Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FPV Flight Station for RC planes\copters  (Read 5765 times)

CoryBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 21, 2023, 07:12:25 pm
  • Bopity Boopy
FPV Flight Station for RC planes\copters
« on: November 07, 2013, 09:24:51 pm »
Thought some of you might enjoy. I have wanted to do something similar for some years now. I would do a few things different but this is spot on!

http://flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

http://hackaday.com/2013/11/07/remote-control-fpv-cockpit/

:applaud:

Bones

• [Moderator]
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2021, 11:34:03 pm
Re: FPV Flight Station for RC planes\copters
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 06:48:41 pm »
Bumping an old thread..... This looks awesome & I can imagine a decade later this concept is full of potential for RC plane flyers.

I am considering something like this for an FPV quadcopter but I doubt there is a reliable way to replicate the gimbal feel of a proper RC radio. The controls would need to be incredibly precise and aim to reproduce the gimbal feel of thumbsticks.... I don't feel this is something that can be upsized while keeping the familiar feel of flying FPV.

Interested if anyone has considered/done anything similar. Basically a Star Wars sit down cab but you are interacting with the real world in real time.

Living the delusional lifestyle.

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 11:38:43 pm »
Hey Bones! Good to hear from you! Glad to hear you are still into sending things into the sky. :cheers: :cheers:

Vocalitus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2021, 06:16:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 07:19:14 am »
Bumping an old thread..... This looks awesome & I can imagine a decade later this concept is full of potential for RC plane flyers.

I am considering something like this for an FPV quadcopter but I doubt there is a reliable way to replicate the gimbal feel of a proper RC radio. The controls would need to be incredibly precise and aim to reproduce the gimbal feel of thumbsticks.... I don't feel this is something that can be upsized while keeping the familiar feel of flying FPV.

Interested if anyone has considered/done anything similar. Basically a Star Wars sit down cab but you are interacting with the real world in real time.

Sounds like a great way to train as a UAV operator.

Bones

• [Moderator]
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 11:28:40 pm »
Hey Bones! Good to hear from you! Glad to hear you are still into sending things into the sky. :cheers: :cheers:
Cheers man! :)

Bones

• [Moderator]
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 11:30:28 pm »
So found this which is pretty interesting. In 1989 a dude converted a Sega arcade cabinet into a cockpit to fly RC planes.

All cued up at the appropriate section....
https://youtu.be/h30stjRqCzM?t=459