Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2 new builds of old machines . Confused  (Read 2260 times)

G1zm0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2020, 06:57:58 am
  • cute by day, devil by night
2 new builds of old machines . Confused
« on: May 10, 2019, 05:12:13 pm »
I have 2 machines in my garage . One is a kick4 cash (has error in hopper), the other a konami pool fortunes

Both are gambling machines .

The pool one I have taken out the ps2 from within it.
And taken off the pool control panel.

I need to cut this down so I can make it in to a size I can install a new made control panel ( 2 player 6 button with trackball and spinner)

This machine has a large 24inch marquee  area that I am going to install a monitor so it can be a dynamic  marquee.

The bezel  has graphics on it I need to try get off ( dontknow what to use its plastic).

I am going to use atom15 on a gfx card that supports it. .
Other things I need are led buttons and 2 good joystick (saw some packs on Ebay ,dont know.if any good).

I'm going to maby use lunchbox as the emu as that does dual monitor  for using the marquee.(arcade only)  But want to split it into 2 . One for game marquee  and the othe for controls or something. Also.going to use led blinky.

The other build is a kick for cash machine. Cant get the naomi past the hopper error. So going to take the insides out a d make it a 1 player using a pi . The monitor is a pentatonic 19" so its VGA. 
Might get the board from Ebay that allows 15k games to display on it from the pi.
For controls I.will.use a ultimarc  uhid  .

Both machines will have the coin mechanism  removed as they  are fruit machine machine  ones that wouldn't work on mame.
I will keep the  coin acceptor  face plate on them for decorative  purposes. 

Hopefully  start this build this week and get parts ordered.

What do you guys think are the  best parts to get . Anything I'm missing . Was thinking many a jpac.

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
Re: 2 new builds of old machines . Confused
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 06:17:27 pm »
jpac

G1zm0

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2020, 06:57:58 am
  • cute by day, devil by night
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 10:03:13 am »
Is there much difference between  jpac 1 and 2

rkade_retrorestorer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2022, 05:19:38 pm
  • I try to restore original arcade games!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 08:00:41 pm »
Hey all  :)

I'm new here, just stumbled into this forum while searching online for solutions to the dreaded RTC error in most Konami games (when the M48T58Y_timekeeper chip battery dies) - the game then won't run, because the RAM security code is lost.

It has to be programmed again with a working code, MAME doesn't have anything for Pool Pocket Fortunes, this huge cabinet arcade game I just bought that did work, but now has the RTC error!!

BUT............
:o
Do you still have anything left from your pool game in this thread!!!??

I desperately either need a complete working system unit, OR just the main JAMMA board to get the code from the M48T58Y chip (if the Timekeeper is still ok and the battery hasn't failed) to dump into a new replacement M48T58Y using a GX 4x4 universal programmer, but nobody has anything working and so mostly scrap these games!

Apparently the internal system units are all code-matched so just swapping some stuff over won't work, everything needs to migrate including the HDD.

HELP!
Hopefully you haven't binned any Pool Pocket fortunes bits yet????

I'm trying to restore this arcade game.
Everything works apart from the game loading, and it even has a new cue!