Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: (im sorry) another mamewah art/layout ?  (Read 1069 times)

ts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2016, 03:01:29 pm
  • I'm a llama!
(im sorry) another mamewah art/layout ?
« on: November 22, 2003, 01:14:49 pm »
been reading for a while and I must just be missing something simple.  I have mamewah up and running, game list is there (by the way with so many games how do you all scroll through them all to get where you want or do you categorize them somehow?)  

I have my discs that I obtanined wiith my artwork folder with various games zipped.  Do I have to unzip them all?  I unzipped a few and they dont appear to be screenshots.  They look like overlays and bezel art.  And an .art file?  Are these my screenshots.  If not where do I hunt screenshots for these games down.   If this has been addressed simply before please point me in the riight direction.  I guess the whole layout thing and how it relates to thes individual game screenshots and files is where I am getting lost.

Thanks for any direction

« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 01:26:48 pm by ts »

papaschtroumpf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2013, 11:41:10 pm
  • Have a Cow!
Re:(im sorry) another mamewah art/layout ?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 01:43:05 pm »
left or right on your joystick will jump to the next "page" of games. Still take a while to go through 4000+ games, so sort them out in different lists and use "3" to switch list.

As far as layout, unzip the artwork in something like C:\MAME\SNAPS or whatever, you should have a bunch of png pictures that have the same name as the corresponding mame ROM.
Then enter the path c:\MAME\SNAPS under artwork #1 in the emu1.cfg (or whatever number your mame emu is) . These instructions shouldwork for any of the "classic" layouts.
If you have other artwork (flyers, cabinet pictures, ...) enter them under a different artwork number but I don't think the "classic" layouts make use of them so you'llhave to use the layout editor to add them. Whenever you're missinga picture you should see the mamewah logo instead.

Another solution is to use Dave Butler's excellen "mamewah configuration" utility and you won't even have to update the CFG files by hand. also, you should have instant feedback on whether your artwork is properly found and displayed (do a search on this forum for a link to the software).

ts

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2016, 03:01:29 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 02:00:52 pm »
Nevermind they were in a different folder.  My idiot gene flared up again.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 06:44:22 am by ts »

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 04:27:11 pm »
By default player 2 right/left jumps 100, up/down jumps 500. You can really move through the list in a hurry.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

papaschtroumpf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2013, 11:41:10 pm
  • Have a Cow!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 07:28:45 pm »
unless you hae a single player panel like me  :(
I guess I have some "spare" buttons I can use for that maybe, I didn't know about the P2 controls.