Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: (I) Fix(ed)-it Felix Wrapper  (Read 58021 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: (I) Fix(ed)-it Felix Wrapper
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2019, 01:10:28 pm »
Direct x versions don't overwrite each other you are fine. 

read it as "directx for vb"  it's not directx 4.  ;)

nakash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2019, 06:46:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2019, 07:09:34 pm »
You are my hero.

Thanks a lot. It’s working. Just a glitch with one button who exit the game instead of doing something else.
Dont know why but it’s working overall.

I hope i didnt touch anything for the rest of my games and my setup.

Wonderful help.
Again thanks.

Vahalas

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2021, 05:14:16 pm
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2019, 05:02:46 pm »
Has anyone been able to get a joystick connected using a zero-delay USB encoder working with the wrapper? I've tried every numbered joystick but no luck :(

-Vahalas

JDFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2019, 12:13:50 pm »
Has anyone been able to get a joystick connected using a zero-delay USB encoder working with the wrapper? I've tried every numbered joystick but no luck :(

-Vahalas

Have you tried using JoyToKey ? ( https://joytokey.net/en/ )

It translates the joystick inputs into keyboard inputs for the game ( IIRC I had to use it with the zd encoder - but it's been awhile since I set it up )

ccatalyst

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2021, 03:02:10 pm
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2019, 02:52:39 am »
Beautiful Work on this wrapper, however i have a question that i have not seen addressed yet, which has to do with the high score saving feature.
I am running this on my FIFJ cabinet with windows xp on an ssd drive, i have disabled swap which allows me to just shut down the machine and have never had any windows issues.
I installed your wrapper, and i did notice that your wrapper allowed the high score to now go above 15000, which is great.
However if i shut down the cabinet by just turning it off, which turns off the computer as if you had pulled the power from the power supply.
When i bring it back up , i noticed that the high scores did not remain saved in the game.
I noticed  that i have to exit the game properly in order to have the high scores be retained, is there any way to have the high scores remain once they get input into the game, without having to properly exit.

Many Thanks Once again.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2019, 01:27:04 pm »
Nope.  I'm manually saving the hi scores.  The only way to do that safely is to do it after the game shuts down.  If I get a chance I can look into adding shutdown detection. 

Vahalas

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2021, 05:14:16 pm
« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2019, 07:11:51 pm »

-Vahalas

Have you tried using JoyToKey ? ( https://joytokey.net/en/ )

It translates the joystick inputs into keyboard inputs for the game ( IIRC I had to use it with the zd encoder - but it's been awhile since I set it up )

JoyToKey worked like magic!...I think. I'm assuming that the movement in the game requires a player to keep pressing a key/move the joystick back to center and then to the direction again? (unlike Donkey Kong where you just hold a direction and jumpman runs).

I do have one remaining issue. I run my monitor in 1024 x 1280 (vertical). When I try to use the fullscreen support option in the wrapper it flips to 640x480 and cuts off the right side of the game (instead of 480x640) but the game does render in the correct orientation. I've been able to work around this by just using the 200% render option. Anyone else have the 640x480 issue? (I'm not ruling out that it could be simply a junky LCD monitor)

ccatalyst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2019, 03:17:19 am »
checked the high score , and found a problem with it, we got to 37200, and then exited the game, it saved it fine as you mentioned, but we noticed as more high scores got put on, they would not show up in order, and what was even weirder it that now it does not even show the high score initials for the guy that got the high score, the high score remains in the middle top of the game, but the initials get wiped out and the positions get jumbled as new high scores are added on. Is there a way to fix this?

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 04:54:50 pm
  • Building fun things for fun
    • sergiostuff.com/2020/04/15/felix-son-arcade-game/
    • Sergio Stuff
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2019, 09:49:45 am »
checked the high score , and found a problem with it, we got to 37200, and then exited the game, it saved it fine as you mentioned, but we noticed as more high scores got put on, they would not show up in order, and what was even weirder it that now it does not even show the high score initials for the guy that got the high score, the high score remains in the middle top of the game, but the initials get wiped out and the positions get jumbled as new high scores are added on. Is there a way to fix this?

Sorry, at work right now so can't look, but isn't the hiscore just saved in a text file? Couldn't you just clear out that file and go from there? Probably create a backup first...

ccatalyst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2019, 03:25:24 pm »
The issue isn't that you can wipe it out, the issue is that the high scores get jumbled up, so for example normal high score tables are like this

ras 10000
jbe 9000
ghe 8000
jkd 7000
edg 6000

However when I use the wrapper , if you keep getting high scores it does this

rft 12000
dft 8500
uhj 6360
ras 10000
jbe 9000

it keeps pushing the top scores down, till there completely gone, yet the highest score still remains constantly on game screen in the top middle, even when it is not longer in the high score table, because it has been pushed way down.

kims64

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2020, 05:24:52 am
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2019, 11:42:13 am »
Hi,
First of all I would like to thank Howard for his hard work, creating the Fix It Felix Jr. wrapper.

So to the point. I have been working on an arcade cabinet with this game and have installed your wrapper, which have been working great.
Now it seems like some kind of license nag effect is making things harder! When I start the wrapper, the game keeps rotating?!? any ideas why this happens?
I have tested it on both Windows 7 and Windows 10. both worked fine about a month ago, but now they both have this issue.
Strange thing is both machine have not been powered up for about three weeks.

If I run the original Disney version without the wrapper, it works perfectly.

Hope someone can help me. I'm pulling my hair out :(

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2019, 01:39:21 pm »
All these years later and it's STILL getting people. 

Check what day it is..... aka.... April Fools!

kims64

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2020, 05:24:52 am
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2019, 01:45:44 pm »
OMG thanks. I really got fooles there

I never thought about that Guess I will have to wait until tomorrow

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2019, 01:48:35 pm »

:applaud:

JDFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2019, 02:28:52 pm »

It does make the game a bit harder to play when the screen is rotating like that !  :cheers:

Mike A

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:41:21 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2019, 02:34:26 pm »
Just drink until it stops rotating.

bigdaddy24

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 15, 2021, 11:15:49 am
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2019, 08:47:34 pm »
Hi everyone, first time posting!  I'm building my first vertical cabinet with Howard's Fix(ed) it Felix Jr. and MAME.  Since I'm running my monitor on a vertical configuration I'm having the known issue mentioned above where FiF will not run centered when in full screen mode.  It sounded like Howard and jeffsgames came up with a batch file using iRotate to shift the orientation of the display prior to running FiF and then having it switch back upon exiting so it went back to a vertical alignment.  I feel like an idiot but I've never had experience with writing batch files, let alone one that is opening separate applications and running commands on another.  Could anyone who has done this share what something would look like?  It sounded like Jeff figured it out but it doesn't appear he's been active in a while.  He wrote "My batch file rotates windows back to landscape, then launches FIFJR which is set to run rotated vertically.  When I exit FIFJR, the batch file completes by rotating Windows back to portrait."  Can anyone help me?!

BTW, I'm using Maximus Arcade as my Frontend on a Windows10 Machine.

Thank you!

Turambar

• And I don't watch Fox news or use Happ joysticks.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2021, 11:10:13 pm
  • Owner of Wayback's Arcade
    • Wayback's Arcade
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2021, 10:33:13 pm »
Coming to you live from 2021... hoping someone remembers anything about their setup...

I have the game installed and running perfectly and rotating to fill a vertically mounted monitor. Keyboard controls all work. However, I am trying to get this working with the zero delay encoder on an arcade cabinet. Several had mentioned that they used joytokey to get these types of encoders to work. Using joytokey, I am able to type in notepad++ and other applications. Every movement of the joystick and press of buttons register. However, even after setting joytokey to the controls in the configuration, no button presses register in game. I even sprang $10 to try xpadder to no avail. Like joytokey, everything registers in other programs. I was wondering if anyone on here remembered how they got joytokey to work. I'm running all of this on a Windows 10 machine with a clean install of the OS and files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 10:58:28 pm by Turambar »

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 04:54:50 pm
  • Building fun things for fun
    • sergiostuff.com/2020/04/15/felix-son-arcade-game/
    • Sergio Stuff
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2021, 10:48:24 am »
Coming to you live from 2021... hoping someone remembers anything about their setup...

I have the game installed and running perfectly and rotating to fill a vertically mounted monitor. Keyboard controls all work. However, I am trying to get this working with the zero delay encoder on an arcade cabinet. Several had mentioned that they used joytokey to get these types of encoders to work. Using joytokey, I am able to type in notepad++ and other applications. Every movement of the joystick and press of buttons register. However, even after setting joytokey to the controls in the configuration, no button presses register in game. I even sprang $10 to try xpadder to no avail. Like joytokey, everything registers in other programs. I was wondering if anyone on here remembered how they got joytokey to work. I'm running all of this on a Windows 10 machine with a clean install of the OS and files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you running the software through a front end? If so, try just running it natively and see if that makes a difference (sometimes frontends can "steal" inputs). Try running FFJr WITHOUT the wrapper, just to eliminate variables. If either of those things work, that'll at least tell you where the problem is.

mrbee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2023, 07:57:25 pm
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2023, 05:15:39 pm »
2023 here  :cheers:

Just finishing my cabinet build, i've totally redone the sounds for the game beyond what i've seen available or done before to try to get it as "movie accurate" as i can and trying to get some final touches sorted. (the boot logo for windows is now ralphs head lol)

Just wondering though if its possible to turn OFF attract mode?

I don't think muting attract mode would be easy to do, as it uses all of the sounds from the DATA folder, it would be like trying to tell the game to not play any of those sounds, but to then just identify this as attract mode sounds..  :-\
But it could be possible to turn off attract mode perhaps just have the title screen show insert coin indefinitely until a coin is inserted?

One thing i've noticed as well, it only shows the "hey you've moved my stump!" scene in attract mode, instead of after you insert a coin and press start. it just cuts to ralph straight away.

i wonder if there is a way to add this scene to the intro when you start a game instead of it be only in attract mode....

my aim is to try and give it that same experience as seen in the film where you dont see an attract mode and insert coin and the attract mode scene happens after pressing start.