Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Link to a pretty in depth arcade conversion  (Read 2053 times)

Fursphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:36:10 am
Link to a pretty in depth arcade conversion
« on: September 09, 2013, 09:51:03 am »
http://www.retrovicio.org/foro/showthread.php?18979-Ext2k-Race-Driving-Cabinet-(otra-movida-mas!)

Its not in English, but the cabinet looks a lot like Badmouth's Red Line Racer (RIP). 

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
Re: Link to a pretty in depth arcade conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:20:12 pm »
Thanks for the link.  That's a really nice build.
It took me a while to find it, but he used a 30" LCD.

I was wondering because the viewable area of a 32" goes all the way to the sides with the frame having to extend into or beyond the sides of the cab.
I'd be upset if I smashed up my cab and then found out it was possible to squeeze a 32" in there without modification.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:36:10 am
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 01:28:00 pm »
I've got a 32" in mine, and I'm pretty sure I would have been just as happy with a 30".  But my 32" fits inside WITH the case still on.

The viewing area based on my seat location is just about perfect.  One thing that cabinet design really has over mine is that you can hide everything in that big empty cabinet when an LCD is used.  Like on mine the AMP, AMP Power Supply and power strip all ended up on the back of the main cabinet, and the computer off to the side (on the floor for now).

If I cut a bigger hole in the back of the cabinet, and de-cased the PC, I could probably get everything inside...   something I'll have to think more about.  Might require a little re-engineering of the cabinet supports inside as well.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:31:12 pm by Fursphere »

gpasko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2017, 03:13:46 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 05:03:46 pm »
That's a real nice conversion.  I came across the videos on YouTube a while ago, but it's nice to see the build pics.  Lots of thought went into this conversion.  I like the USB port in the dash.  Awesome!  I like his PS3 menu too as my PS3 is still stock. 

TIGER8855

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2024, 03:14:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Link to a pretty in depth arcade conversion
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 08:13:02 pm »
Thanks for the link. First time I have used google  translate and I was impressed with how good a job it does.

Have only gone thru the first 3 pages. Can't wait to read the rest and hopefully get some ideas for my cab.