Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Sega Monaco GP 1979/1980 - My Remake

<< < (70/101) > >>

geecab:

--- Quote from: GPForverer2024 on February 25, 2024, 08:13:46 am ---Hi Geecab!

yes that's exactly it!!

You are very strong  :applaud:

I can't wait to test this!!

Thank you ;)

--- End quote ---

Hi GPForverer2024!

The steering deadzone issue is rather interesting and, unfortunately, not as easy to fix as I initially thought. It appears the issue is in the Allegro game libraries that I build MGPr with. I've been discussing the issue (and the fix for it) here -> https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/618893, and I've since raised the issue with the Allegro Developers on GitHub here-> https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5/issues/1538. So am just waiting, keeping my fingers crossed that someone responds.

This weekend, I hope to have a go at building all the Allegro libraries from source (I'd managed to build the core stuff, to prove my deadzone fix/hack works, but to build everything I need to run MGPr is a bit of a nightmare). In the mean time, do you know if there is an option your steering wheel has for it to use the Xinput (Xbox) driver instead of DirectInput driver? I suspect (though have no proof yet) that the problem might only happen when Allegro uses the windows DirectInput driver, and might go away if you were to use the XInput.

:)

suverman:

--- Quote from: geecab on February 28, 2024, 06:35:26 am ---You can always lower the difficulty setting in the gameplay options if the game feels 'unfair' with the 1ms lag.

--- End quote ---

Oh no, that 1ms would happen if the nogpu was native in the game. Currently using the general capture program "MiSTerCast" by Shane Lynch, its around 1 to 2 frames. I am looking at other options to downscale, maybe I will go with the traditional AMD groovyMAME setup with crtemudrivers, I have done that before and Monaco GP plays really well with that setup :)

PS. Also this was Pro Monaco GP ("Pro" go cut off in the overscan) and I remember getting over 5K (maybe even 8K - I didnt know of the high score save option that time) many times in the past  :laugh:

GPForverer2024:
Hello Geecab!

For steering wheel it's homemade with an arduino nano and Leonardo board,

I followed this tutorial on youtube here is the link if it can help you

And I'm using the software wheel_ config 0.4.exe

Here is the link to the software tutorial that I've been following To set up the steering wheel

and then I use joytokey to use the buttons (e.g. start, acceleration...)

Hope this helps because thanks to you I built a special racecab for MGPR

it Thank you again and congratulations on your work

geecab:

--- Quote from: GPForverer2024 on February 29, 2024, 02:08:42 am ---Hello Geecab!

For steering wheel it's homemade with an arduino nano and Leonardo board,

I followed this tutorial on youtube here is the link if it can help you

And I'm using the software wheel_ config 0.4.exe

Here is the link to the software tutorial that I've been following To set up the steering wheel

and then I use joytokey to use the buttons (e.g. start, acceleration...)

Hope this helps because thanks to you I built a special racecab for MGPR

it Thank you again and congratulations on your work

--- End quote ---

Hi GPForverer2024!

I've finally manged to get the Allegro 5 game library built from source and compiling with MGPr! :)
So I've made you a debug version (v1.5.0D1) to try. Hopefully it run ok on your PC (I've tried it on a Windows XP machine and a Windows 10 machine at it ran fine on both). When running this version, there should be no steering deadzone. Also, when editing the configuration files, if you set the screen display mode to 'Window' then whatever non-typical resolution you set should be honoured.

You might notice I've added a steering_deadzone option to the configuration. This currently does nothing, but I do plan to get this working soon (Just ran out of time this weekend!).

Let me know how you get on, see how the steering feels to you without the deadzone.

****EDIT: This version is now obsolete, please see initial post (on page 1) for download links to latest and obsolete versions****

:)

GPForverer2024:
Hi Geecab!

I just tested version D1 It's impressive to see the change of direction without a dead zone!!!

I feel like I'm playing with a new GAME, but what a pleasure!!

The steering is working at 100%

On the other hand, when the car is driving on blue ice, the steering is too sensitive, the car moves very fast from left to right (maybe make the car slide slower at that time?

I also noticed that the vertical scrolling is slower than version 1.5.0 Even the car at the start of the game accelerates more smoothly than version 1.5.0, nothing too bad, the most important thing was the dead zone for the steering wheel!

I have put you a picture of the score display so that you can see the problem which is always the same Can't display it full screen in windowed mode,

nothing changes FYI the gui_lancher.exe doesn't work, the window closes on its own, I had to run an instance mgp.exe..... CFG directly from a bat file to make the game work
 In any case,

a huge thank you for your work which is remarkable!!

We look forward to hearing from you soon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version