Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mouse / Trackball games using Opti-Pac small square of movement not full screen.  (Read 3480 times)

strontium

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2021, 05:12:52 pm
Hi Guys,

First thing is to say thanks for such a great product. I'm using the latest arch linux release of GroovyArcade and all I can say is wow, it's great.

Everything runs at great frame rates and looks really authentic on my home built cabinet.

Basically the issue is that on mouse / trackball games like Missile Command and Snake Pit (One of my personal favorites) the trackball moves the cursor / character but they seem restricted to a small invisible square in the middle of the screen. I'm using the opti-pac from ultimar to interface my trackball with my board and would have thought that this is a fairly common setup so I'm really hoping this is a quick fix. Possibly a calibration issue or a setting I'm missing somewhere.

I've tried my best to trouble shoot this but have had no joy, apologies if this has been asked before and is a simple one to fix.

Really hope someone can chime in today with a fix so I can complete my cabinet tonight and get some snaking in  :)

P.s Is there any plans to update wah-cade as list generation on the newer Mame versions seems to not work and the filters seem broken. Minor issue that I have found work arounds for but just wondering if Wah-Cade is even still a live project.

Many thanks

Strontium

zinoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2013, 05:20:25 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Have you found a fix for this issue? I am experiencing the same behavior with my OptiPac and Centipede.

Thank you in advance.