Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jukebox software list - Updated April 14 2007  (Read 362000 times)

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
Re: Jukebox software list - Updated April 14 2007
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2015, 10:11:10 am »
Digital music centre from zenpoint does this

Could you elaborate a little more on that?

I see features listed on the website like "IPad,IPhone and Ipod controller" or "Blackberry and Android controller", but this all seems to relate to Remote Controlling the jukebox software, which is not what I'm really wanting.

I have not tried it yet, but I've read through the manual and it's not helpful in my "streaming" question.
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

potts43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2022, 08:46:50 am
Jukebox software list - Updated April 14 2007
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2015, 10:22:02 am »
The program is good but the documentation is poor. Not sure I know what you are wanting. Tried lots of progs last month and it was a case of compromise and personal choice. For the money it was the best
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:24:16 am by potts43 »

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2015, 11:16:20 am »
Think about something like one of those bluetooth speakers, various people (guests) could pair their phones to it and then just start streaming music to it. They're used to doing this all the time, some friend comes over and says "hey, check this song out" and just sends it to the speaker.
But now he's wanting to build a fullsize jukebox type setup to consolidate all his music and whatnot to make it easily accessible for all, just like any other typical jukebox setup most of us build, but he was curious if a function like the bluetooth streaming could be added to it. (instead of using the separate speaker thingy)
It don't think it's too terribly hard to accomplish streaming to a pc via bluetooth (ie. the jukebox computer) in a similar manner.
The problem I foresee is trying to do this in conjunction with some kind regular jukebox software running at the same time. As of right now I basically see two programs trying to run at the same time. We wouldn't want to have someone streaming a song from their phone AND have someone pick a song from the jukebox and suddenly the two are trying to play simultaneously. 
So the jukebox software would need to recognize the phone streaming as part of the playlist per say, or add that song to the playlist so that one ended before the other began and vice versa.

If that makes any more sense. 
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

Leespuggy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2017, 09:46:57 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2017, 03:14:33 am »
is there any other software like dwjukebox/aka wincab

that lets you use actuall buttons not touch screen are having to use mouse ect....

i loe dwjukebox but having problems adding songs to it

G-Rod66

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2018, 04:54:18 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2017, 10:13:50 am »
I lost my music library yrs ago when my hard drive that held all my music cropped the bed.  I've been using Spotify for all my music and it has a great list of music.  I was wondering if there was a way to integrate it into a jukebox program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mark Norville

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2019, 08:38:58 am
  • Has gotten saint's attention
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2019, 09:31:18 am »
Sad to see that this topic has pretty much died, I use etouch jukebox http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/ and have created a couple of skins for it.

At the moment my jukebox and skins are a bit of a dead project at the moment, as I have had to borrow hard drives from one computer to put in another computer, and money and time are a sparse commodity at the moment, also I hate MP3 tagging and I started a major project of going through the 80's and 90's and trying to get every chart entry for those decades. I spent about six months doing about four years of the UK charts from 1990 - 1994 and then I needed a break and I have not touched a MP3 since and actually deleted thousands of albums that I wanted to sort out into chart entries.

Please note that I am not a skinner, I am not a graphic artist. The videos here are not complete and show skins that were work in progress, so the graphics were rough and out of place.

(4:3 or maybe 5:4 skin on my quiz machine cabinet)

This was for my 32 inch touch screen cabinet

As for 2019 that software list has slowly dwindled and a lot of 404 errors and dead web addresses

I have purchased most pc jukebox software and tried demo's of other software.

Here is my experience of 2019 software still available and how I found them

Etouch is the closest that you can come to a proper jukebox experience. At first I hated it, I tried the demo, never got anywhere with it, a few years later, I eventually decided to purchase it, and have never looked back. It was a hard learning curve but well worth it. The skinning tool once you get used to it, is brilliant and gives you an unlimited amount of ways to create your own jukebox.

Zenpoint  is not really a jukebox software, not in the proper sense of the word. However it is easy to set up, it pretty much works out of the box. It has a lot of options such as radio, karaoke that you can customise via the menu systems. It is not skinnable it is more of a change the button colour, change the background colour and that is job done.

Videobox/pub jukebox a good looking piece of software but lacking in a lot of features, it is also not skinnable, just another case of changing the colours on the graphics. The most expensive of all the software that I have tried and the biggest rip off going to be honest. You get six months free updates and bug fixes, and then after those six months, they want you to keep paying more money for new bug fixes or upgrades. However, if you are happy with the initial product, you do not really have to upgrade again. Oh and another con about this software, is if you lose your license key for it, e.g you have a computer crash, they will charge you to get your license key emailed to you.

TouchJams I have tried a demo for this, again this is not skinnable, just a case of changing the colour and that is it. It is not bad but lacks a lot of features that etouch has. A nice feature of this is the music chart, but that is based on what their customers are playing and not the official charts, which is disappointing.

Sadly spotify and others have changed the way that people are listening to music and sadly PC jukeboxes are an unwanted item now.

Still if any one is looking at a PC jukebox, hopefully this helps a little bit.

jthompson

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 02:49:02 pm
    • Jays Arcade Classics Cabinet
« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2019, 12:39:37 pm »
I'm really surprised this list is missing Retro Jukebox. Its been around for 5 or 6 years now. Maybe since the site is in French, no one here knows about it. For my purposes - a non touch screen arcade cabinet, this was the easiest software I could find to set up. Probably because it was created just for this purpose. If you are looking for a touch screen solution, maybe its not the best. But if you have a joystick controlled jukebox, I can't recommend any other jukebox software. Don't be scared away because the site is in French. The software is all in English.

http://arcademy.fr/retro-jukebox.html  To read the page, open it in Chrome and use the Translate this page feature.

Because it is stuck in - I believe 4:3 aspect ratio, I created a bezel for it for use with RocketLauncher. I created this video just to give an idea how it looks.

Drakin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2022, 12:51:42 pm
« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2022, 12:37:59 pm »