Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultimarc Revisited  (Read 15596 times)

Dawgz Rule

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:39:22 pm
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs
Ultimarc Revisited
« on: August 29, 2013, 08:03:26 am »
I already know most of the people here know that Ultimarc offers great products and first class service.  For the benefit of the new people, I just want to reinforce that fact.  Andy is simply top notch and is absolutely great with answering questions and helping resolve issues.  I recently had an issue with my ArcadeVGA card and Andy helped me through it over the course of the weekend.  Surprisingly, orders to the US turn around pretty quickly as well.   Andy definitely does this hobby a great service.  Thank you!!

Nephasth

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ultimarc Revisited
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 09:06:48 am »
Andy is to BYOAC as what Bob Roberts is to KLOV. :cheers:

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:04:24 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 09:47:14 am »
+1

I have had nothing but Great Service from Andy, and the products are amazing. I will definitely look towards Ultimarc when future builds come around. :cheers:

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:23:31 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 10:26:56 am »
Agreed.  With every product no matter how old I've gotten prompt support responses, prompt shipping for new items.  Order from Ultimarc, you will not be disappointed.

Monkeyvoodoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2024, 08:00:58 pm
  • I swear I can stop at one. Or two.
    • threefoldhorse Custom
Ultimarc Revisited
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 12:45:09 pm »
I've only placed one order with Andy (so far :D) but he was great. He held off on shipping as I had to travel for a few weeks. I let him know when I was returning and he promptly shipped every out the sane day.

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2018, 05:56:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 02:28:37 pm »
+1

Fantastic service and communication from ultimarc, highly recommend :)

Sent from Amstrad CPC464

marioxb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 01:54:31 pm
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 08:23:09 am »
Oh, I actually thought, until now, that Andy/ Ultimarc was in the US. Glad to hear it doesn't take too long getting stuff here!

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:04:24 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 11:00:04 am »
Oh, I actually thought, until now, that Andy/ Ultimarc was in the US. Glad to hear it doesn't take too long getting stuff here!

I didn't realize that its a UK based company as well. I think for the distance the shipping times have been great for me.

thall17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2019, 02:51:44 pm
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 10:52:53 am »
Andy is VERY fast at shipping, I get stuff from Ultimarc before I set stuff within the states!! He is also great at communication, emails are answered in no more then a day, often within hours!

Ultimarc is A++++++

gamepimp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:38:47 pm
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 06:55:51 pm »
I've ordered from Andy numerous times. His customer service is second to none. I would highly recommend  Ultimarc to anyone!

thall17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2019, 02:51:44 pm
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 02:13:38 pm »
Ultimarc is superb!! A++ Fast shipping to the states and Andy is quick to respond to any questions

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:43:03 am
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 09:54:06 am »
My only complaint about ultimarc is the awful website.

8BitMonk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 05:27:00 pm
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 11:46:45 am »
I have a love/hate relationship with Ultimarc.

First the good:

• Shipping is incredibly fast
  • Andy is very communicative and has always answered (or tried to answer) my questions via email in a relatively short period of time especially given the time difference.
  • They offer niche products no one else in the industry does, arcade res graphic card like the AVGA, digital joysticks like the U360, Lightguns with Solenoids option like the Aimtrak etc.

Now the bad:

• Sometimes the manufacturing is subpar. I've had broken molding inside Aimtraks, pillar thread stripping when removing pcb on U360's
  • Sometimes the software is subpar, undocumented, mis-documented, outdated or hard to find on the site
  • If there is an issue replacements parts will occasionally be sent airmail which I have had take 3-4 weeks
  • Though the products are very unique sometimes they aren't completely thought out, well implemented or operate perfectly. Having to construct the Aimtraks with solenoids comes to mind. Amazing that it is even offered at all but at the same time the construction (soldering of super small wires), propensity for it break or not work properly makes it a bit frustrating.

Before the Ultimarc lovers bash me for bringing up anything negative let me say that I've always been able to remedy issues with Andy/Ultimarc and overall would give them a solid 'B' rating. I'm trying to be objective and give honest feedback, the products are generally very very good but not perfect and setup can require some tinkering.

Let me also say that I'm glad that Andy releases products that may be problematic and are likely a pain for him to support (like the Aimtraks with solenoids) rather than playing it safe and offering the standard things everyone else does. I think Ultimarc does the hobby a great service.

Without the issues I list they would be an A+ for sure. 
Games: Asteroids Deluxe | Atomiswave | Centipede | Championship Sprint | Defender | Donkey Kong | Dig Dug | Frogger | Ikari Warriors | Missile Command | Pac-Man | Pole Position | Robotron | Spy Hunter | Tempest | Super Mario Strikers

sean_sk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2019, 10:27:48 am
  • If quizzes are quizzical, then what are tests?
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 10:20:00 am »
I actually wanted to chime in on how awesome Andy's service is at Ultimarc.

I ordered 4 Servostiks and a terminal on one of the motors was already broken when it had arrived. I asked if i could receive a replacement and he was the most accommodating person ever. You know, he didn't just send one replacement motor; he actually sent TWO. That is the best customer service ever. Plus he has been ever so helpful with the ArcadeVGA that I bought off him.

I would without hesitation recommend him and would buy repeatedly off him again in the future if I ever need to. I really hope he reads threads like these just to show that his business and service are top notch and very much appreciated.

Good job Andy!!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:23:45 am by sean_skroht »

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 10:47:03 am »
So here is my 2¢ about Andy's service. Top notch all the way! My aimtrak got lost in the mail. Andy sent me another, no questions asked. When I was trying to get my aimtrak to work with my ps2. Andy helped me do it. His shipping is faster then venders in the states! My packages have always been packed very well. Far better then others. I will be ordering from him again!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2023, 01:46:12 pm
  • Can u guess what game this image is from?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 05:42:03 pm »
+1. Although I have yet to use the items I've ordered from Ultimarc (but I will, I swear!), I'm impressed with the prices, quality, shipping & customer service.  :applaud:
"Godzilla is a warning. A warning to each and every one of us. When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."
Professor Hayashida

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 07:55:21 pm »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 03:24:42 am by ChanceKJ »

Scorpie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 12, 2022, 04:28:58 am
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 09:57:11 am »
I ordered from Andy last week, got my package in the mail and some buttons weren't the ones I ordered, and I had some other minor issues caused by lack of focus from my side. Andy is top notch service, buttons are being sent and no problem whatsoever. +1  :applaud:

I do however think that the RGB leds wiring could be done a little bit better; they get caught between the switch and the bottom of the plunger quite easily

kuehnau

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 11:35:33 pm »
I ordered some parts from Ultimarc in the past (several sets of buttons, several joysticks, wiz keyboard encoder). They have a lot of stuff to browse and competitive prices, but I just can't get past their shipping, which has forced me to search for more local options.

I only have one complaint, and it appears to be an issue with almost all sellers. All the joysticks I ordered came loose and several had bent connections. They bent all back into place and worked fine, but I still don't like it. It was such a minor issue I never brought it up. Out of sheet curiosity, do vendors also get all their parts loose like that?

Saneless

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2015, 12:29:26 pm
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 01:30:27 am »
The B+ on the website is very generous, but he was good with my emails and I've got an order on the way.

Rev. Noch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 05, 2015, 01:15:48 pm
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 04:16:41 pm »
I just want to add my big thumbs up to Ultimarc as well. My order came super fast and shipping was reasonable for coming such a long way to my home in Colorado. Thanks!

Karpro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2015, 09:49:37 pm
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 04:31:02 pm »
Add me to the group of fanboys!  Ordered 12/19 and had the stuff at my door step 12/26. Not bad, seven days with Christmas in the middle. I was very impressed. Now if I could only figure out how to get the servo sticks to change automatically.

Tithis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2022, 10:53:04 am
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 08:08:44 am »
You will certainly not be disappointed when it comes to shipping with these guys. Their products are generally pretty good.

I will say there are a few gotchas you gotta watch out for. On their stand alone video amp board the vga connector is not the same as the original. Problem is it doesn't stick out as far away from the board so the circuit board itself gets in the way. For me it was impossible to actually screw the vga cable on. Also on the ultrastik the mounting plate dimensions listed on the website are not accurate.

So far very satisfied with the two ultrastiks, u-trak and pushbottons I got from them. I'd recommend not getting the amp unless you absolutely need it for your monitor. I got it for mine so I could turn down my contrast, drive and screen and found the image to be far worse amp than without it.

dgame

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2023, 06:00:54 pm
  • I am no Jedi
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 02:53:43 pm »
+1 for Andy and Ultimarc. I purchased on the 17th and it arrived on the 20th.
Amazing how fast it arrives in the US from the UK.  :cheers: