Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wierd TV output problem!  (Read 954 times)

daz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2019, 01:04:55 pm
  • My cab is almost done!
    • WIP
Wierd TV output problem!
« on: November 18, 2003, 06:41:59 pm »
Hey All,
Here is a question that is driving me crazy! MY cab is almost finished and I finally pieced together a decent dedicated pc for the cab. Here is the problem though.  

I have been using my desktop pc for the testing (p4, geforce4mx) and never had a problem w/ the tv out other than once in a while the screen will start to scroll a little bit (which was a known issue with the tv) That only happens once in a while though. The pc that I built for dedicated use is a pieced together celeron 566 with a 16 mb tnt card running win98. On my p4 I can see output on the tv as soon as the pc starts including splash screens. On the win98 pc you have to switch over to tv output and when you do that, nothing happens and pc locks up.  I thought maybe it was just the card; but when I brought it inside and connected it to my sony 27" amazingly it came right  up. What is going on? ??? By the way; this is through composite cable.

Thanks,
Jesse

PacManFan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2005, 12:18:56 pm
    • Kymaera Home Page
Re:Wierd TV output problem!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 01:40:34 pm »
On the win98, Do you have another monitor hooked up as well? If you have just the tv plugged into the composite out, it should enable tv out while the computer boots.

-PMF
All Hail Smezznar! The Giant purple centipede of Omnicron 5. Regail him with your odiferous offerings of onion powder!