Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New upright driver project--working title: was"Jacked-Up" NOW "Shell-raiser"  (Read 7576 times)

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 10:57:06 am
Yeah - I think rather than waiting on it and trying to make it "perfect" and stalling production, I'll just keep the sideart and control panel art (those will be adhesive vinyl) and leave the marque as-is--it's usually just heavy stock printing - so not permanent...now on to more construction!

the lift thing works well by the way--Have to get a video up at some point..
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

menace

• Offline Offline
So time for some progress--although I am really ticked at myself--I decided on full adhesive vinyl sideart--got it from the printers and realized that I stretched it by about an inch at some point in the photoshop manipulations   :hissy:

Ah well--good enough for me and the boys...

Got the panel wired up this afternoon as well--still lots to do but at least it looks like something now...

Going to go with dark green t-molding if a I can find some--black seems kind of boring for a turtles based cabinet..
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:38:41 pm by menace »
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

menace

• Offline Offline
So I finally got back around to working on this one.  After it kicking around for a year I reconsidered the "raising/lowering" thing (as I'm sure some of you already suggested) and I fixed the height.  Not to mention, the kids have grown 3" in a year so it seems like a waste to have it lower down...

Anyways, now I can go about installing swappable driver's wheels and pedals as that is one feature I really do miss from my old cabinet that I sold years ago...and it was always meant to be an upright driver cab..

http://
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 08:08:22 am by menace »