Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: custom LED animated control box for home theater  (Read 5089 times)

Houskar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2014, 10:31:37 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
custom LED animated control box for home theater
« on: February 25, 2014, 11:21:50 am »
First time here so sorry if in wrong thread.

I am making a custom Home Theater control interface to control curtains, screen, whatever.  I am using arcade interfaces due to the large availability of USB interfaced components and control ware. 

I am currently using the UltiMarc I-Pac2 and PacLED64 boards to act as hardware interface for my custome made Momentary RGB LED switches.  So far everything electronically interfaces great, the switches work, the RGB LED's light.  The problem is in trying to get the LED driver software to recognize a simple keyboard button press.  I am trying to use LedBlinky with NO success.  I can control the LED's with animations directly using the Animator Editor, but I am attempting to use the Command Line control (since the program doesn't recognize keyboard strokes) and that is not working.  I am still trying to work with the developer at LedBlinky to resolve this, but this is rapidly turning into a head banging session.  He is very helpful, it is just that there has to be an easier way.  I was directed to AutoHotKey to make simple run command scripts - that works great.  The AHK sees the keyboard button press, such as an "A" keycode, and converts the button press to a mini script to run some task.  Problem is getting the other software to do something with it.

By end goal is to have a button press, from the keyboard emulator card, activate two things - (1) an short RGB led flash animation, (2) activate a simple contact to close a remote controller button press.  I have found I can hack the different "simple" remotes for the automatic curtain and screen motors and if I use a relay or transistor, make the buttons press appropriately without the mess of figuring out all of their command codes. 

So my major problem is the LED driving software. 

Any ideas? :banghead:

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Re: custom LED animated control box for home theater
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 02:57:44 pm »
I sent you a PM, did you get it?