Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2006 Golden Tee Motherboard Swap  (Read 4265 times)

Kamonow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2013, 01:24:34 pm
  • Golden Tee Fanatic
2006 Golden Tee Motherboard Swap
« on: September 07, 2013, 01:24:34 pm »
 :banghead:I have a friend that is getting a 2006 Golden Tee Complete ready for me.  Had everything ready to go, then noticed that there was something wrong with the motherboard.  There's a small, rectangular black box that has about 50 right angle wires on it coming off the motherboard.  They appeared to be smashed in (like a bad radiator) and a few were broken.  He went to pick up another board and replaced all the chips and put it back together and it still didn't work.  He figured there's a security problem with swapping to a different board.  Is there some kind of serial numbers that need to be matching with the system when replacing a piece like that?  If so, is there a way around that?  Or do we have to send it in the get fixed by IT?  I know they charge about $125 plus shipping both ways.  I appreciate any replies.  Thank you

ed12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
Re: 2006 Golden Tee Motherboard Swap
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 01:34:54 pm »
depending on the color of the board
red or green..

now onto security
there is 2 chips of concern u53 and u93
they must match the s/w on the harddrive

now when u say it is not working ?
would please expand on that..as there is a wack of way's to tell if the board is brain dead or if it is just refusing to boot,more details here are needed

like is there blinking light's on the board ?
do u get video ?
etc etc
more details are needed

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.