Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bit of an odd thought/idea.  (Read 3214 times)

NightSprinter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2018, 08:59:56 pm
Bit of an odd thought/idea.
« on: September 30, 2013, 12:30:37 pm »
This might seem like a somewhat dumb idea, but with the fact that there's an enhanced version of DOSbox that can be built to support GLIDE-accelerated games.. how feasible of an idea would it be to add a Voodoo2 card just for running those while allowing everything else to run off the Radeon 6670 (especially MAME via Calamity's and Ansa89's patches)?  I know that anything for Windows that uses GLIDE would probably need a wrapper lik nGlide or similar.
It doesn't matter how bad things are, it'll work out in the end.

General_Faliure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2022, 07:30:40 am
    • My Arcade Cab
Re: Bit of an odd thought/idea.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 11:21:12 am »
Dosbox emulates glide, (voodoo 1)it doesn't need a voodoo card for that, at least that's what i make of it.
I don't think dosbox supports Voodoo 2.
Maybe it is better to set up a dedicated retro pc for that.
I am setting up a pentium 3 pc for that, with a Ati 9600 and a voodoo 2 (that is if i ever find the time).
My Arcade cab: https://goo.gl/photos/yE1KACHryQjCaaCj7
Core2 duo8400 @3.6 Ghz, 4Gb of mem, Geforce 9500.
Linux Mint 17.3 XFCE, Mame, Mess, Daphne FS-Uae, Mednafen and some more.
Mah!cade