Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: [SOLVED - basically] I need some help with a laptop touchpad. Not game related.  (Read 4129 times)

Louis Tully

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2015, 09:41:03 pm
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:55:35 pm by Louis Tully »

ed12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
first welcome aboard
second your thread is fine
just hang tight a more refined linux person will come in and drop u the .bash u need
i ran into the exact problem when i first loaded ub
but was lucky enough to lacth on to a linux fourm

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

sairuk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 25, 2019, 02:24:17 am
    • mameau
Not having used this script before I will be running blind here. I will try to spell out what steps I would go through based on the information available and hope that addresses your needs.

Open Terminal from the Xubuntu Applications Menu>Accessories>Terminal

From what I can see the id you are after is 13, with that in mind you would execute. (# is a prompt in the terminal)
Code: [Select]
# chmod a+x enable-rightbutton.sh
# ./enable-rightbutton.sh 13

If it needs to be run an Xorg startup you should be able to place a call to execute the script in an .xprofile file located in your home directory

Create the ~/.xprofile file
# touch ~/.xprofile
# gedit ~/.xprofile

Add the following line to the .xprofile file and save it
/<absolute path to file>/enable-rightbutton.sh 13
I use this .xprofile trick to set my resolutions through xrandr, control volumes/muting of devices, etc at xorg startup.

Not come across this issue myself, so i'm working on the assumption that you were after how best to implement the script.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus

Louis Tully

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2015, 09:41:03 pm
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:57:33 pm by Louis Tully »

sairuk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 25, 2019, 02:24:17 am
    • mameau
All good mate, glad you are enjoying linux. I'd forgotten about crunchbag, will grab that for the wifes netbook.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus