Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Demul .58 Driving Controls  (Read 5545 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
Demul .58 Driving Controls
« on: September 26, 2013, 12:57:59 pm »
Was messing with Demul .58 on the new setup and made a spreadsheet of how each game's controls correspond to the labels in the controller config screen.  This will make it into a tutorial or the driving cab info thread eventually, but I wanted to go ahead and share it in case anyone had trouble getting a handle on them.  This is useless for earlier Demul builds

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq37CSO6oe1fdDNFWlp6X2tGaE91djN6RDlMVDFBOUE&usp=sharing

Haven't tackled how to handle conflicting inputs yet.  I'll probably use autohotkey and the iniwrite command to change the mappings before launching the game.

18Wheeler and Initial D won't run worth crap on my system, but I added them anyway.

FYI
Pedals must be marked combined.
If you have a Logitech G27, the input that keeps registering while trying to map other stuff is the clutch pedal.  If you hold it the perfect point, it will stop registering, but it's not really practical.  Just start holding the button you want to map down before you press enter to map it.  It might take a few tries, but it is possible.

Also, I'm getting the "Failed to create effect" directx error before the game starts.  Anyone find a solution for that yet?
On my previous cab, I disabled that sound in windows and had an autohotkey script put up a splash image and press enter to skip the error.
I forgot it was there.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:00:03 pm by BadMouth »

Brian74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
Re: Demul .58 Driving Controls
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 09:59:59 am »
Thanks for the the effort Badmouth  :applaud: I know I had problems before trying to setup .57. This will come in really handy when I setup the twins  :woot

TacticalChaos

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 02:36:46 am
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 11:00:53 am »
Always get the "Failed to create effect".

What I'm concerned with is the steering turning in the opposite direction if I turn the wheel too far.  Too far being always less degrees than what the wheel is set for (So it does it before you come to any wheel stops).

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 11:08:07 am »
Always get the "Failed to create effect".

What I'm concerned with is the steering turning in the opposite direction if I turn the wheel too far.  Too far being always less degrees than what the wheel is set for (So it does it before you come to any wheel stops).

What wheel are you using?

I've never experienced that, but only had a 270 degree Logitech Momo attached before. 
I currently have a G27 hooked up, so I'll test and see if I can replicate.

Did you calibrate it in the service menu of the game?
(I 'm not sure if I did or if it's even possible)

TacticalChaos

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 02:36:46 am
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 11:34:48 am »
Driving Force GT.
Come to think of it I do have a Momo lying around I got for $5 without pedals or ac adapter. The GT's plugs right into it. I'm keeping it for "that day" when I can hack it into a cab.

"Did you calibrate it in the service menu of the game?"
I have no idea. I'd have to check.