Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: megatouch question?  (Read 3406 times)

didgey101

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2015, 04:56:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
megatouch question?
« on: November 08, 2013, 11:41:08 am »
Hi all. I notice there is a network socket on the back of my megatouch force machine looks like a rj45 port...is this for connecting to the internet and if so what for or is it to link machines together? Just would like to know as ive just installed a super fast wifi and ethernet connection in my shed so can link it up to whatever it does...very many thanks...tim

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
Re: megatouch question?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 01:01:44 pm »
yes most merits had both t10 <ethernet> and dial up connections on the back
ion's on the other hand had all of that plus a wireless moudle to usb
as a rule i never tie them in..but to each there own

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

smartbomb2084

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 03:14:53 pm
  • Having a SMART phone will make you DUMB.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 07:24:57 pm »
The network interface was for when games were running TournaMaXX...Not possible now unless you have an AMI account and ION 2014 software...

You can use it to link 2 megas together if they are the same version in order to play 'Head 2 Head' games.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 07:29:18 pm by smartbomb2084 »

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:06:46 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 03:19:08 pm »
The network interface was for when games were running TournaMaXX...Not possible now unless you have an AMI account and ION 2014 software...

You can use it to link 2 megas together if they are the same version in order to play 'Head 2 Head' games.

I never tried to link two megatouch together but if anyone interested in doing so, with 2012 and possibly up, you can do key sharing. I dont know when or if they accidently removed the key still in function, but i had pulled a 2012 key out of one of my ions by mistake and it never threw the error screen, actually ran for hours before turning it off.

Sarver Systems

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2020, 12:46:05 am
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 09:40:17 am »
SO it only checks the key at boot up...Interesting!