Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Monaco GP 1979/1980 - My Remake  (Read 150358 times)

Marcoqwerty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 02:46:08 pm
Re: Sega Monaco GP 1979/1980 - My Remake
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2017, 05:01:58 am »
Sorry for the noob question; but it's possible display the game on real fullscreen without any artwork or score?

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:51:56 am
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2017, 07:13:39 am »
You can remove the artwork and LED stuff in the artwork menu then increase the screen size in the display menu.

Marcoqwerty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2017, 09:20:07 am »
Thank you!  :cheers:

Hawkeye71

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2018, 03:39:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2017, 07:19:14 am »
This thing is bloody gorgeous.

Ill have to hook it up to a bass. My memory of it was it really rumbled the arcade walls.

geecab

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:15:34 pm
« Reply #244 on: March 11, 2017, 01:28:20 pm »
This thing is bloody gorgeous.

Ill have to hook it up to a bass. My memory of it was it really rumbled the arcade walls.

Cheers Hawkeye71! Glad you are enjoying the remake!

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #245 on: March 11, 2017, 01:38:30 pm »
Just discovered 2 great youtube videos made by DarthMarino! They clearly show how steering differs when running the game with a 270 degree wheel, and a 360 'free spinning' wheel. These vids might help other people out when deciding what type of wheel to go for. Thanks again DarthMarino! :)

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:51:56 am
« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2017, 02:41:33 pm »
^No problem.  Most people probably won't have a 360 degree wheel to play with but that would certainly be my recommendation.  It worked OK with the normal 270 degree wheel but there was a decent deadzone that made it hard to be as precise.  You can kind of see me struggling with it in the video. My score was instantly increased when I switched to the 360 degree setup. Is there a way to add a deadzone slider to the program?  I think that would be helpful for folks using a normal wheel. 

Anyway, great remake. I've had a ton of fun with it.

space invader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2022, 05:27:36 am
« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2017, 09:37:31 am »
Hi Geecab.

Won't you try making a port of your simulator for raspberry pi? Last year you said perhaps some day woould give a try...

stevengrx20

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2017, 11:02:57 pm
« Reply #248 on: April 12, 2017, 11:03:36 pm »
Hi Geecab, I just register to thank you for your great work  :applaud:, and for ask you a question. Monaco GP is ridiculously similar to Super Speed Race /V / GP V from Taito, and i'm a big fan of both. Unfortunately, just like Monaco GP, SSR doesn't use a CPU but transistors and that's why we can't emulated them. When i saw your project running flawless i was impressed and i have to ask you the question: There's a possibility to do a remake of Super Speed Race V/GP V using your project? making a tool to replacing the sprites, making a port yourself or making the project open source? I'm a programmer as well but not as experienced as you, and always has been tricked me to someday making a videogame, or some kind of port or hack. I heard a lot of good things about Allegro, and i'm very interested in your project because i'm a Java/J2EE kind of thing developer, and I think I could do it with Allegro/C++. I'm aware that there's is an only version of SSR that does have CPU and it's partially emulated by MAME (that one with TAITO Z80 based hardware) but with no sound and with awful controls, the versions that i'm interested on is SSR V and SSR GP V, transistors based, just like Monaco GP.

Here are some references:

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=623&page=1#1429

I would love to contribute to preserve this classics, that otherwise would die.

Ali

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 05:13:06 pm
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2017, 10:35:39 pm »
A remake of Speedrace woul be really great!!

I was thinking about the same question.
The 2 games are basically the same game...
An Ice track, the dark track with the light cone (actually a heart?), the ambulance...
... And the bridge (Here an essential difference: Speed Race had a 2 bridges track! Usually a hevy traffic bridge and other with very light traffic...)

But, apparently, there were many distinct versions of Speed Race, and distinct manufacturers (Taito, Midway...)

In the Internet we can find citations for Speed Race (apparently a B&W game), Super Speed Race, Speed Race CL5, Speed Race GP5:

Speed Race:

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9709
http://www.arcade72.com/taito-speed-race/
https://www.giantbomb.com/speed-race/3030-36499/

Speed Race CL5:

Super Speed Race:

Speed Race GP5:
http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9710
http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=thumbs&db=videodb&id=1049
http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=thumbs&db=videodb&id=4057

And I not sure if Speed Race (at least Super Speed Race and the other color versions) is, in fact, a non CPU game...
Super Speed Race (a Midway version!) is in MAME... a ridiculous very preliminary emulation... but it is there.

And the History file speak about a Zilog microprocessor!

But it would great to have a Speed Race Remake!!
Great idea!  :applaud:

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 11:04:46 pm by PL1 »

nilfisk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2017, 01:55:46 pm
« Reply #250 on: April 24, 2017, 01:55:46 pm »
Hey,

Over the last few months, an excellent FPGA implementation of Monaco GP has been achieved, including the possibility to control the original LED displays, as well as featuring a "Pro Monaco GP" mode with altered scoring, and (hopefully soon) the possibility to hook up the Pro cab's gauge.

While I am not the programmer behind this, I've had the honor to accompany this project, and have hooked up the FPGA (an Altera DE1) to my original cab to see how things work:

Martin

suverman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 11:38:53 pm
« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2017, 01:23:39 am »
Hi geecab,

This is an amazing effort! I am using turbo twist spinner and the remake is just identical to the game.

I know this was asked before and you mentioned it as well - are you planning to port this to the pi? If not I might have to get a Intel Nuc just for this game!!!

Thanks for all the effort and sharing.

Hawkeye71

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2018, 03:39:54 pm
« Reply #252 on: May 21, 2017, 05:24:09 am »
Its certainly superb.

Probably not the best place to ask this but it kind of links ...

Has anyone managed to get this on their Hyperspin yet? I've tried by just using HQ. Ive set up a database XML and can get as far as the file name in the wheel but nothing happens when I press enter.

The log implies it cannot find the launcher but its linked correctly.

thanks

Marcoqwerty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2017, 06:08:23 am »
Hello to all MONACO GP FANS here....im testing this remake on my Driving mamecab..but i encounter some problems (one for the fullscreen and another for the pedal pot).

My settings:

- CRT 25 with emudriver and 640x480 res

Problems:

- After the launch of SMGP with 640x480 cfg (fullscreen) i see only the cmd windows ad not the game (but i hear the sound in the background) (no wa ATL+TAB the right screen show me only the cmd windows), i push ESC to back to desktop
- If i set FULLSCREEN=NO from the cfg file, i see the game (not in fullcreen) but filling completely the desktop....except the windows taskbar at bottom
- I aslo try to launch SMGP direct trounght cmd but i get the same result
- How to set a analog gas pedal with Potentiometer ?

:cheers:

Orbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2017, 02:26:56 pm
« Reply #254 on: September 03, 2017, 01:54:38 pm »
Hi just discovered this an its an excellent make - I don't seem to get very far on it thought - goes it have extended time like the old game or is it a simulation?

Swainy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2023, 12:05:24 pm
« Reply #255 on: September 18, 2017, 08:20:42 am »
So happy I've discovered this remake. I have fond memories of playing this in a local newsagents in the early 90's.

I don't suppose there's an idiots guide for adding it to Hyperspin at all is there?

deano7649

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2019, 02:03:01 am
« Reply #256 on: October 24, 2017, 11:10:20 am »
I've been playing this for a while, it is fantastic  :applaud:

I got a small BAS driving cab earlier this year with a 360 spinner wheel, acc pedal and up/down shifter
I put a PC in the cab and it was originally to play some older driving games in MAME, however I only seem to be playing your remake !
It runs great, I've done a lot of tweaking with the settings and it plays really well

Got a LCD in ATM but still have the old CRT to pop back in once I get round to getting the chassis repaired

Quick question though if I write a .BAT file can I launch the game from it ?

I basically want the game to run in Classic Arcade 640x480 mode as soon as Windows starts up and avoid having to use the launcher program

Thanks again for your great remake !

EDIT : Ignore the request for running it from a .BAT file, seem to have it all sorted now
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:43:28 am by deano7649 »

Marcoqwerty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #257 on: November 22, 2017, 04:55:05 am »
Check at the min 6.20  ;)

Thank you for this amazing work!  :notworthy:

http://youtu.be/z7pewUAAaX4?t=6m20s

asiga

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2020, 04:14:51 pm
« Reply #258 on: December 29, 2017, 06:23:41 am »
Why don't you open source it? If you plan to sell it commercially, I understand. But if you don't plan to sell it, why not open source? It will make it possible to port it to many other platforms, and your work will last longer than the lifetime of the OSs that you built binaries for.

VirtuaIceMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 08:16:45 pm
« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2018, 08:24:47 am »
Someone appears to be making a sort-of clone of Monaco GP on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/752530/Close_Call_Extreme/
Check out my racing game videos, including every PC F1 and Rally game ever, over here: https://www.youtube.com/user/VirtuaIceMan/

Ali

• Offline Offline
« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2018, 09:06:41 am »
Hi geecab

I suspect there is a little bug in your fantastic Monaco GP simulation.
I think the parameters of (back) collision detection with the ambulance isn't well implemented.

Actually, the ambulance is always faster than the car...
But sometimes, mainly in advanced stages... we must to release the car (laterally, just after the ambulance has passed...) in the ambulance direction...
In fact, the ambulance, apparently had already passed... but the car (apparently) explodes in the air!
I could to see it 5 or 6 times in the last days...

Many thanks to your fantastic work!
The best classic game remake forever!

Best regards, Ali.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:09:07 am by Ali »

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #261 on: March 21, 2018, 04:48:25 am »
Hi Everyone!

Sorry I have be quiet for a while, I don't seem to get email updates for this website anymore?!?

Marcoqwerty - Just wanted to say, great job on your upright build, it looks fantastic! Really like the neon style front end, I really feel the need to update my frontend now! :) Great video too!

Ali - Oh, that sounds like a bug. I wonder if I'm expecting the length of the ambulance to be the same length of the Firetruck. What version of the remake are you running & I'll check my source?? If is it that I am expecting the length of the ambulance to be the same length of the Firetruck, you could always manually edit the .trk files, changing the ambulance events to be firetruck events...

asiga - Open sourcing. Yes maybe one day, when I'm certain I'm not going to use my source to make a commercial game.

:)

Ali

• Offline Offline
« Reply #262 on: April 09, 2018, 12:42:17 pm »
Hi Everyone!

Sorry I have be quiet for a while, I don't seem to get email updates for this website anymore?!?

Ali - Oh, that sounds like a bug. I wonder if I'm expecting the length of the ambulance to be the same length of the Firetruck. What version of the remake are you running & I'll check my source?? If is it that I am expecting the length of the ambulance to be the same length of the Firetruck, you could always manually edit the .trk files, changing the ambulance events to be firetruck events...

:)

Hi geecab!

Yes! The forum e-mail alert to new messages is working fine now!
(But I think that it wasn't working some weeks ago...)

I'm using the last version available (and playing the standard version "Monaco GP")

Well... Only now I could to perceive that it's a Firetruck and no a Ambulance!!  ;D  :banghead:
Is there firetrucks and ambulancies in the game, really?
(Are you speaking seriously about it or were you only joking?)

It occurred always in very advanced stages (up to 6000+ points...)
And I couldn't to reproduced it now in the very initial stages...
If there is, in fact ambulancies in advanced stages... Yes, it would be a possible explanation!!
(In advanced stages I, in fact, don't look directly to the Firetrucks (Ambulancies?)... I use only my peripherical vision, concentrating in the other cars)

Best regards, Ali.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:22:51 pm by Ali »

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #263 on: April 22, 2018, 02:13:45 pm »
Hi Ali!
Well... Only now I could to perceive that it's a Firetruck and no a Ambulance!!  ;D  :banghead:
Is there firetrucks and ambulancies in the game, really?
(Are you speaking seriously about it or were you only joking?)

Since you are playing the 'classic' track, then you'll see only firetrucks (The original arcade game only had firetrucks). The ambulance was something new I added and appears only in the 'pursuit' track (where you'll see police cars too) :)

It occurred always in very advanced stages (up to 6000+ points...)
And I couldn't to reproduced it now in the very initial stages...
If there is, in fact ambulancies in advanced stages... Yes, it would be a possible explanation!!
(In advanced stages I, in fact, don't look directly to the Firetrucks (Ambulancies?)... I use only my peripherical vision, concentrating in the other cars)
Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to recreate the problem. Based on your description, I decided to edit the classic track so that:
  • Firetrucks continuously appear every 5 'screens'
  • There are no opponent cars
  • Player has limited lives from the start (so the car will explode if it hits the firetruck)
and I've not seen any strange explosions or collision detection issues yet.

In the zip file attached is a copy of my edited track file (Its called 'firetrunk_bug.trk'). You might want to give it a try yourself and see if you can make the problem occur? To try it out, copy the 'firetruck_bug.trk' file into the 'track' directory. Then when you run the game, press 'tab' and in the 'gameplay options' section, select the 'firetruck_bug.trk' as your game track.

Hope this helps! :)

Ali

• Offline Offline
« Reply #264 on: April 24, 2018, 03:19:16 pm »
Many thanks Geecab!

I think that it was, possibly, a personal feeling only.
In the advanced stages of game... I was over pressure compressed in the right side of the track (between the firetruck and the right track border)... and possibly I turned to the left some sooner that I would must do it.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 03:23:04 pm by Ali »

suverman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 11:38:53 pm
« Reply #265 on: May 05, 2018, 10:49:24 pm »
Hi Geecab,

I still play your remake and recently I been running it on a PC Jamma system on my CRT monitor, it looks fantastic!!! I wanted to do a few tweaks and wondering if it is possible:

1. Is it possible to retain the highest score ever? How can I enable it? I do see a best score field but its always blank. I am running the 1.4.5 version of your game.

2. Now that RPI4 is out, do you think the game will run full speed on it? I wont mind playing it on the handheld.

Thanks again
Suv
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 01:37:40 am by suverman »

councilface

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2021, 05:21:26 pm
« Reply #266 on: January 30, 2020, 06:42:25 pm »
Was this ever ported to a pi? I'm thinking about a scratch built cabinet if it won't work on my bartop.

space invader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2022, 05:27:36 am
« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2020, 06:05:01 am »
Was this ever ported to a pi? I'm thinking about a scratch built cabinet if it won't work on my bartop.

I asked the autor (Geecab) for a pi port of the game, said perhaps one day will do it, but by now it is not playable on the pi. In addition, Geecab has not been here for almost two years...

councilface

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2021, 05:21:26 pm
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2020, 02:09:44 pm »
Cheers Dude, it looks like a scratch built windows based cab then! Gulp.

LEM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2023, 02:14:34 pm
« Reply #269 on: June 09, 2020, 10:17:54 am »
Hello to all MONACO GP FANS here....im testing this remake on my Driving mamecab..but i encounter some problems (one for the fullscreen and another for the pedal pot).

My settings:

- CRT 25 with emudriver and 640x480 res

Problems:

- After the launch of SMGP with 640x480 cfg (fullscreen) i see only the cmd windows ad not the game (but i hear the sound in the background) (no wa ATL+TAB the right screen show me only the cmd windows), i push ESC to back to desktop
- If i set FULLSCREEN=NO from the cfg file, i see the game (not in fullcreen) but filling completely the desktop....except the windows taskbar at bottom
- I aslo try to launch SMGP direct trounght cmd but i get the same result
- How to set a analog gas pedal with Potentiometer ?

:cheers:

I'm having exactly the same issues on my arcade. Anybody has a fix for that?

LEM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2023, 02:14:34 pm
« Reply #270 on: June 09, 2020, 12:19:25 pm »
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer in this thread.

Is there a way to save the Hi Score table and the Games Played when you exit the game, so it will remember next time that you start it? Thanks.

asiga

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2020, 04:14:51 pm
« Reply #271 on: December 01, 2020, 04:10:13 pm »
asiga - Open sourcing. Yes maybe one day, when I'm certain I'm not going to use my source to make a commercial game.

I moved to Debian 10, and libpng12.so is no longer available, so it's not possible to run the game in new Linux versions... this is why I suggested you to open-source it: after a few years, executables become obsolete...

Will you update the Linux executables, or open source the game?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 04:11:44 pm by asiga »

KenToad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:46:35 am
  • Flap Flap Flap
« Reply #272 on: December 02, 2020, 05:31:00 pm »
I just tried this for the first time and it's absolutely stunning, great work!

Neo-Rio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2020, 12:17:24 am
« Reply #273 on: December 06, 2020, 12:17:24 am »
I moved to Debian 10, and libpng12.so is no longer available, so it's not possible to run the game in new Linux versions... this is why I suggested you to open-source it: after a few years, executables become obsolete...

It works well under wine in Ubuntu 20.04LTS

Open sourcing it would be preferable though!

uptown47

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2022, 05:46:44 pm
  • Just takin' life one game of Frogger at a time...
« Reply #274 on: May 10, 2021, 02:55:41 am »
Jeez!!! This is awesome!!! Only just discovered this. Used to love Monaco GP on the arcade back in the day. Loved the 'flimsy' steering wheel and remember being absolutely amazed by the "night mode" where you only have your headlights to see with.

This is a brilliant recreation. I'm supposed to be working from home so this is going to take some serious will-power to wait until the end of the day to fire this back up!!

@geecab - Thanks for sharing your hard work - very much appreciated - I'm sat here with a big smile on my face :-)

Moneyhead

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 15, 2024, 03:36:32 pm
« Reply #275 on: November 13, 2021, 06:08:38 am »
Does anybody have the original sideart and is willing to share?

Please PM.

Kind regards,

Sascha

camebackhaunted

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 04, 2023, 03:53:01 pm
« Reply #276 on: October 23, 2022, 03:20:51 pm »
This is fantastic Geecab, thank you

neilsnonsense

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:26:05 am
« Reply #277 on: December 21, 2022, 11:11:44 am »

I hit the same problem on Linux Mint 21 (based on Ubuntu 22.04 - Jammy). I managed to solve it by manually installing libpng12. I started from this page https://www.linuxuprising.com/2018/05/fix-libpng12-0-missing-in-ubuntu-1804.html but the PPA repo didn't work for me. Instead I downloaded the .deb package file from the links on the page, extracted it into a temp dir and copied the necessary files into my lib dir. After that (and installing libdumb1 which is also required) the game started up. These are the commands I used - this is for the 64-bit .deb so adjust if you want the 32-bit version:

Code: [Select]
mkdir libpng12
dpkg -x libpng12-0_1.2.54-1ubuntu1.1_amd64.deb libpng12
sudo cp libpng12/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/* /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

It would be great if @geecab could update the binaries to link to libpng16 instead, but I see from his profile that he hasn't been active here for over four years :( I'd also really like a version for ARM Linux that could run on a Raspberry Pi, and would be willing to contribute to that task if source was available. This game is far too good to let it die!

neilsnonsense

• Offline Offline
« Reply #278 on: December 29, 2022, 06:55:34 pm »

I asked the autor (Geecab) for a pi port of the game, said perhaps one day will do it, but by now it is not playable on the pi. In addition, Geecab has not been here for almost two years...

Make that four years.

I managed to get this running on a Raspberry Pi using box86 (https://box86.org/) which can run x86 apps on ARM platforms, although it took more than a little work! In case it helps anyone else the basic outline is:
  • Use a 32-bit version of Raspberry Pi OS. The app is built using allegro and requires X11 so the full desktop OS is easiest route, although it can also be run under xinit from the CLI mode if you know how to use it
  • Use the 32-bit Linux version of the mgpr binary with the allegro library statically linked
  • Build box86 for your specific Pi hardware revision (see the instructions)
  • Prefix your launch command line with BOX86_LOG=1 until you get it working since it will report all the missing dependency libraries you will need to supply
  • For each of the missing libraries, you need to find i386 versions of the .so libraries and place them alongside the mgpr executable so that box86 can load them and translate them to ARM code. I found the Debian  package page useful (use the 'stable' i386 packages) https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
  • You will need to use a KMS display driver (not the 'Legacy' driver) to get good performance. Run sudo raspi-config, select 'Advanced Options' -> 'GL Driver' and choose either 'Full KMS' (Pi4) or 'Fake KMS' (Pi2/Pi3) - Reboot!
It's possible that this will work on a 64-bit version of Raspberry Pi OS, using the 64-bit Linux statically linked mgpr executable and using box64 instead of box86, but I haven't tried that yet.
With the above config I've been able to get this running (almost) perfectly, even on a Pi2B. The speed is fine, and CPU usage is still usually less than 50% but some of the text rendering on the intro screen and in the time/score banners is missing characters. Not sure why but it's related to the KMS hardware acceleration as it doesn't occur without it, (but then the game runs appallingly slowly!) This doesn't affect the gameplay at all though.

Well, I hope that helps somebody else to get this awesome remake running on a RPi, although a native version would be far more preferable. We can keep hoping :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 08:21:25 pm by neilsnonsense »

neilsnonsense

• Offline Offline
« Reply #279 on: January 05, 2023, 08:27:01 pm »
For anybody that wants to play this on a Raspberry Pi but doesn't fancy trying to follow the vague outline I described above, I've put together a script to automate the process. you can find it here:

https://github.com/neildavis/mgpr-pi

Please read the README instructions thoroughly (including the DISCLAIMER) and proceed at your own risk, but feedback is appreciated. GitHub users are encouraged to report issues and/or send pull requests. I'll also check back here periodically.

Here's a video captured from a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B running at 1024x768 resolution to give you an idea of the performance:

2023-01-10 - ETA: I updated the install script in GitHub to support 64-bit Raspberry Pi OS systems too. Although for RPi3 I still recommend a 32-bit OS since it doesn't seem to run well under 64-bit. No such problems with the RPi4 though where it runs like a champ! And as a bonus, the 64-bit version doesn't suffer from the 'missing characters' corruption in rendered text in e.g. intro screen, menu, score/time banners etc.

Here's a short video captured from a Raspberry Pi 4B for you to compare against the Pi 2B video above. This one is running at a slightly lower res (800x600 vs 1024x768) in 'TATE mode' with the artwork & bezel removed to optimize screen space for the game.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 05:25:27 am by neilsnonsense »