Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Monaco GP 1979/1980 - My Remake  (Read 150405 times)

Duglis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2014, 03:07:25 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Sega Monaco GP 1979/1980 - My Remake
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2014, 02:03:29 am »
Is there a way i can make this configurable for a mouse. If so how do i edit the cfg file?
also how do i edit the cfg file to make use of left control, left shift, spacebar, enter key, the up/down/left/right arrows?

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2014, 02:07:41 pm »
Is this considered done, and now you're just providing updates? Because if you are done, I want to make sure this gets nominated for a BYOAC award.  :cheers:
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

geecab

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:15:34 pm
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2014, 02:50:06 pm »
My daughter got a chance to play a real stand up Monaco at a local arcade convention this past year and fell in love with it.  I'm definitely going to try to get this on a cab for her.

Thanks for posting Slippyblade! Glad you're enjoying the remake :)

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2014, 03:23:52 pm »
Is there a way i can make this configurable for a mouse. If so how do i edit the cfg file?
also how do i edit the cfg file to make use of left control, left shift, spacebar, enter key, the up/down/left/right arrows?

Hi Duglis! Hopefully you are running the latest version (v1.3)? If so then its best not to edit the config file by hand, but instead use the in-game configuration editor to do it for you. Pressing the 'Tab' key during the attract mode (When 'Deposit Coin' is flashing) will invoke the configuration editor. Pressing 'Tab' again will return you back to the game. Exiting the game (pressing 'ESC') will save any changes you made using the configuration editor, into the configuration file that you loaded. Navigate around the options using only the arrow keys. Highlight 'CONTROL OPTIONS' and press the right arrow key to expand them. To use mouse to steer, highlight the  'STEERING_DEVICE' option and press the left or right arrow keys to iterate though all the possible steering devices available in your system (mouse axis x, mouse axis y, keys, joystick etc..). To choose a different key to accelerate, highlight the 'KEY_ACCEL' option, and press the left or right arrow key to iterate though all the possible keys you can choose. Hopefully you get the idea  :) Unfortunately, its not possible to select Left Control or Left Shift in this version (but pretty much every other key is there).

Hope this helps!  :)

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2014, 04:16:51 pm »
Is this considered done, and now you're just providing updates? Because if you are done, I want to make sure this gets nominated for a BYOAC award.  :cheers:

Very kind of you yotsuya! Really great to hear that you think it should get a nomination! Its a bit tricky to say whether I consider it 'done' or not yet. The last version I released (v1.3) was complete, so that could be nominated I guess, but its still a few versions away from being where I want it to be. The new version I'm preparing  (v1.4, that should be ready for download sometime during the Xmas period) is quite a big update, with many changes/improvements and is closer to what I would consider 'done'. So I guess we should hold off on the nomination until I've released that :)

beylie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2022, 01:36:30 am
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2014, 03:28:29 pm »
Oh yeah! Can't wait for 1.4! :D

zxthehedgehog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2023, 05:04:15 pm
  • MIDI Extrordinare & Infrequent Hedgehog
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2014, 11:49:11 am »
How do you remove the time display from on the screen output (so it only appears on the emulated LEDs)? I can't find it in the settings.

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2015, 03:56:36 am »
How do you remove the time display from on the screen output (so it only appears on the emulated LEDs)? I can't find it in the settings.

Hi zxthehedgehog! Set the EX_SHOW_TIME option to 'no'. When using the in game menu, you'll find this in GAMEPLAY_OPTIONS :)

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 05:19:21 pm
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2015, 08:56:16 pm »
Thank you very very much for this great remake geecab. I tried for the last 2 hours to beat my own score  :)
Just a question: Could you please add a pre-made configuration file for the 800x600 resolution ? I would like to play it on my cab and the max resolution for my W&G D9400 monitor is 800x600. Thanks again.

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2015, 04:46:45 pm »
Thank you very very much for this great remake geecab. I tried for the last 2 hours to beat my own score  :)
Just a question: Could you please add a pre-made configuration file for the 800x600 resolution ? I would like to play it on my cab and the max resolution for my W&G D9400 monitor is 800x600. Thanks again.

Thanks for posting Sky25es! No problem, I'll try and upload a config this weekend that will look decent on your monitor but please be aware the resolution of your monitor will mean the bezel & LED artwork will look rather blurred after being resized (a bit similar, though not quite as severe, as the 640x480 configurations which you might want to try out in the mean time) :)

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2015, 11:51:29 pm »
Thanks for posting Sky25es! No problem, I'll try and upload a config this weekend that will look decent on your monitor but please be aware the resolution of your monitor will mean the bezel & LED artwork will look rather blurred after being resized (a bit similar, though not quite as severe, as the 640x480 configurations which you might want to try out in the mean time) :)

Many thanks  again :cheers:
Yeah, I already tried the 640x480 config and as you said: It looks blurry as hell. So 800x600 at least will give me a Little bit clearer image.
Hmm... High resolution Artwork is one of the few weak points of an arcade monitor in comparison to a LCD one... Well, we can't have everything, I guess   ;)

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2015, 05:58:04 pm »
Hi Sky25es! I've done a few 800x600 configurations for you, hopefully they'll look a bit better than the 640x480 ones on your monitor. I've been working on the next version (v1.4) of the remake for quite some time, which has a lot of major changes & improvements, unfortunately it is still a few weeks away from being completed, but when its eventually finished I'll be sure to include some 800x600 configurations.

In the mean time, I'm going to upload version v1.3.2 which is pretty much the same as v1.3, but with a few bug fixes, and includes your 800x600 configurations :)

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2015, 06:18:51 pm »
Monaco GP Remake (v1.3.2) is ready and it can be downloaded here:

****EDIT: This version is now obsolete, please see initial post (on page 1) for download links to latest and obsolete versions****

This version is identical to v1.3, but with a few minor bug fixes, and a few extra configurations made specifically for 800x600 & 1650x1050 resolutions.

Please be a little prepared as you visit the zippyshare site, you might get adverts for other software appear, trying to fool you to download something else. Just make sure you only click on the orange 'Download Now' button to the right of the zippyshare page, and the file that you download to your computer is called "mgpr_v1_3_2.zip". I apologize for using such a poor filesharing host, but it is free!

Once you've unzipped the file, you'll see I have created separate MonacoGP and ProMonacoGP example configurations (found in the 'cfg' directory), all with the Bezels and LED artwork correctly positioned. So first off I'd suggest giving these a try. Say, if you wanted to run the game using the 'pro_monaco_gp_1360x768.cfg' configuration, you would specify "mgpr -cfg pro_monaco_gp_1360x768.cfg" at the command line. Please note, all the example configurations are configured to run the game fullscreen, if you want them to be windowed, you will have to use the on screen menu to change the 'Window' Display setting to "Yes", then restart MGPr.

New in v1.3.2:
 - Fixed infinite time bonus bug if you finish the game (goal) with time to spare.
 - Fixed player car would occasionally explode twice if crashed into bridge entrance.
 - Fixed problem after achieving a 'Best score over 10000' and the LEDs remaining off after they have been flashing.
 - Added configurations; monaco_gp_800x600.cfg, pro_monaco_gp_800x600.cfg, monaco_gp_1650x1050.cfg & pro_monaco_gp_1650x1050.cfg.

:)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 05:51:11 am by geecab »

adder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2021, 10:51:51 am
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2015, 06:39:03 pm »
mediafire is a good free place to upload files and has an easy 'less likely to be tricked' page view.

example:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pq9bftzy7x8okp8/mameuifx32_0157.exe

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2015, 01:58:12 am »
Hey, thanks Geecab ! The new resolution works flawlessly. That's what I was looking for.
Wow! you're doing a really good job  :applaud: Can't wait to see version 1.4... Keep it up!  :cheers:

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2015, 01:55:38 pm »
That's great to hear Sky25es!

I was actually thinking about your screen & setup today, at some point I think I'll have a go at designing a few low-res configurations where the playfield (I.e. the scrolling road) stretches the full height of the screen and simplified Artwork&LEDs would be kept to one side. The result would look more like the Sega Saturn Version (See pic below). For low-res monitors this would mean you'd see more of the actual game, and the Artwork&LEDs wouldn't be blurry (as I'd draw them in the low resolution so that there is no resizing going on). Would be quite nice to have the option of either using a configuration that either looks faithful to the arcade (I.e what we have now, with the possible downside of blurry artwork), or a look where more of the game is visible (With the downside of the artwork being tailored by me :P).

Just a thought :)

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2015, 01:57:18 pm »
mediafire is a good free place to upload files and has an easy 'less likely to be tricked' page view.
Thanks for the tip jadder!  :)

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2015, 03:38:59 pm »

I was actually thinking about your screen & setup today, at some point I think I'll have a go at designing a few low-res configurations where the playfield (I.e. the scrolling road) stretches the full height of the screen and simplified Artwork&LEDs would be kept to one side. The result would look more like the Sega Saturn Version (See pic below). For low-res monitors this would mean you'd see more of the actual game, and the Artwork&LEDs wouldn't be blurry (as I'd draw them in the low resolution so that there is no resizing going on). Would be quite nice to have the option of either using a configuration that either looks faithful to the arcade (I.e what we have now, with the possible downside of blurry artwork), or a look where more of the game is visible (With the downside of the artwork being tailored by me :P).

Very, very 8)
That would really be outstanding. ``Cream of the crop´´

xfassa

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2021, 07:51:20 pm
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2015, 07:56:22 am »
Geecab

Keep up the great work!  It's quite exciting to watch this project evolve.  You have brought great happiness to me and my guests.  Again, thanks soooo much.  I look forward to your next release.

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2015, 07:39:42 pm »

Very, very 8)
That would really be outstanding. ``Cream of the crop´´

Cool! I'll see to it the new version has some configurations where the artwork is tailored for low res monitors (Will make them look similar to the Sega Saturn Port)  :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:48:40 pm by geecab »

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2015, 07:48:20 pm »
Geecab

Keep up the great work!  It's quite exciting to watch this project evolve.  You have brought great happiness to me and my guests.  Again, thanks soooo much.  I look forward to your next release.

Thanks xfassa! The new version is close, it seems to be taking me ages to finish, mainly because I can not help keep changing stuff I'm not 100% happy with. Whatever state that it is in, I have decided to upload something by the end of January, though it might be a beta if I'm still not happy with it by then  ;) !

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2015, 02:12:02 pm »
v1.4.0 is almost there!

Here are a few screen caps from the latest version using the low rez bezel/leds artworks I've put together. I seem to have gone for an 8-bit home computer theme! There are 4 'games' in the next release; Classic Track, Pro Track, Pursuit Track (Pretty much the track in the v1.3 release but with a few additions) and Stunt Track. I just need to fix a couple of silly bugs, then create a bunch of configuration files that gives everyone plenty of choice over every artwork, resolution and game combination (I'm going to auto generate these this time) :)

tomtom

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2015, 04:28:06 pm
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2015, 05:52:31 pm »
Mr. Geecab,

Thank you for the 16:10 resolution, looks great in full screen and windowed. After a few dozen games and a few completed, there are no significant bugs. You gave us an unforgettable retro experience.

Regards,

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2015, 04:16:41 pm »
Mr. Geecab,

Thank you for the 16:10 resolution, looks great in full screen and windowed. After a few dozen games and a few completed, there are no significant bugs. You gave us an unforgettable retro experience.

Regards,

Cheers tomtom! Glad those bugs are fixed, sorry it took me ages to upload the update for v1.3!!

A quick update regarding v1.4. All the main improvements I wanted to add have now been added, and I think I've sorted all the bugs. So I just have to put all the configurations together, test them out, and it can be uploaded! Got a bit of time tonight and tomorrow to get this done. Hoping to upload the new version Sunday but don't hold me to that!  ;)

EDIT: Taking a bit longer than expected, it took me ages getting my auto generation of configurations code working. Its working now though. I've also added a new command line option that allows you to easily choose and run a configuration from the ones found in the cfg directory. I'm a bit concerned my new version is a bit too easy to complete, going to spend a bit of time during the week testing everything and getting the difficulty right.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:27:45 pm by geecab »

beylie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2022, 01:36:30 am
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2015, 02:55:38 am »
Ahh, too easy? I must be gettting old. I can't finish it at all!  ;D

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2015, 07:05:54 pm »
Ahh, too easy? I must be gettting old. I can't finish it at all!  ;D

Oh well I think I may have set the difficulty level way too high now (Sorry beylie!!) :P Good news is everything is finished & tested, I shall upload tomorrow!  :)

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2015, 05:18:18 pm »
Monaco GP Remake (v1.4.1) is ready and it can be downloaded here:

****EDIT: This version is now obsolete, please see initial post (on page 1) for download links to latest and obsolete versions****

Please be a little prepared as you visit the mediafire site, you might get adverts for other software appear, trying to fool you to download something else. Just make sure you only click on the big green 'Download' button near to top right of the page, and the file that you download to your computer is called "mgpr_v1_4_1.zip" (Its about 16MB in size).

Once its downloaded, unzip it, copy the original 1979 or 1980 Monaco GP ROMs into the 'roms' directory, then double click on 'mgpr_launcher.exe', choose a configuration and off you go!

Note that you can also run a specific configuration from command line (like in previous versions), running mpgr.exe using the -cfg switch. For example, if you wanted to run the pro_arcade_1360x768.cfg configuration from command line, you would specify
 mgpr -cfg pro_arcade_1360x768.cfg

All the default configurations are set up for fullscreen and keyboard control (keys are Z=left, X=right, N=Accelerate, M=Gear, 5 or 6 = Coin, 1=Switch between HiScores and AttractMode).
Press the TAB key during any game's attract mode (When "Deposit coin" is flashing at you) to edit the configuration (Change Controls to Mouse, joystick, choose different artwork etc..). Some options (such as display filter, fullscreen and various audio samples and volumes) will require you to restart the game before your new settings will take effect.

My main intention for this release was to create 4 distinct games:
Monaco GP Classic - Should hopefully be very faithful to the 1979 "Monaco GP" version.
Monaco GP Pro - Should hopefully be very faithful to the 1980 "Pro Monaco GP version.
Monaco GP Pursuit - Not quite as complete as I'd like it to be. Should feel like the original Monaco GP, but include police cars, new roads, and an extra stage (There are 3 stages and a Goal at the end).
Monaco GP Stunt - Not quite as complete as I'd like it to be. Its one track, looped. Its starts off easy and gets increasingly more difficult as less time gets awarded with each lap and opponents get faster. You need to memorize where the jumps are to do more than 3 laps.

As far as difficulty goes, if you play the game with keys as is, you should be able (after a good number of goes) to get a top score, possibly get to the 3rd stage of the pursuit track, or do about 4 laps of the stunt track. So that's the sort of difficultly to aim for if you reconfigure the controls for mouse/joystick/wheel. Also, I recommended trying the different games with the '8bit' configurations I made as it does seem to give (in my option) a sort of ZX spectrum port feeling to Monaco GP (I tried to imagine if Sega had done a Monaco GP port to the spectrum, what would I have hoped it would look like). Right, I'm waffling on now, good luck and hope you enjoy it!  :)

New in v1.4.1:
- Addition of 4 'Games'; Classic, Pro, Pursuit and Stunt. Artworks created to suit various screen resolutions (The 'Arcade' bezels for the Pursuit and Stunt track are not really complete, only the title is different at the moment).
- Classic and Pro games now loop 'easy' set of roads for 90 seconds. If you have scored 2000 or more you will then reach 'extended' play looped roads without time limit (as in arcade)
- Improve opponent car distribution and make it difficult for the player to speed match with the opponents during later stages of the game (when the opponents move faster).
- Impossible to make car come to a complete standstill after you've stepped on the accelerator (as in arcade). Thanks camilty67 for video clip.
- Car start position always on scenery (as in arcade)
- Player car can drive along verge scenery after crashing, but will not progress to the next road until the player car actually moves and stays on the actually road (as in arcade).
- In extended play on Classic and Pro tracks, after crashing player has 7 seconds to get of the scenery otherwise the car will explode (as in arcade)
- Addition of a windows launcher program, it does the job but looks a bit rubbish at the moment (I'll work on that).
- Road stops moving completely as soon as player car crashes or goes into a spin (as in arcade)
- Delay immediate return to GAME OVER if no time left and player crashes.
- Pro Monaco GP bonus operation closer to the arcade leds (2 layers, 15 leds on each)
- Extra lives, miles, overtake scoring set via track file
- Extended play off road scenery and verge grace times configurable.      
- New mpgr_launcher.exe to help quickly run a configuration.
- Greater choice of LED tilemaps.
- More accurate Pro-Monaco GP (Trophy & Wreath symbol, star symbol and orange boarder). Thanks to Dr. Morbis for the screen capture.
- Addition of boat (Stunt Track)
- New police cars with radio chat sounds (Can be switches off in the configuration).
- New Lola T70 opponents (Will only appear during Stunt Track. Currently behave the same as police cars), with radio chat sounds (Can be switches off in the configuration).
- Roads with Twin Lanes.
- Ramps
- When a Firetrunk is encountered during a Tunnel/Night section, it can only be viewed if within the player's head light beam, otherwise only its flashing red siren can be seen (As in arcade). Thanks to Dr. Morbis for video clip.
- Track downward scrolling at high speed now the same as the arcade (Previous versions had been much to fast).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 05:51:32 am by geecab »

xfassa

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2021, 07:51:20 pm
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2015, 09:50:03 pm »
This is ridiculous good.  You have done an amazing job.  Thanks so much for your hard work.

Thank You!!!!!!! 

RetroNutz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2020, 08:14:39 am
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2015, 05:38:45 am »
First off Geecab, can I congratulate you on an amazing job on recreating one of my childhood favourite arcades. I remember commenting one a YouTube vid you posted along time ago now on how good this was.  The attention to detail is incredible. Great to see the project is ongoing. I have two of these original cabs, one of which no longer turns on and the other has coining up and some minor graphical issues. So to have a modern software replica is great as I don't have the technical expertise to repair them.

Now I haven't read all the thread so forgive me if these questions have been asked to before:

I was thinking of hacking up one of my cabinets and placing a PC running your emulator inside using the original CRT monitor (think MAME & Soft15khz GFX card driver). I would want to display just the playfield without any bezels or score display. Is this possible? And if so, can the emulator output the original resolution?

Have you already, or do you have plans to have the software output some form of digital code that could be read by the original or equivalent external scoring display?

It would be nice to enjoy the original experience using a reliable modern(ish!) pc doing the donkey work instead of 30-odd years PCBs!!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:50:36 am by RetroNutz »

italiandoh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2023, 04:03:07 pm
  • Lead on adventurer, your quest awaits!
    • The italian Dukes of Hazzard website
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2015, 09:29:17 am »
Great job, impressive!
I just installed it into my multigame arcade cabinet and it looks nice on a 28" CRT arcade monitor @ 640x480.
Keep up the good work!

Matteo

adder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2021, 10:51:51 am
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2015, 09:54:40 am »
great work geecab!!
just wondering, are you still working on this as in, you wouldnt class it as 'finished' yet so to speak?
any chance you could do a new youtube vid showing off all the different modes of play and some commentary perhaps (of course if you dont have time for that please dont go out of your way to do that!) :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:30:32 pm by jadder »

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2015, 02:04:35 am »
Just one word: E X C E L L E N T ! ! !  :applaud:

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2015, 07:52:14 am »
First off Geecab, can I congratulate you on an amazing job on recreating one of my childhood favourite arcades. I remember commenting one a YouTube vid you posted along time ago now on how good this was.  The attention to detail is incredible. Great to see the project is ongoing. I have two of these original cabs, one of which no longer turns on and the other has coining up and some minor graphical issues. So to have a modern software replica is great as I don't have the technical expertise to repair them.

Now I haven't read all the thread so forgive me if these questions have been asked to before:

I was thinking of hacking up one of my cabinets and placing a PC running your emulator inside using the original CRT monitor (think MAME & Soft15khz GFX card driver). I would want to display just the playfield without any bezels or score display. Is this possible? And if so, can the emulator output the original resolution?

Have you already, or do you have plans to have the software output some form of digital code that could be read by the original or equivalent external scoring display?

It would be nice to enjoy the original experience using a reliable modern(ish!) pc doing the donkey work instead of 30-odd years PCBs!!

Thanks RetroNutz! Glad you are liking the remake and nice to hear you are thinking of putting it in one of your cabs! Yes it is still possible to play the game in its basic / non-artwork form. If you run mpgr specifying a configuration filename of your choice, that configuration filename will be created and it will be contain the default configuration settings. For example:
   mgpr.exe -cfg -my_config.cfg

The default settings are:
  - 640x480 horizontal
  - no artwork (Score & Time etc. will be shown on the playfield which you can turn of if you wish in the DISPLAY settings)
  - arcade game track and arcade attract mode track (You can change tracks in the GAMEPLAY settings)
  - Po-Monaco GP mode will be off (Switching it on in the GAMEPLAY settings just means you will get overtake bonuses).

>>And if so, can the emulator output the original resolution?
Its a tricky one to answer this as I'm not sure what the resolution of the arcade screen is (do you know by any chance?). Not sure if this helps, but based on the number of pixels the car is, and taking a number of screen captures of the arcade game running, I calculated the game's playfield has a height=384 and a width=240. The display settings allow you to mirror/flip/stretch the playfield to fit any screen however you wish to suit any GFX card resolution so hopefully you should be ok.

>>Have you already, or do you have plans to have the software output some form of digital code that could be read by the original or equivalent external scoring display?
Yes its something I'd like to add. Not sure the best way to go about it though. Unfortunately I do not have a cab myself so I can't really come up with a solution that will hook up the hardware LED displays with my remake. The simplest thing I can think of is to have a dual monitor setup, placing the second monitor behind the score board. You can run multiple instances of the remake (But only one can be fullscreen and must use the primary display). I don't think it would be too much work for me to add configurations options so that 2 instances of the game share the Scoring/Time information, and also have an option to disable the game completely on the instance that you will be placing the score board. You could then use the artwork settings to position/resize the LEDs graphics so that they shine through the score board. Is this the sort of thing you were thinking of? I guess the big question is would a second monitor fit behind in the score board (I assume you have a midi upright cab?)?
 :)

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2015, 07:57:54 am »
This is ridiculous good.  You have done an amazing job.  Thanks so much for your hard work.

Thank You!!!!!!!

Cheers xfassa!! Glad you are still enjoying the remake :)

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2015, 08:00:36 am »
Great job, impressive!
I just installed it into my multigame arcade cabinet and it looks nice on a 28" CRT arcade monitor @ 640x480.
Keep up the good work!

Matteo

Thanks for posting Matteo, great to hear you've added it to your cab!  :)

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2015, 08:20:00 am »
great work geecab!!
just wondering, are you still working on this as in, you wouldnt class it as 'finished' yet so to speak?
any chance you could do a new youtube vid showing off all the different modes of play and some commentary perhaps (of course if you dont have time for that please dont go out of your way to do that!) :)

Thanks jadder! I think you could say its finished so to speak. I'll probably release new versions at some point with some tweaks & extra options (I really want the different 'chase' cars to have their own characters (Currently, they make different sounds, but they just try and ram you), I would also really like to be able to change car (Be awarded it somehow, and perhaps driving through the pits to collect it. Not sure quite how to do this yet but it would it be cool)), but as a whole, its pretty much there.

>>any chance you could do a new youtube vid showing off all the different modes
Yes indeed this is already very high on my todo list, the one that is currently on youtube is so old isn't it! Hopefully I'll have put something together by next week, not sure about commentary though, we'll see  :P

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2015, 08:24:09 am »
Just one word: E X C E L L E N T ! ! !  :applaud:

Cheers Sky25es!!  :)

italiandoh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2023, 04:03:07 pm
  • Lead on adventurer, your quest awaits!
    • The italian Dukes of Hazzard website
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2015, 10:33:58 am »
Here's a video of V.1.3.2 in my cabinet:

tomtom

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2015, 04:28:06 pm
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2015, 09:21:07 am »
OMG!
Now I know why I spent so much coins 35 years ago: Yes, it's very
close to the original difficulty. Traffic is denser, safety car is
slower, bridge is narrower, race is faster...

1)  v1.4.1 is actually has no end, right? In this case, a skor about
9000 is my max.

2)  Is there an option to increase the braking effect? Neither low
gearchange nor accelerator/off does not help, like v1.3.2.

3)  I'm not sure, it is subjective or my dual core 3Ghz is no more
enough, but it seemed to me that there are minor "glitches", like
frame skiping/interrupts only a few times in the game. As I said,
maybe this is subjective due to higher race speed; nothing important.

Tnx, geecab!

geecab

• Offline Offline
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2015, 04:56:57 pm »
Here's a video of V.1.3.2 in my cabinet:

Cool!! Cheers for uploading :)