Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

Questions About JVL Orion

(1/2) > >>

Brian74:
So I got a Orion from my local operator. It had a piece of tape on it that said junk, so I got it for free  :cheers: Needless to say, after tinkering with it, I got it to work. So I have two questions, how to I get into the setup screen? There is a button behind the cash door and another one in the door behind the marquee. I have tried both, with no joy. My second questions is, what version of itouch can I upgrade too? It has itouch 7 in it now. Thanks for the help!

lilshawn:
if your key is itouch 7, then 7 is all you can load. with a new key, you can get itouch 11 as the last one.

be aware, to run it (itouch 11) you have to upgrade the processor and ram to make it run proper. (i believe it was you needed at least an 800mhz processor and 128mb ram.) I have some notes someplace and i'll confirm it. The original processors are Cyrix CIII 650mhz... IIRC.

just cruise ebay for a new procesor.

Brian74:
Thanks for chiming in. I still cant get into the setup. I wanna change it to free play.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

lilshawn:

--- Quote from: Brian74 on September 30, 2013, 10:31:22 am ---Thanks for chiming in. I still cant get into the setup. I wanna change it to free play.

--- End quote ---

try pressing and holding the setup button while it boots, (quite a while) it should come up with a screen to do a restoration. give that a try and see if the button works after it boots.

if not, you may need to re-install. sometimes the installations get glitchy and all kinds of things go wrong.

also check the battery voltage on the IO board...a low or dying battery can cause all kinds of issues.

Brian74:
So I found the rest button, here is a pic of the setup screen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version