Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MorArcade: New Maximus Arcade Skin/Theme  (Read 28659 times)

SamArcade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2013, 04:54:37 am
MorArcade: New Maximus Arcade Skin/Theme
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:23:21 pm »
Hi to everybody!

After several days searching for 'material' (images, icons, pics, etc) and many hours of processing/composing/resizing/realocating (through Gimp and Theme Editor), I have created a new Maximus Arcade Skin/Theme. :)

I have named it MorArcade (the name of my arcade cabinet and which is related to me :D).

It is a mixture which uses Maximus Arcadius as base and takes some elements from other famous skins such as: Ultra Arcade (by DeLuSioNaL29), Maximus Powers (by Trennel), Maximus Serjimbus (by Serjimbus) and Weecade (by S. Sorensen). Thanks to the authors! ;)

The background has been defined with an image by Graphicgirl, and some of the images are by guybird99. Thanks to both of them too. ;)

It also has some images from internet, but I have tried to respect the copyrights and I do not have any profit of them, as you can see.

I have tried to improve the images of all the arcade emulators, pinballs and some of the consoles, which I have set using the European version (SNES and Master System, for instance).
The Marquee has been changed for most of the systems and the fonts have been redefined looking for a cooler appearence (at least for me). :D
The cabinet has been moved to be better seen.

It is optimised for resolution 640x480, but it is also good at 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x1024.

Here you are some images and the download link. I whish you like it. :)

You can download it here: ->MorArcade<-

Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:04:31 am by SamArcade »

TopJimmyCooks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
Re: MorArcade: New Maximus Arcade Skin/Theme
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 09:52:45 pm »
The skins look cool.  megaupload just got megashutdown, may need to look for a new mirror. 

SamArcade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 06:32:04 am »
The skins look cool.  megaupload just got megashutdown, may need to look for a new mirror. 

Thanks!

I have fixed it and uploaded to Rapidshare. ;)
I hope it will survive. :D

Cheers!

ehauk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2014, 09:56:37 am
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 10:04:58 am »
I really like this theme, but on my system there is a problem with the Zinc marquees. The generic marquee that says Zinc when there is not an image available works, but when there is an image, the generic marquee masks it only allowing me to see the image within the Zinc lettering. Anyone else having that problem? Looks like that same happens in Daphne.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:06:50 am by ehauk »

SamArcade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:47:57 pm »
I really like this theme, but on my system there is a problem with the Zinc marquees. The generic marquee that says Zinc when there is not an image available works, but when there is an image, the generic marquee masks it only allowing me to see the image within the Zinc lettering. Anyone else having that problem? Looks like that same happens in Daphne.

Hi ehauk!

Thanks for your words about the theme. :)

Yes, you are right.

The problem you comment happens due to the type of image I have used, png files with transparent background.
I will fix it, but I have no time at the moment (maybe in a few days)...

If you want to try it, a fast solution could be convert them to jpg images and change the references in the Theme Editor (it is very easy, don't worry). :D

If you prefer changing it without using the Theme Editor, you just have to susbtitute the file 'ZINC_marquee.png' inside the zip file of the theme with the one you want. Maybe another one included in a theme you like (Maximus Powers, Ultra Arcade, and so on). ;)

By the way, Daphne case is the same (and almost all the systems)... :_(

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:58:17 pm by SamArcade »

p2pow350

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 27, 2013, 07:46:06 am
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 06:54:21 am »
Hi,
I'm trying to refresh this post as I found your skin incredible and I would like to know if you can post another mirror as RS is not available.
BTW, thanks for sharing your hard work!

Cheers
Max

SamArcade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 07:41:55 am »
Hi,
I'm trying to refresh this post as I found your skin incredible and I would like to know if you can post another mirror as RS is not available.
BTW, thanks for sharing your hard work!

Cheers
Max

Sorry for the big delay in answering...
I have two bay girls and no time at all. XD

The link is again working. ;)

p2pow350

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 27, 2013, 07:46:06 am
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 08:09:23 am »
Hi Sam,
RS is saying:

Download not available
The download for this file has not been enabled. Only the user who uploaded it, can enable the download option.

:dunno

Thanks
Max

SamArcade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 11:05:26 am »
Now is in MediaFire.

It should work, now. ;)

Cheers!