Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2-player XBOX inspired Weecade inspired Bartop  (Read 21383 times)

jammin0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2023, 08:15:17 pm
Re: 2-player XBOX inspired Weecade inspired Bartop
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2013, 01:13:44 am »
Pretty sweet.
Another solid build!
  :cheers:
Thanks BadMouth.   Maybe the next one will be my dream sit down racer.  Hopefully you're still around when I get to that point.

I came up with one small regret.  The KADEs shift function is awesome for N64 games because it can emulate analog controls.  I setup the shift to do that for Player1 when locked(double click on the shift button) but I don't have enough buttons for a player 2 shift button.  Oh well, most of the games on N64 that play well on the bartops small screen are probably more suited for 1 player anyway.  I'm loving the shift indicator light option as well and impressed that it ties right in with the rest of the KADE ground.

mike boss

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2014, 09:36:00 am »
I'll be going thru this thread for help and inspiration as I tackle an XBOX powered bartop project shortly. Like yourself I'm going with a KADE for the controlls.
Years ago I purchased 3 "altered" XBOX consoles on the cheap. They were running
LINUX. If I recall correct they were configured with LINUX as a school project.
(That is what the guy told me anyway)
They were cheap so I bought them! I  had the chips flashed and installed XBMC and new larger hard drives @ my local "console chop shop."
When I bought them the guy included an adapter with a USB connection on the end. I never had a use for it til now. But I know this will work and easily allow me to use the KADE.
I have an extra RGB VGA adapter that I'll use in connection with a PC monitor.
I just need to find (buy) an extra XBOX component cable.
The only thing I need to solve is the audio and adding an external power button.
I'm looking forward to this.

rablack97

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2022, 06:50:10 pm
  • If you don't try, you have no chance at innovation
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2014, 11:59:35 am »
I'll be going thru this thread for help and inspiration as I tackle an XBOX powered bartop project shortly. Like yourself I'm going with a KADE for the controlls.
Years ago I purchased 3 "altered" XBOX consoles on the cheap. They were running
LINUX. If I recall correct they were configured with LINUX as a school project.
(That is what the guy told me anyway)
They were cheap so I bought them! I  had the chips flashed and installed XBMC and new larger hard drives @ my local "console chop shop."
When I bought them the guy included an adapter with a USB connection on the end. I never had a use for it til now. But I know this will work and easily allow me to use the KADE.
I have an extra RGB VGA adapter that I'll use in connection with a PC monitor.
I just need to find (buy) an extra XBOX component cable.
The only thing I need to solve is the audio and adding an external power button.
I'm looking forward to this.

Audio is easy just use a small kinter amp..

THE HD rgb cables for xbox have 2 rca cables for audio, plug these into the amp, and speaker wires to the speakers.  It runs off the xbox 12v.

These covers are really nice and cheap for 3" speakers.  Get them at 8-line supply.

The external power is easy to. Just wire a pushbutton to the power board.  There are 4 solder points on the back of the xboxes power switchboard.  Just solder to the 2 right points.  Shown at 8:25 in the video.

Just follow degenetrons tutorials, you'll see them on youtube. all of your questions will get answered.

If you want your power button to be lit up before you even turn the unit on, i can show you how to do that in case you want to add that feature too.

Jammin0's rig is off the chain, I love it, i've built a few xbox powered bartops as well, they are fun.

Good luck
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:35:17 pm by rablack97 »

mike boss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2014, 12:33:25 pm »
Thank you for the info & links.
I figure why not use an XBOX since I have six.
A couple out and connected (but never played) and 3 or so tucked away and covered in dust. I think my inventory of parts make an XBOX bartop a wise choice. Might need a few odds & ends (I will PM you with info)..... thank you

mike boss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2014, 12:56:12 pm »
Thanks again guys. Home sick today with a brutal stomach bug.
I found my RGB to VGA board (sweet!) and my XBOX to USB (sweet!)....now just need to dig out my KADE encoders. I found the HD wire on eBay and I can order the amp from eBay also (all on the cheap).

So again I think you for the steer in this direction.

Awesome thread, awesome project, awesome source of inspiration.

jammin0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2023, 08:15:17 pm
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2014, 01:56:20 pm »
I still have 4 xboxes in my closet that I have yet to come up with a use for.  I kind of went overboard when I figured out how to softmod, probably good because with the learning curve I probably don't really know how to do it any more and it has only been 6 months or so.  Make sure to come back and post when you start a thread on your build so I can follow it. :cheers: