Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Sega Monaco GP 1979/1980 - My Remake

<< < (68/89) > >>

geecab:
Hi suverman,

>>"DISPLAY scoreboard_mode "export" " is crashing the export instance in my setup.

I imagine rather than crashing, MGPr is just exiting immediately because it can't create shared memory. If you run MGPr from command line, you'll hopefully see a helpful error message indicating why it decided to exit.

When you run a configuration in export mode, MGPr will attempt to create & write to shared memory. On Windows 7 and newer, you'll have to give mgpr.exe administrator rights to do this (Right click on mgpr.exe and choose the "Run as administrator" option).

>>Also IIRC back in 2016 there was a way to edit the scorecard, I have a narrow LED screen and "pro_monaco_gp_8bit.png" like stacked scorecard for example would look great on that in import mode. Is there a way I can customise the import scorecard so it looks like that? Current the scorecard is going offscreen.

The artwork should be fully customisable. You should be able to achieve the look you want using the in-game editor (Pressing the TAB key and having a play around with the values in the ARTWORK OPTIONS). I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, but the artwork options haven't changed for years, so hopefully all that was possible in 2016 is still possible now.

Have a play around with the in-game editor and see how you get on. If you have no joy, perhaps you could sketch out a design of what you want so I can get a better idea (Might be able to make you a configuration).

Hope this helps :)

GPForverer2024:
Geecab Hello,

I have registered especially on this forum to thank you for your fabulous remake :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

for me it evokes a lot of memories.

I tested the new version and I have problems with 2 screens Unable to display scores on the 2 screens(import/export)

I have a 270 degree model steering wheel connected to it I set the sensitivity to the maximum, it's playable but I noticed that when the car drives on the blue stripe it reacts better with the steering wheel Is it possible to add this option in the settings as well?
We look forward to hearing from you soon
 sorry for my English :-\

geecab:

--- Quote from: GPForverer2024 on February 19, 2024, 10:51:36 am ---Geecab Hello,

I have registered especially on this forum to thank you for your fabulous remake :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

for me it evokes a lot of memories.

I tested the new version and I have problems with 2 screens Unable to display scores on the 2 screens(import/export)

I have a 270 degree model steering wheel connected to it I set the sensitivity to the maximum, it's playable but I noticed that when the car drives on the blue stripe it reacts better with the steering wheel Is it possible to add this option in the settings as well?
We look forward to hearing from you soon
 sorry for my English :-\

--- End quote ---

Hi and welcome GPForverer2024!

Glad you are enjoying the remake and thanks for trying the new version.

No need to apologise for your English :)

>> I tested the new version and I have problems with 2 screens Unable to display scores on the 2 screens(import/export)

Unfortunately, there does seem to be problems when running an MGPr import instance and an MGPr export instance at the same time, both in fullscreen mode.

Please can you let me know:

1. If you run an MGPr import instance and an MGPr export instance at the same time, both in WINDOW mode, does that work ok?

2. Can you tell me a bit more about how your windows OS display settings are configured for your 2 screens? For example, what is your "Multiple Displays" option set to ("Extend these Displays" perhaps?),  what desktop resolutions you have set for Screen 1 and Screen 2, how are the screens positioned (Screen 1 is positioned above Screen 2 perhaps?).

>>I have a 270 degree model steering wheel connected to it I set the sensitivity to the maximum, it's playable but I noticed that when the car drives on the blue stripe it reacts better with the steering wheel Is it possible to add this option in the settings as well?

I am a bit confused by what you are asking, but I'll have a guess :)

When you say "car drives on the blue stripe" I shall assume this is when the car drives on the Ice road or over a puddle.
When you say "I set the sensitivity to the maximum", I shall assume this means you are setting MGPr's STEERING_SENSITIVITY configuration option to maximum.

So are you are asking for a new ICE_ROAD_STEERING_SENSITIVITY (or something like that) configuration option that applies only when you drive on an Ice road or through a puddle?? Perhaps I've got the wrong idea as I did make quite a few guesses here lol!

:)

GPForverer2024:
Hello Geecab!

Thank you for your reply

So I'll try to be as clear as possible

My Windows 11 Config

1- position screen in 1920x480 landscape mode (scores), 2 Position Screen in Portrait Mode 1080x1920 Main Screen (Play)
2- mgpr.exe in Run Mode in Administrator Mode.
3- In the Windows 11 display settings in position Screen 2 is at the bottom and Screen 1 is at the top, and they are in Extend mode these displays
4- if I run an MGPR import and export instance in window mode it works
5- if I run an MGPR import and export instance in full-screen mode it doesn't work the window closes automatically
6- if I run an MGPR import instance in windowed mode and run a full-screen export instance, it works

the problem in all these tests is that I can't change the resolution of the import instance either by pressing TAB or editing the file.CFG to have the image of the scores that displays the full size of the window In the window, the image of the scores is always displayed halfway through the window, unable to change the resolution.

For the steering wheel:

1. It's when the car drives on blue ice

2. yes the configuration option STEERING_SENSITIVITY MGPr to the maximum

3. Yes is it possible to add a new configuration option ICE_ROAD_STEERING_SENSITIVITY that applies when driving on a normal road this will allow you to be able to adjust the sensitivity of the steering wheel even more 270 degree!!
 Because when I'm driving on blue ice, the car responds much better.

I hope I have answered as best I can Once again, a big thank you and congratulations for your work

geecab:
Hi GPForverer2024!

Thanks for answering those questions. I think I understand a little better.

At the moment, MGPr has a limitation that will only let you create a window that is a "typical" resolution (640x480, 800x600, 1360x768 etc...). 1920x480 is an unusual size, and when you try to manually set that resolution (by editing the .cfg file to read 1920x480), unfortunately MGPr will ignore it and default to using the lowest "typical" resolution available (probably 800x600).

However, I've recently made a change that will honour whatever resolution you manually set in the .cfg file, regardless of how unusual it is. This also opens the possibility of disregarding the import/export idea, and just having 1 large window showing both the game and the scoreboard. I've done a few experiments with 2 1920×1080 monitors, where I was able to create a 1920x2160 window, and position that window so that it filled both screens. So I'm hoping this change will help you.

I'm having a little trouble understanding what you want for the steering sensitivity. Currently, you are able to set STEERING_SENSITIVITY from 0 to 200. I *think* you are saying you have this set to 200 and you are happy with that on normal roads. When you are driving on the Ice road you want even more sensitivity, say a value of 300?

So I'm thinking of making changes that will allow the following:
STEERING_SENSITIVITY (values can range from 0 to 400)
ICE_ROAD_STEERING_SENSITIVITY (values can range from 0 to 400)

Does that sound ok?

Once I get a good idea of what you are after, I can make you a debug build for you to test.

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version