Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MiniPac and ipacutil  (Read 3427 times)

IzeHouze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 21, 2013, 02:18:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
MiniPac and ipacutil
« on: June 21, 2013, 01:47:22 pm »
I guess this is both a question and a statement...  I have just received a MiniPac USB new from ultimarc.  The last revision of ipacutils 0.7 does not recognize the device, so I cannot program it with linux.  :-\

HOWEVER, since the source code came with it, I have found that the USB Vend:Dev IDs for this board do not match what the application is looking for.  I have modified the code such that it does now acknowledge the minipacs existence.  Pretty short and simple update.  :)

My question is, is there ANY way to brick this board if there is some other modification that I should have made before I use it to re-program the board?

If there is no way to brick it, I will give it a go.  Then I can post the patches to make this ipacutil 0.8 that will support this board.   :applaud:

kwkw

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2013, 12:54:22 am
Re: MiniPac and ipacutil
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 05:51:35 am »
I have tried doing exactly that patch for my ipac ve, for the same reasons, but it doesn't quite work, at least I get an error message about an unexpected value. Mailed Ultimarc about it, then tried to fix it myself, being a sw engineer.

I briefly reviewed the source yesterday, it is possiblethat the device is programmed anyway, but I have not looked into it that much (yet).

tieske

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2013, 05:59:22 am
Re: MiniPac and ipacutil
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 05:04:03 am »
Hi,

I'm having the same issue with a new IPAC2 32 input.
I changed the vendor and device id, however I fail to get any response messages from the ipac.
any tips/ideas?