Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Megatouch Home Released!!  (Read 9017 times)

compamac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2013, 06:57:55 pm
  • In need of another Megatouch machine!
Megatouch Home Released!!
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:40:32 pm »
Just heard about it the other day and that it was already released! Check out the headlines on their site (link below). Haven't seen any pictures yet but, I am very curious as to what it will be like
Link:  http://www.megatouch.com/about/headlines/index.php

In my opinion it really wouldn't be a Megatouch, I mean yeah sure it says it but it just wouldn't feel official to me. Im sure that there is no bill acceptor and it is set to free play.

Tell me what you guys think about this and or if you know any certain info about this

BTW I am new to this site so i am really sorry if this post is shabby.
Currently own 6 machines. One of which is a Megatouch Upright

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:11:25 pm
Re: Megatouch Home Released!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 05:53:28 pm »
They already tried this and failed. It was called megatouch gametime. There too expensive and now with soo many touchscreen games/apps for ipad, windows 8, androids..ect..ect, this will be an even bigger failure. I could see operators buying these instead of megatouch live ML-1 machines and being forced to give them % of profit.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:47:27 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 10:00:05 pm »
I could see operators buying these instead of megatouch live ML-1 machines and being forced to give them % of profit.

provided the system is able to be modified to accept money  >:D

compamac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2013, 06:57:55 pm
  • In need of another Megatouch machine!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 07:04:37 am »
Very true! Wasn't even thinking about that. Im darn sure an operator would purchase one of those instead of a more expensive model, slap their bill acceptor in there and bam.

BTW Thanks for filling me in with their previous release on a home model!
Currently own 6 machines. One of which is a Megatouch Upright

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 10:00:17 am »
I could see operators buying these instead of megatouch live ML-1 machines and being forced to give them % of profit.

provided the system is able to be modified to accept money  >:D

Im sure that would not be a problem software wise. If the machine doesnt have room for a bill acceptor, one could be most likely added externally. Or even better option would be one of the game cards that you add credits to like Dave & Busters or Starters use.

NoRefunds

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2022, 07:39:41 pm
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 05:32:47 pm »
Oh God Jesus and Baby Jesus they had this stupid thing at the IAAPA show.  I just shook my head and laughed as did everyone.  I mean, what home buyer is going to pay THOUSANDS for a 20 pound....tablet....basically, with a 21" screen.  Have fun when you drop it.  I hope that, in true megatouch fashion, it operates as hot as the sun and burns your legs when you sit it on your lap.  Capacitors are already bulging.

Instead of ,perhaps, creating a touchscreen that took in a dollar, (crazy right) they spent their time building this.  We need to somehow incorporate using customers cell phones with the games.  Cell phones killed them so we must in some way use them.  That's for a different thread.

No way possible to put a bill acceptor on this retarded thing either.

This will be the end of Merit.  There is a reason that Rowe has made them a separate entity. 

No way they ever sell more than 10.

There is one on ebay already.  Search for megatouch home.  $3995 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 12:13:41 pm »
Oh god, It looks just like a tablet a million times thicker. :laugh2:

Hmm...Do I buy a thinner, sleeker tablet for under $1000 and just get some touchscreen games/apps. Or do i buy this god awful bulky, heavy tablet for $4000.

Im in disbelief they would make this thing look like a computer tablet and have the nerve to mention being geared toward the home users game room. Was that a misprint and they meant to say geared toward the home users computer room?

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 01:10:45 pm »
i think the ad should have said hey suckers,we have a bridge for u today
at $$$..please do not expect much out of it unless u tie it to our server and pay
us $$$ for the right to use it..oh btw in 1 year u will need a mobo

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 09:01:42 am »
Do these things come with software dvd's? I would like to check out the data structure.

NoRefunds

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2022, 07:39:41 pm
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 08:08:54 am »
And for some more comedy gold, here is the actual message from merit:

Some operators have expressed concern over this latest release. Megatouch Home will not take Megatouch revenue away from you and your locations. It is not an inexpensive game console as it retails for $4,000. The people who have purchased our home models in the past are not the same people who play Megatouch in bars and restaurants. They are the parents of the next generation of bar and tavern patrons. Hooking them on our addictive games in the home environment leads to a lifetime of loyal players who will want to share their favorite game obsession with friends on a night out. They learn it at home and spread the word at the corner bar, building a fan base for your machines.   

Let's rant about this:
I as an operator have expressed concern over their last 4 generations of machines.  It won't take revenue away, unlike their online models which take money directly away or the stupid game won't work.  (oh but the "updates" are free)  nice spin there.  I love the "parents of the next generation" part.  Man, talk about spin spin spin.  Or rather, bs bs bs!  The last sentence is just a freaking all time classic as well!! :lol :lol :lol   So glad they are building a fan base for my machines while they continue to sell my customers games for .99 at the app store.   Dizzy from the spinning. :dizzy: