Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: on my 1st cabinet build  (Read 14018 times)

EckSrg22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2013, 05:00:41 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
on my 1st cabinet build
« on: November 22, 2013, 08:57:19 pm »
hey guys, being new to the forums here I want to say thanks for all the info on everything.  but my question has to do with the coin door/coin mech.....I really want my coin door/mech to accept any coin. the thread from a few years ago I guess the guy has sold out, I'm a lil late lol.....but if there is any other posts on this I would really appreciate any links, info, guidance, or suggestions on where to look.  I'm sorry if it's obvious as I'm just learning the forum setup.  also if its possible for me to DIY another coin mech to make it accept any coin which coin mech should I go with that's the simplest to change around?  again thanks for any help you wonderful fellow arcade builders can give me.

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:18:13 pm
  • North East, US
on my 1st cabinet build
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:03:00 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forums.
  You should be able to fashion your own.
Basically you want to have the coin door with the coin switches but no coin mechs.
You can them fashion some sort of chute to steer the coin down through the coin switches.
  I'm not so sure about this method easily allowing any size coin but I would think its possible.
   One post you may wanna look at is the spinal tap cabinet by Eds1275

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,107662.80.html

It may help to give you a start.

nexusmtz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
Re: on my 1st cabinet build
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 10:13:25 pm »
...I really want my coin door/mech to accept any coin...

The ones I have are from Arcadenut. They work great.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,111317.msg1180768.html#msg1180768

They're sold out, and I don't know if he plans to do another run, but it can't hurt to show interest.

Aliraza019

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2014, 05:14:13 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: on my 1st cabinet build
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 01:04:48 am »
Hey.

If I purchase the Kindle version of Project Arcade, is it still possible to get the resources on the physical copy's CD?

Thanks
Unlike scam brain dumps dumps and Monmouth University dumps training program, our best LPI