Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Digital Printing and Cut Graphics  (Read 81343 times)

Lucian045

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2023, 02:01:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Digital Printing and Cut Graphics
« on: October 02, 2013, 08:09:23 am »
Hey all.  I have a sticky on the Hyperspin forums.  I am doing printing of graphics for arcade and pinball machines at a reasonable price.  My thread is located here for arcade graphics http://hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/507-decals-and-printing-for-your-hyperspin-cabinet/...and]http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?14155-Decals-and-Printing-for-your-HyperSpin-Cabinet...and http://hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/505-decals-and-printing-for-your-hyperpin-cabinet/  I have done many peoples cabinets and offer some low prices for the community.  My information is located in the threads along with references from other people about the material I use and the quality.  Send me an e-mail if you are interested and I will give you a quote. 

Here are two links to my personal machines I built:  http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/601-video-man-hyperspin/  http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/473-the-pin-reaper-423219-widebody/

Thanks everyone and hopefully I can help anyone out with some graphics.

Brad (Lucian045)

bjbowman045@gmail.com
Best to email if you are looking for a quote, don't always check this thread.  Thanks everyone.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 09:01:29 pm by Lucian045 »

macattack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2018, 05:35:16 pm
  • Cabinet builder to the stars!
Digital Printing and Cut Graphics
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 08:19:54 am »
About time you got over here ;)

Top man is Brad. He does all my printing.

Flawless job.

WWW.Xtremepinball.com
Pm me for custom cnc needs...

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: Digital Printing and Cut Graphics
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 10:34:16 am »
Welcome, my friend! Looking forward to working with you!
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 10:49:02 am »
Thanks Guys...been on the list of things to do.  Been so busy with work and managing Hyperspin I completely forgot about this site! lol  Would like to get this stickied but I understand if I need some more references from people on the forum.

ebarlow99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 12:18:36 pm »
+1

About time you got over here ;)

Top man is Brad. He does all my printing.

Flawless job.

WWW.Xtremepinball.com

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 10:24:00 pm »
Had a few people contact me.  For those looking for graphics please e-mail me.  I have 3 sites I'm running around on so e-mail is easier for me and faster for you.  Hopefully we can get this thread updated with some pictures of peoples cabinets.  Thanks.

Bambam1963

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2024, 11:46:07 pm
  • I love this stuff man!-
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 08:14:08 am »
Hey all.  I have a sticky on the Hyperspin forums.  I am doing printing of graphics for arcade and pinball machines at a reasonable price.  My thread is located here for arcade graphics http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?14155-Decals-and-Printing-for-your-HyperSpin-Cabinet...and here for Pinball http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?14150-Decals-and-Printing-for-your-Hyperpin-Cabinet.

I have done many peoples cabinets and offer some low prices for the community.  My information is located in the threads along with references from other people about the material I use and the quality.  Send me an e-mail if you are interested and I will give you a quote. 

Here are two links to my personal machines I built:  http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?13088-The-Pin-Reaper-42-quot-32-quot-19-quot-Widebody]http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?16883-Video-Man-Hyperspin...http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?13088-The-Pin-Reaper-42-quot-32-quot-19-quot-Widebody[/url]

Thanks everyone and hopefully I can help anyone out with some graphics.

Brad (Lucian045)

Brad was an absolute pleasure to deal with and had a super quick turnaround. I was extremely happy with the work he had done for my CP, Marquee and side art.
Highly recommended.
John (BamBam1963)
I am an oldie, who used to troll here years ago.  Now I am back to tweak my machine and help a friend build his.

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 10:44:11 am »
Doing a bump to let people know about my services.  Thanks to everyone who has ordered from me and the recommendations from some of you on this site.  Happy New Year everyone!

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 01:50:21 am »
Oh man, where do I begin?

If you need any side art printed, don't hesitate to contact Lucian045 (Brad). His stuff is QUALITY!!!

I did an initial inquiry, and he got back to me within a day. We went to email by his request for the rest of the transaction, which worked well. I sent him some ideas, he sent me a proof. I changed some stuff up, and he was great about sending me a revised quote.

Now, I have access to a friend who can pretty much do the same thing for free, but I went with Lucian045 because of his rep on Hyperspin and because I really wanted my art to pop (my buddy's vinyl is more for general stickers, whereas Brad's is more durable, commercial vinyl.

He sent me a very reasonable quote for 4 pieces of art for my Macross project (with shipping included). Two regular 18x24 side art pieces, plus 2 "lower" side art pieces that were going to be a little more of a challenge because they needed to be specially die cut. I explained what I wanted, he told me no problem, and I pulled the trigger this Monday morning, paying via Paypal. He gave me updates on the process, and by Wednesday, I had a tracking number, and by today (Friday) I had art in hand. I was extremely impressed with the speed.

The art came in a rolled tube, sides taped and packaged securely. He threw in a felt-edged application squeegee, which was a godsend. I was immediately impressed by the quality of the vinyl. It felt thick, not cheap, not flimsy. The die cut pieces came with premask that I needed to put on, and the side art wasn't masked. I used painters tape to hang the side art where I wanted it, then peeled back a little from the top, slowly working my way down using the squeegee. The felt did a good job of securing the vinyl. The quality of the vinyl allowed me to press out any air bubble immediately. I went slowly, and the whole piece went on with NO ISSUE, NO BUBBLES, NO LIFTING. The same thing happened with the other side. Beautiful, man.

The same thing with the die cut bottoms. I applied the mask to one side, hung it where I wanted, then pressed it on to the cab with no issues. It looks awesome. See my Macross thread for more photos.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.0.html

Thanks, Brad! You're the best!

mattgold

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2016, 12:28:05 pm
  • Tinker 'till it's right...
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 09:14:48 pm »
Brad comes through again!  This stuff is TOP NOTCH.  Great quality, super easy to work with and durable as all get out.  Not to mention Brad is a true arcade/pinball fanatic - and a stand up guy!

Thread over here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,139460.0.html

mike boss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 03:08:45 pm »
Do you ship to Canada ?
I'll be needing to get my Punch-Out bartop stuff printed (bezel, CPO, marquee, side art x 2).
The bezel and sideart would need to be die cut.

If the price is good I'd like to add some Final Fight artwork as well as Bad Dudes.
Get all my cabinets done @ the one time.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 03:15:08 pm »
So what do you charge for a marquee?

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 06:12:07 pm »
Do you ship to Canada ?
I'll be needing to get my Punch-Out bartop stuff printed (bezel, CPO, marquee, side art x 2).
The bezel and sideart would need to be die cut.

If the price is good I'd like to add some Final Fight artwork as well as Bad Dudes.
Get all my cabinets done @ the one time.

I can ship to Canada NP.  Shoot me an email with the dimensions and I'll give you a cost bjbowman045@gmail.com

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 06:14:41 pm »
So what do you charge for a marquee?

Marquees general run around $25-$35 depending on the size.  They are printed on translucent film which needs to be applied directly to the plexi.

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 10:28:01 pm »
Been getting a lot of PMs from people...please use this email bjbowman045@gmail.com to contact me about pricing.  Using the PM gets confusing to keep track of.  Sending the size of your artwork will get you a quote much faster and your shipping area.  Thanks.

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 03:09:15 am »
All I can say is: Wow.

I've dealt with a lot of printing companies in my time and Brad's service and experience trumps them all. Seriously, a guy with this many years experience in the industry, AND an arcade builder himself, that's a win.

He was always there to answer my questions, and address my concerns. He Knows his stuff and has a great customer service ethic. Most importantly: I'm picky as hell, and he patiently put up with that. I will continue to do any and all work I need printed through Brad.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:29:24 pm by ChanceKJ »

ViriiGuy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 08, 2020, 12:30:46 pm
  • Terminus clone build in progress.
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 08:20:08 am »
Here is yet another example of Brad's AMAZING work.
I hired a Transformers Comic Book artist to design my art work and Brad to print it for me. It has been on my VPin for over a year now and still looks like the day I put it on!

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 08:28:06 pm »
Hey everyone.  Thread has not been updated in a while.  Still printing and taking orders.  Thanks to everyone who has ordered from me.  Let me know if you need something and if you have ordered from me, please post some pics in the thread.

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 12:36:16 am »
Almost done my build, Thought i'd give the thread a little bump with a new picture of the artwork in place.   The polycarb laminate on the control panel is holding up like a boss! Also looks wickedly authentic. So very happy I used Brad for the art!

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 08:18:18 pm »
Awesome Job Chance...great build.  Thanks for sharing.

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2023, 01:32:56 pm
  • No. It's your top score on Pole Position.
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 08:10:14 am »
I have been working with Brad over the past two weeks for my FFJR cab and he has far surpassed a high quality of customer service.  I received my artwork yesterday.  The artwork was packaged very well.  One color was slightly off on the CP and Monitor Bezel and Brad is working with me to correct it.  I would highly recommend using Brad. 

ghetoprobe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2017, 01:00:42 pm
  • SENSES FAIL
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 09:16:31 am »
Brad offers a top-notch service to cab-builders.  He's an asset to our community and his product is second to none.  Deal with confidence! 

Thank you, Brad!  As promised, here are some pics of the "final product" :

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 07:24:06 pm »
Damn sexy ghetoprobe!  Awesome build...I want one now, or another pinball machine...or both...wish I had more room in the house lol

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 11:10:32 am »
can I wrap the vinyl around the cabinet and install t-molding? something like this?

have you printed anything for weecade widescreen? I need 2 sets. both sidearts, control panel top and front, marquee(translucent material).

let me know how much it will cost me. an estimate will do so. if you dont have the weecade dimensions, I can get them for you.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:15:30 am by SNAAKE »

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2015, 11:19:25 am »
You still need to trim the vinyl graphic where the t-molding meets so I am not sure I fully understand your question.  There would be no need to wrap the graphic over the t-molding area as you will need to cut it at the t-molding groove.  I suppose you could wrap the vinyl around to the groove area and then install the t-molding if you didn't want to trim the graphic at all.

SNAAKE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 11:54:51 am »
I dont wanna trim, I prefer the tmolding wrapping around the artwork like the picture I posted. your material is "flexible" correct?? let me know how much it will cost.

SNAAKE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 05:04:33 am »
got your PM, will get back to you with the dimensions.

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 04:10:29 pm »
Fastest and best way to get ahold of me is to email bjbowman045@gmail.com with the quantity of what you need and your dimensions.  I need to keep all information in my email as doing business thru PM's is too difficult.  I am on multiple forums and it gets way too confusing.  SNAAKE, you have been PM and please send your info to my email address.  Thanks everyone!  If you have gotten some artwork thru me from this site please post in this thread and share your builds!

fmzip

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 04, 2018, 11:14:15 am
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 03:54:15 pm »
Just picked up my Artwork from Brad, can't wait to get my pedestal together!

Gotta say, this guy goes the extra mile, more than willing to take the time to actually talk with you on the phone about your needs.

Thanks Brad for the quick turn around time as well!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:25:09 pm by fmzip »

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2015, 08:51:48 am »
Just picked up my Artwork from Brad, can't wait to get my pedestal together!

Gotta say, this guy goes the extra mile, more than willing to take the time to actually talk with you on the phone about your needs.

Thanks Brad for the quick turn around time as well!

NP!  Thanks for posting...looking forward to the final build.

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 09:07:40 am »
Still rockin' graphics people.  Thanks for all the orders so far. I'm always lurking around this thread but I don't always post.  If you need something send me an email.  Happy building!

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 10:21:25 am »
Still rockin' graphics people.  Thanks for all the orders so far. I'm always lurking around this thread but I don't always post.  If you need something send me an email.  Happy building!
I recommended you to the ZapCon organizers when they were looking for someone to print their Space Paranoids artwork. I saw it at the show, it looks great as always!

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 06:06:22 pm »
I recommended you to the ZapCon organizers when they were looking for someone to print their Space Paranoids artwork. I saw it at the show, it looks great as always!

Much appreciated Yotsuya!  Thanks.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2015, 06:11:04 pm »

Much appreciated Yotsuya!  Thanks.

No problem. That machine was voted one of the fan favorites, so your quality artwork as been featured on the last two winners!  :cheers:

Vidiot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 10:00:17 am
  • John 3:16
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 01:44:36 pm »
Thank you Brad for the excellent quality artwork for my Dream Machine!

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2015, 07:03:15 am »
Just updating the thread and letting everyone know I'm still here.  Thanks for all the orders so far and please post pics in the thread.

vwalbridge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2021, 12:21:09 pm
  • Don't half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing.
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2015, 10:40:52 am »
Brad does excellent prints. Highly reccomend him for your printing. Here is some artwork he printed for my projects.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:40:09 pm by vwalbridge »
If you can read this, it means Photobucket's money grab ruined my signature photos.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 09:45:32 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146268.0.html
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2015, 02:05:33 pm »
I had Brad print my artwork for my first cab after getting several references to him from members who posted in my build thread and glad I did!
Great customer service and quick to answer questions. The vinyl arrived quick and well packaged in a very thick durable tube.
The vinyl is very high quality and was very easy to work. Stuck down great and the quality is awesome!
I will use Brad for any future projects!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:07:18 pm by deezdrama »

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2015, 02:40:59 pm »
Total rush seeing the art on the cab instead of in a render, huh?

Lucian045

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2015, 01:45:32 pm »
Hey Everyone...working on Reverse printed Marquees and Bezels.  Still ironing out the technique but figured I would share some pics.  Once I get this process worked out I would be interested to know if there is a desire for reverse printed artwork done this way.  Let me know what you think.