Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame roms not showing up in Maximus Arcade  (Read 17759 times)

Arcadeslasher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 10, 2014, 12:20:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mame roms not showing up in Maximus Arcade
« on: November 17, 2013, 06:33:18 pm »
I'm using Mameui64 0.149 and I setup MA 2.10 exactly as the Youtube video showed, but only bios files are shown on the game list such as Arcadia System Bios, 3DO Bios and so on. I have all of the directories set correctly so I'm not sure what could be wrong. Any advice would really be appreciated. BTW, this is my first time using MA.

Richardgregory

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2021, 01:15:10 pm
Re: Mame roms not showing up in Maximus Arcade
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:28:09 am »
For the list of emulations/systems, what you need to do if you haven't already is choose the emulation(s) that you want to have in Maximus, and configure each one seperately.  Ie. MAME, SNES, C64, etc...

Arcadeslasher

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 12:22:20 pm »
I've already done that. I followed the exact directions in the video below and still only bios files show up.

Richardgregory

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 01:04:22 pm »
Have you rescanned all your ROMS in Maximus?   Under Configuration tab, at the bottom you'll see the Scan tab....force it on launch and see if it makes a difference.

Arcadeslasher

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 12:29:38 am »
Thanks for the tip Richard, but forcing rescanning on launch didn't help either. It's still only showing bios files instead of the games/roms. I even tried older versions of MAME and it does the same thing. Other emulators such as the Gameboy Advance and SNES work fine though.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 12:10:01 pm »
Thanks for the tip Richard, but forcing rescanning on launch didn't help either. It's still only showing bios files instead of the games/roms. I even tried older versions of MAME and it does the same thing. Other emulators such as the Gameboy Advance and SNES work fine though.

Are you sure you set the roms folder correctly ? (perhaps you pointed it to the wrong folder or mispelled something in the path ) And are your roms in .zip format (IIRC Maximus only scans for .zip compressed format and some download sites have them in .7z )

Juddy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2014, 02:15:12 pm
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 12:43:22 pm »
Can you run mameui by itself outside Maximus?
Can you supply a screenshot of your configuration please.

Richardgregory

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 12:58:05 pm »
That's a good point about the .zip exenstion.  You can also inform Maximus to scan for certain file extensions.  But as suggested, check the path again and run MAME without Maximus to ensure that ROMS load okay.

Are you sure you set the roms folder correctly ? (perhaps you pointed it to the wrong folder or mispelled something in the path ) And are your roms in .zip format (IIRC Maximus only scans for .zip compressed format and some download sites have them in .7z )

Arcadeslasher

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 08:39:19 pm »
That did the trick! All of my roms are in .7z format and MA looks for zips by default. I made the simple fix and now everything is good to go. Thanks guys!  :)

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 11:04:36 pm »
That did the trick! All of my roms are in .7z format and MA looks for zips by default. I made the simple fix and now everything is good to go. Thanks guys!  :)

Glad you got it sorted !

Delicious

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2021, 07:11:00 pm
  • I want to learn all i can :)
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 04:54:16 pm »
Im having the same issues.  I have MA 2.10  and the latest version of mame(version 1.53)  mame lists and plays my outside of frontend.              ( I have roughly 9000 roms) however In MA it only shows 69 roms. 

all my roms are in .rar format

heres what ive tried thus far:

ive tried rescanning (force rescan of media folder)

changing from Clrmame pro to XML

rescanning the data history base

even tried adding the media extension .zip in the scan section of MA

Do i need to convert my roms to zip?

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 05:22:53 pm »
Im having the same issues.  I have MA 2.10  and the latest version of mame(version 1.53)  mame lists and plays my outside of frontend.              ( I have roughly 9000 roms) however In MA it only shows 69 roms. 

all my roms are in .rar format

heres what ive tried thus far:

ive tried rescanning (force rescan of media folder)

changing from Clrmame pro to XML

rescanning the data history base

even tried adding the media extension .zip in the scan section of MA

Do i need to convert my roms to zip?

Try unpacking the rar format -- They are probably zip format rom packages all placed in a rar file or several rar file parts for downloading. so might need to be unrared before using. 

Delicious

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2021, 07:11:00 pm
  • I want to learn all i can :)
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 08:49:48 pm »
Fixed the issue, the problem was that they were .7z files.  All i had to do was add the media extension .7z in the scan section of MA and force a rescan. 

josh1121

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2015, 07:08:04 pm
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 06:02:25 pm »
I am having a similar, but different issue. I have only 78 roms on the roms folder (MA 2.10 / MAME 1.57). but only 60 show up in the list, it's like the list stopped at Q. I have rescanned several times, changed the roms folder and removed and readded MA. I've checked all of the roms and they are in .zip format and all work in MAME just fine. I am pulling my hair out. Any help would be appreciated.

josh1121

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2015, 07:08:04 pm
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 07:08:20 pm »
I figured it out. It looks like it was an old catver.ini (the one that came with MA 2.1). I updated to the latest version, and rescanned. Worked like a charm.

coloneljp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2015, 07:25:47 pm
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 07:13:47 pm »
In MA for MAME, all of my roms show up, but they won't play because it says they are missing certain files within the zipped rom. I've tried about everything I can think of to solve it with no luck- HELP!?!

Yenome

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 11:08:50 pm
  • Punch a fish. Make a wish
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 09:32:13 pm »
In MA for MAME, all of my roms show up, but they won't play because it says they are missing certain files within the zipped rom. I've tried about everything I can think of to solve it with no luck- HELP!?!

that message means what it says your missing files. that is mame telling you that not MA. depending on the version of mame depends on the roms you need. have to make sure the roms match the mame version your using. good program for that is clrmamepro or romcenter. it will make a file from mame.exe to use to compare the roms too to see what files are missing
My Gf made me put a sig up. /whipped

superhippieman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2019, 10:08:10 am
  • I love my Superman Cabinet!
    • Micah Nichols Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 03:28:43 pm »
I figured it out. It looks like it was an old catver.ini (the one that came with MA 2.1). I updated to the latest version, and rescanned. Worked like a charm.

I know this is years later and i probably won't get a response, but i am having the same problem. Mame plays all games just fine but maximus arcade is leaving out a random handful. I've tried everything but this. .ini thing.

Is that a maximus arcade issue or Mame? How do i try this route?

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 05:46:51 pm »

I know this is years later and i probably won't get a response, but i am having the same problem. Mame plays all games just fine but maximus arcade is leaving out a random handful. I've tried everything but this. .ini thing.

Maximus is dead and no longer supported or updated.
Get anew front end.

superhippieman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2019, 10:08:10 am
  • I love my Superman Cabinet!
    • Micah Nichols Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2018, 05:59:43 pm »

Get anew front end.

That was very helpful thank you.

Oh no wait....it was super unhelpful. I know maximus is dead. It looks the way i want it too and isnt all crazy newaged with garbage everywhere looking overly graphic. I want simple graphics and easy for guests to understand wether 20 or 90.

These new ones have circulat scrolling menus and all kinds of things that make them hard for yonger kids or older adults to process.

Retro gaming is dead too....but here i am utilizing it on a daily basis with maximus arcade....like so many others....it has this one issue that makes a few games not play....i can live with it i was just hoping someone knew an easy fix. Btw....other front ends have loads of issues, compatibility issues, comprehension issues etc. I live maximus because i KNOW it won't be getting updated and changed every 5 seconds. I can't keep up with this computer crap. Im not tech savvy and maximus makes it easy. It stays the same. Like my old games.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2018, 06:04:35 pm »

Get anew front end.

That was very helpful thank you.

Oh no wait....it was super unhelpful. I know maximus is dead. It looks the way i want it too and isnt all crazy newaged with garbage everywhere looking overly graphic. I want simple graphics and easy for guests to understand wether 20 or 90.

These new ones have circulat scrolling menus and all kinds of things that make them hard for yonger kids or older adults to process.

Retro gaming is dead too....but here i am utilizing it on a daily basis with maximus arcade....like so many others....it has this one issue that makes a few games not play....i can live with it i was just hoping someone knew an easy fix. Btw....other front ends have loads of issues, compatibility issues, comprehension issues etc. I live maximus because i KNOW it won't be getting updated and changed every 5 seconds. I can't keep up with this computer crap. Im not tech savvy and maximus makes it easy. It stays the same. Like my old games.

Your super welcome :)

Seriously though sarcasm aside dump maximus!

There are lots of other FE’s that are cleaner and easier to use.

You will find once you try a new one you like  you will never go back.

Dont be stuck in the past.
Theres a difference between holing on to the past and dragging your heels.