc in my cab.

Just to be clear - you tested both player 1 and player 2 (at the same time)?   I only ask because player 1 in those games works with DirectInput just fine... its player 2 that's the problem.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 04:22:59 pm »

Does the PC detect it as an xbox controller so that the game displays the xbox buttons?

In the manual, it says "PC/PS3 are now one and the same, there is no PC mode, only an adjusted PS3
mode that takes care of both."

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
Re: Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - keyboard control issues
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 09:12:13 pm »

Just to be clear - you tested both player 1 and player 2 (at the same time)?   I only ask because player 1 in those games works with DirectInput just fine... its player 2 that's the problem.
https://db.tt/b30PPcVJ

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 09:13:54 pm »
Pc detects them as xbox 360 controllers

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 09:26:15 pm »
Just tried it with ttx and ttx2, seems to work ok.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 09:51:01 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to verify.   :cheers:

With lack of other options - seems like it might be the current solution?  (not-withstanding software hacks like x360ce)

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 10:00:06 pm »

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
Re: Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - keyboard control issues
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 10:08:11 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to verify.   :cheers:

With lack of other options - seems like it might be the current solution?  (not-withstanding software hacks like x360ce)
No problem at all :D Glad I could help, its nice to be helping instead of being helped for once. I dont have injustice for pc yet. I probably wont until the price drops. I have it on my 360 already. The other day I got kof stream edition. It also works with that. I can check other games/emulators if need be. I am not the best at soldering, so these encoders seemed like the logical thing to get.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2013, 09:36:17 am »
Thanks.

Now I'm not even sure that the game will be playable on my cab anyway.  :(
It freezes part of the way into the start of a match.
(when the bats are scattering to reveal batman for example)
It also freezes if I let it sit and it tries to play the attract video.
Basically when it's time to render the characters....

If I turn the video settings all the way down to 640x480 windowed and disable all the effects, the game will play, but way too slow to be playable.
When I let the game determine the best settings, it sets it to 1280x720 with most things enabled, but those settings cause it to freeze.

The strange part is that the game also runs unbearably slow on my 3.4Ghz i7/550M laptop unless I turn the resolution way down and run it windowed.
I know it's a laptop, but it's never failed to run anything that has been thrown at it.

I'm thinking video driver issue, but last time I updated the one on the cab it made the more demanding games in Demul and MAME unplayable.
Guess I'll see if there is an update for the laptop and if it makes a difference.

EDIT
Solutions found online, but not tried yet:
> Turn Vsync off  (seems to fix slowdown for a lot of people)
> Turn Shadows off (seems to fix crashes)
> On laptops, the game will default to the onboard video instead of GPU.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:45:29 am by BadMouth »

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 10:31:35 am »
That seems to be a new thing with "gaming" laptops. The high end video card ONLY works with an external display.  Kind of defeats the purpose.

My buddy was ready to smash the brand new one he bought last year when he figured that out. Deceptive marketing much?    :(

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2020, 10:15:48 am
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 05:14:55 pm »
According to the x360ce compatibility list, Injustice is supported, but requires Hookmask which is only present in more recent versions of x360ce.
I have some experience with this in getting Sonic Allstars racing to work with my G27, but it's unclear if these newer versions of x360ce can work with the x360kb.ini file.  In the app itself, it's not possible to map keyboard keys.

The compat list shows Injustice in the exact same group of games as the Street Figther series.

Why then do you suspect it has different requirements to use with the x360 pad emulator?
"The Manuel"

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2013, 05:51:03 pm »
The vsync and shadow fixes mentioned worked on my cab.  The game is fully playable and runs full speed now.
It does have a little tearing, but I guess that's a minor inconvenience.  It has a few options for refresh rate, so maybe that will get rid of it.

The compat list shows Injustice in the exact same group of games as the Street Figther series.

Why then do you suspect it has different requirements to use with the x360 pad emulator?

I dunno, but that's a good point.  I tried using the other .dll files from the current build, but didn't try renaming the original one that comes with x360kb.ini like I did for SSFIVAE.  I will mess around with that angle some more when I get time.  I might not get to it until the weekend.

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2013, 08:22:27 pm »
I dunno, but that's a good point.  I tried using the other .dll files from the current build, but didn't try renaming the original one that comes with x360kb.ini like I did for SSFIVAE.  I will mess around with that angle some more when I get time.  I might not get to it until the weekend.
That might lead somewhere.  Remember that SFIVAE uses xinput9_1_0.dll, whereas the other two SF games and MK all use xinput1_3.dll, so Injustice might be in the same boat.
"The Manuel"

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2013, 09:46:40 pm »
That might lead somewhere.  Remember that SFIVAE uses xinput9_1_0.dll, whereas the other two SF games and MK all use xinput1_3.dll, so Injustice might be in the same boat.

Didn't work.  :(
Now that the game is running on the cab, I can't give up on the controls.

Although I would prefer the x-input buttons showing up, after a few more tries I'm going to move on to vjoy.
The only issue I foresee possibly arising with vjoy would be that it doesn't block the keys in Vista or Win7, so the inputs hooked up to the hardcoded navigation keys will still active while playing.  Guess I'll find out.  It would be the same way with x360kb, if we could get it working.

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - keyboard control and other issues
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2013, 10:08:29 pm »
I may be asking the obvious but, did you make sure to map all keyboard keys to unused keys in your encoder?
"The Manuel"

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2013, 10:25:57 pm »
I may be asking the obvious but, did you make sure to map all keyboard keys to unused keys in your encoder?

The keys that are used for navigation are hard coded and cannot be remapped.
The G key is accept and the J key is back.
It doesn't matter what you map any of the keys to, G will always work as accept and J will always work as back.
(numpad 4 and 6 for Player 2)
All the fighting controls can be remapped, but it doesn't carry over to the menu navigation.

I haven't actually played a game yet to see if it causes issues during a fight, just making a note that it may be an issue that needs addressed.

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2013, 10:29:29 pm »
Alright.  I hope  you can get this to work.  I haven't bought the game yet.  I'm still waiting for a sizable price drop but really need the means to play it with my iPac.

Good luck!
"The Manuel"

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2013, 10:51:16 pm »
It's the same deal it MKKE afaik.....  I've been using gamepads with the game... it won't run on my current rig. 

Since they are hardcoded, it should be a simple matter of a hex edit..... We just need to know the input method the game is using. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2013, 10:55:00 pm »
Did you guys see this:

http://www.xgaming.com/support/questions/137/Mortal+Kombat+Komplete+Edition+PC+Setup

It should apply to injustice as well

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2013, 10:59:37 pm »
That is the same x360 pad emulator everyone is using for SF games and MKKE.  I have MKKE working without issues on my arcade machine's PC.
I can help you set that one up.

MKKE turned out to be the trickiest one to set up.
You can see my instructions here.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:02:24 pm by TheManuel »
"The Manuel"