Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: BXTLC: Trackball Light Controller  (Read 3746 times)

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
BXTLC: Trackball Light Controller
« on: July 13, 2013, 02:39:01 pm »
The BXTLC module provides an attractive and interactive lighting effect to any standard trackball that has a translucent ball.
The BXTLC module is supplied with your choice of one of 5 colors

The website for this product is here. I had to send an email to request my order and send payment. I had a few questions. I was more than surprised to receive a response a few hours later. Service was above and beyond what I expected for having such a generic website that looked outdated and forgotten.

I have a happ trackball. Installing the board was easy. I unplugged the harness from the opic board which is not the one labeled "monitor (arrow)". I plugged the BXTLC board into the opic board, and then plugged the harness into the BXTLC board.

I choose to have a green led to match my green transparent trackball. To install the led, I removed the 6 screws holding the case together. I removed the trackball. On the bottom of the case, you will notice a large round hole. I took the small square piece of aluminum supplied and placed it directly under this hole. I then used a hot glue gun and put a bead of hot glue around the circle, joining the aluminum to the case. Hot glue can be reheated and moved around. It can be completely removed by using isopropyl alcohol. Perfect in case you ever need to remove/replace the led.

I then ran the led wiring through the hole in the case near the "monitor (arrow)" and plugged it into the BXTLC board. Have the led board sit in the hole, on top of the aluminum you just attached to the case. Tuck the wires under the little tab near the round hole in the bottom case. Hot glue the board to the aluminum.

It is very important that the board sits flat on the aluminum without hot glue under it. The hot glue must only be on top of the board. The led sits so close to the trackball, that if it is a hair higher, it will scratch your trackball. My brand new $40 trackball has a bunch of tiny scratches now because I did not know this.

Install the trackball and attach the 6 screws again. Do not over torque them or they will strip. Be sure the optic boards are in case grooves properly.

This is a great product and I am very happy with it. It draws power from the trackball, and is cheap. I did not have to buy a separate led control board just to light my trackball. Amazing product. It looks like a stock unit.

darkSSide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 08:19:48 pm
  • I want to make my own money!
Re: BXTLC: Trackball Light Controller
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 05:08:31 pm »
I have this also and got to say it is an excellent product,especially if you don't want or have an led controller. I just love how the led light pulsates when just sitting there.

Sent from my Atari 2600