Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Megatouch Force 2003  (Read 5368 times)

geoffers2013

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2014, 09:02:00 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Megatouch Force 2003
« on: October 08, 2013, 04:13:21 am »
Hi All,

firstly, this is my first ever post on Arcade Controls, so please be gentle!!

I recently purchased in the UK, 2 x Megatouch Force 2003.  Both have issues with the motherboard, that I intend to address when time allows.

In the meantime, I am converting one of the machines to a multi-game PC based device (I am using Gamex, with a number of emulated pub quiz machines.

I just have a couple of questions.

1).  The touch screen.  I have finally found the power cable to this (it is the black FORCE controller box), and connected this to the Floppy drive power connector on my PC power supply, should this be OK to power it?

2).  The speakers... I can't seem to find a 3.5 jack off of these on the wire loom, do they connect direct to a mother board?

Many many thanks in advance to those who help and comment.. I have a number of projects on the go, and hope to become a useful contributor to the forum.

Cheers.

smartbomb2084

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 03:14:53 pm
  • Having a SMART phone will make you DUMB.
Re: Megatouch Force 2003
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 07:31:08 am »
WELCOME... :cheers:

Answer to Question #1...YES... the floppy connector powers the touchscreen/controller

Answer to Question #2... If this game is a RADION (CRT Monitor ) then the 3.5mm audio cable goes from the green motherboard sound port to a small amplifier board that is mounted in the cashbox tray area...If an EVO or ELITE EDGE (LCD monitor) then the same audio cable goes from the green motherboard port to the upside down mounted I/O board....

geoffers2013

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 08:11:56 am »
Hi Smartbomb,

many thanks for the warm welcome, and for not passing my newbie question by.

Yes, this is a CRT cab (the one where you have to undo the wing nuts to take the front bezel off).

That is great, I have downloaded what appear to be the drivers for the screen controller.  Now I know I am giving it power, I will try and install these tonight and report back.

Ahhh re the sound, yes, I have completely removed the motherboard, as sticking the PC in there.. couldn't seem to find the  AMP, I presume it has a 3.5M Jack for input?  I will have a look tonight again (I did try to trace the speak wires back).

Cheers again and I will report back in the morning!

smartbomb2084

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 08:03:45 pm »
Is this game an Upright or a Countertop?

The amp is likely on the I/O board unless it is a RADION...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:24:53 pm by smartbomb2084 »

geoffers2013

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 04:25:34 am »
Hello again!

thank you SmartBomb for the power to screen controller help.  I now have the PC in the cab, the power going to the controller, the drivers installed and my games running!! (see attached pic).

As you can see, the cab is a full standing unit, not a counter-top.

I managed to trace the cables from the speakers, and they seem to terminate in plug, rather than a 3.5M jack......(again see attached).

I really want to get this cab in a useful place as a multi touch screen machine... Items left on my list are:

1).  Get hold of a back light tube (the F6T5CW seems near impossible to source in the UK!).
2).  Get the speakers up and running.
3).  Jumper my Dell motherboard so that when I flick the powerswitch to the cab, it starts the PC up inside also (mmm will do a lil search on the place on the motherboard needed to find).

So close but sooo far!

Cheers.

smartbomb2084

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 07:36:59 am »
You will have to source your own amplifier then or buy a set of powered desktop computer speakers if the game is missing its original I/O board.... :cheers:

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:47:27 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 10:24:34 am »
you should have an option in the BIOS that you can set the computer to power up on ac loss. if not, take a "100uf 16 volt" capacitor and attach it across the 2 wires for the power switch...be sure to measure with a volt meter and hook the positive and negative to the right sides of the switch. this should cause the computer to come on because the capacitor acts like a dead short when it's discharged but act open when charged (so the computer doesn't shut back off again)

for your light, if you can't source a tube, i'd say just go buy yourself one of those under cabinet flouros and pop it in there. be sure to get one with a tube size you CAN source locally easily.

geoffers2013

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 06:01:39 am »
Gents,

many thanks for both your help.

I now have the beast up and running.

Re the amp, I looked at the Chassis on the motherboard I pulled out, and found the amp screwed onto the rear of it at the top.  I unscrewed it, cleaned it up some and bingo!! I now have it working!!!

Re the PC auto power up, followed the advice, set the BIOS and wooohooo, it powers up when the switch is thrown on the cab! 

Many many thanks to both of you for the advice!

I now have some of the fluorescent tubes on order (but in the future may go with fitting a cold cathode running off the PC, as this is cheaper than sourcing them tubes here in the UK).

I will post more pics over the next day or so.  I am also posting a vid to my You Tube chanell, and will be sure to give you both a worthy shout on there!!!

When this is done, my next task is to look at the two boards I have (one from this MT Force 2003, the other from a MT Force 2002, and see if I can get them running again).

Cheers.

geoffers2013

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 05:39:07 am »
Dear all,

just an update.

Many thanks all of your for your help, the beast now lives!

I have it running approximately 150 images of touch screen pub games, with Gamex as a front end... pics and a link to Youtube vid to follow.

In the meantime, if anyone would like the config file for Gamex, or details on the images and how to set them up, please PM me.

Thanks again for all the help... next is conversion 2!

Sarver Systems

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2020, 12:46:05 am
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 12:11:39 pm »
you should have an option in the BIOS that you can set the computer to power up on ac loss. if not, take a "100uf 16 volt" capacitor and attach it across the 2 wires for the power switch...be sure to measure with a volt meter and hook the positive and negative to the right sides of the switch. this should cause the computer to come on because the capacitor acts like a dead short when it's discharged but act open when charged (so the computer doesn't shut back off again)

Can you go into a little more detail on this? For example, a little picture or something? I can see how this could come in VERY handy for all sorts of cabinets, not just touch screens.