Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe AMI CD-100C Problems  (Read 4716 times)

CMarie102

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2013, 03:17:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe AMI CD-100C Problems
« on: December 01, 2013, 12:08:14 am »
Okay, I'm way out of my league here, but any advice or general pointing-me-in-the-right-direction would be much appreciated!

My dad bought a CD-100C from his bar-owner friend about a year ago.  He uses it at his house and it's been working fine in Free Play mode until today.  He turned it on today and the display showed nothing but "7"s all the way across.  He was able to clear the display by pressing RESET, but then it stated he needed more credits.

After fumbling through the manuals, I was able to view the error history (no current active errors, but I wrote down all of the history prior to clearing it just in case) and then I put it back into Free Play mode.  When I put it back into Normal mode from Service mode, it passed RAM check but then showed all 7s again.  I pressed RESET, which cleared the 7s, Free play mode was back on, but nothing happened when I tried to choose a song.  On a side note, I also had to go reset the Page In/Out Limits because they mysteriously changed from 1 - 9 to 4 - 9.  Things just got very weird with the programming somehow.

So, now the issue is that none of his CDs are initialized.  When I attempt to Initialize, as soon as I close the front cover (putting it into Normal mode) the display once again shows nothing but 7s all the way across and the initialization never begins.  The System Error and Rowelink lights are both lit on the CCC.  The other two are not lit.  Any advice?  Has anyone ever seen the display read 7s before and cds fail to initialize?  Couldn't figure out where to begin with the manuals.  Thanks in advance.

-Crystal

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Rowe AMI CD-100C Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 01:00:38 am »
Sounds like maybe the battery in the CCC is dead or close to dead and needs to be replaced.

CMarie102

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 01:32:12 am »
Thanks for the response.  Hopefully I'll be able to navigate the manuals well enough to figure out how to change it.  Sounds like an easy enough fix, though!

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 01:51:32 pm »
these batteries in the CCC are soldered in place, it may be in your best interest to take it to a shop and have them replace it with a holder that you can insert a standard CR2032 battery into.

that will make changing it in the future much easier.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 02:27:48 pm »
As originally shipped from the Rowe factory, the battery in the CCC was a soldered-in type. Today, most repair techs replace that battery with a "slip-in" coin cell holder so future replacements are easy for ordinary people. Plus the fact that the coin cell batteries can be purchased at any grocery store, discount store, drug store, etc.

CMarie102

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 03:17:11 pm »
Thank you both.   :)  I'm going to take another look at it this weekend and see if the batteries have been replaced previously (the guy my dad bought this from bought it in 1997 or something ridiculous) or if they're soldered in.  Thanks again for the help!

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 06:52:00 pm »