Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Immersion USB arcade PCB wiring pinout and drivers  (Read 52435 times)

UncleToyBox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 21, 2017, 11:41:39 am
  • There's always something to improve.
Re: Immersion USB arcade PCB wiring pinout and drivers
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2017, 01:08:01 pm »
I paid $100 for the cabinet as is.
Having recently spent $200 on lumber to build a pinball cabinet, I figured it was a bargain just for the wood.
Adding in the adjustable seat, power supply, and electronics left in the dashboard, I feel like I got a pretty good deal.

Now the fun starts getting the wheel working with my game computer and then picking out which games to use with it.
I'm hoping I can get it to work with Windows based games like Spintires or Grid.

Will find out when I get the board from BadMouth next week.
Should probably post about this in a separate build thread if folks are interested to see how it works out.
The more things stay, the more they change the sane.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2017, 03:09:29 pm »
I paid $100 for the cabinet as is.
Having recently spent $200 on lumber to build a pinball cabinet, I figured it was a bargain just for the wood.
Adding in the adjustable seat, power supply, and electronics left in the dashboard, I feel like I got a pretty good deal.

Now the fun starts getting the wheel working with my game computer and then picking out which games to use with it.
I'm hoping I can get it to work with Windows based games like Spintires or Grid.

Will find out when I get the board from BadMouth next week.
Should probably post about this in a separate build thread if folks are interested to see how it works out.

Why don't you post a pic of it. I may have some parts that will fit it.

UncleToyBox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 21, 2017, 11:41:39 am
  • There's always something to improve.
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2017, 03:23:09 pm »
I've got a monitor ordered already (I love this happening so close to Black Friday).
Really, I'm just missing the wheel and the bottom view button. Other than that, I need the board from BadMouth to interface with the computer I'm installing the software on.

If you look closely at the side of the cabinet, you can see where I cut the top off to get it in the house.
The more things stay, the more they change the sane.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2017, 05:18:19 pm »
I can't help with the view button, but I did find one on ebay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cruisin-Arcade-view-3-button/253243272402?hash=item3af679acd2:g:5mwAAOSwcnpTmnLk

Looks like it doesn't have the button mechanism, but let me know if you decide to get it and I should have one I can send you.

I have several of those wheels, you can have one or all of them for free if you wanna pay shipping. Hopefully I have the front plate that covers the screws and the spacers that go underneath. I'm not sure I'll have to look when I get home.

I'll PM you what I have.

68hc11

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2019, 12:18:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2017, 10:40:14 pm »
Could someone send me some close up photos of the Immersion board?  I'm looking to populate an old one but it would be easier to copy the resistor layout rather than reverse engineer it.

Thanks!

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2017, 08:47:51 am »
Could someone send me some close up photos of the Immersion board?  I'm looking to populate an old one but it would be easier to copy the resistor layout rather than reverse engineer it.

Thanks!

I  have the "version 2" board

Hope that helps!
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2017, 09:33:42 pm »
so I started wiring mine up, wired up the 3 pots (steering , gas, brake) but Im having a myriad of issues without even wiring up the FFB part or additional buttons yet.

The gas is showing pressed like 3% but theres no calibration in the control panel to set it at zero so anytime Im in a menu to configure something, like the wheel, it automatically sets it to the gas because the gas is seen as pressed. I could just disconnect the gas pedal as I go through configs and do the gas last but I'd rather fix than band aid. Am I going to have to pull the pedals out and manually adjust the pot to zero?
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

68hc11

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2019, 12:18:47 pm
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2018, 10:25:30 pm »
Okay so I've returned to my project.  Had a Need For Speed with Immersion & Nytric board, since I can't figure out how to make the Nytric board work(read/write), I went the hardware avenue and said, "hmm, the second half of the analog signal is unpopulated, I wonder if I populate it if I can get the Immersion board to read Steering, gas & brake and then maybe the switch inputs too?".

Well I added a second LM324 and two resistors (R22 & R24) and found that I can read both analog inputs with the steering wheel via the Immersion driver.  Next up will be to explore the switch matrix which should be straight forward.  This should give hope to anyone that has a 2 part Immersion board (ver IPCB-6052 11/02 REV 6) hope that they can add more analog inputs.

I'm also curious why Global VR developed the Nytric board rather than using the full potential of the Immersion board?

A photo found here showed a fully poplulated Immersion board.  https://arcadecabblog.wordpress.com/author/jollywest/

tkeahi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 03, 2021, 05:39:33 am
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2021, 02:11:55 pm »
Does anybody know if the immersion board works on windows 10 64 bit?

I've been looking for one of these PCBs for months, they are pretty hard to find in 2021.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 02:14:16 pm by tkeahi »

reflexia

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2021, 02:40:12 am
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2021, 02:40:12 am »

I've been looking for one of these PCBs for months, they are pretty hard to find in 2021.

It does work with the latest 2009 driver for Windows 7 (linked in the top of this tread). However its pretty hit and miss with modern PC the games (Force Feedback either works or causes the game to crash if the usb plugged into the computer at all). We only got rFactor to work, but rFactor 2 crashes to desktop, Asseto just doesnt start the racing etc.

Unless you're locked to this particular board for what ever reason, its best to look at something else.

bimm25e

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:28:13 pm
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2021, 04:18:43 pm »

It does and it works GREAT in i-racing, and with boomslangz plugin, but the board is getting a little dated to work with new releases like GRID 2019.  I upgraded to a fanatec dd1 which now works great with new stuff but i lost my ability to do MAME or Model 2 emu.

bimm25e

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2022, 11:26:28 pm »
So I reread the manual... Is the manual insinuating these things can also run lightguns over USB on j4 and j5?

2huwman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 03:33:32 am
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2022, 03:32:03 am »
So I reread the manual... Is the manual insinuating these things can also run lightguns over USB on j4 and j5?

Yes it sounds like it to me (from the manual):

2.4.2. Digital Encoders
Alternatively, or additionally, up to two optical encoders can be used for position input. The encoder
connectors are J4 (X, or primary) and J5 (Y or secondary). The five pin headers provide pins for power
and ground, so the encoders can be wired up individually. The pinouts are shown in the following table:
Pin Signal
1 Ground
2 Not used
3 Channel A
4 Power
5 Channel B

I've got one of these somewhere and some spare arcade light guns so can give it a try.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2022, 06:43:35 am »

It's for optical encoders, not light guns.

Optical encoders like the ones used on trackballs were often used on racing cabs because they are off the shelf parts and don't wear out like potentiometers.  Games like Pole Position where the wheel can spin endlessly use an optical encoder.  A few games used them for the pedals as well.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 09:05:51 am by BadMouth »

bimm25e

• Offline Offline
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2022, 01:57:22 pm »
Awesome to know!  Thank you!

Blackknight2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2023, 01:54:37 am
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2023, 02:16:38 am »
Hello Everyone,

Reviving this thread from the dead. A few years ago I purchased a Glodal VR NASCAR arcade cabinet - really like the way the shifter is in a more natural position. When I purchased it the game wasn't working but that wasn't an issue as I wanted to convert this to a multicade Racer. Originally I was planning on taking out the controls and dropping in either a Thrustmaster or Fanatec setup but since the original game uses a Windows based PC I started thinking that there must be a way to get the existing controls to work - so I stumbled onto this thread and I am hoping you guys can help me.

So the NASCAR game appears to use two separate boards to interface the controls to the PC. Here is the image of the first board.

Here is the image of the second board.

I installed the Immersion drivers and got the wheel to work however the second board is being recognized as a seperate game controller and the pedals, shifter and buttons don't function properly - somehow they seem to all be tied so the pedal axis (if that makes sense). The board is called GVRIOMini and I haven't found the actual drivers (this might be the issue).

Here is an image of how my PC is reading the second board.

While reading this thread it seemed that the fist board should be able to handle all the functions (wheel, pedals, shifter and buttons) on it's own so I am not sure why this cabinet uses the two boards. If the first PCB can handle all the controls then I would need to know what pin controls what function.

Hopefully I understand this enough to be making sense above.

Here is a picture of the cabinet.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 01:03:06 pm by Blackknight2000 »

Blackknight2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2023, 01:54:37 am
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2023, 01:10:11 pm »
Here's my setup with the new board plugged in...

Conbra64 - it looks like you were able to use the version 2 board to control all the functions of your cabinet - do you have something that explains the pinouts for the board. The cabinet I have has the 4 gear gated shifter - each of the spots is considered a button.

Thanks!