Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jukebox software list - Updated April 14 2007  (Read 362006 times)

secret80sman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2013, 07:04:31 pm
    • The Ultimate 80's Tribute Band
Re: Jukebox software list - Updated April 14 2007
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2010, 11:23:12 am »
I'm noticing a lot of this software hasn't been updated in a long time or development has stopped. Would love input on what Jukebox software works best with standard 4:3 MAME cabinets using Windows 7 64 bit or similar setups.

Would love to go with a program that not only has the coolest features but has a motivated developer. Cost is irrelevant although free is always better.  :)

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2010, 06:23:02 pm »
you should look for the wiki, linked as the first post. Yes some is not updated long time, but that not to been meant, they cant to been used (many example still use Sk-Jukebox), if it works as you have excepted it.
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2010, 06:31:12 am »
I found this one yesterday... Don't know if anyone has seen it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/coverjuke/files/

Looks nice but i couldn't seem to get it to queue songs only play them. Nice player for free.

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2017, 04:39:18 pm
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2011, 03:00:08 am »
I just wrote a Jukebox for MAME cabinets: Please read http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=108556.0 for more info about my JUKECADE Project
Jukecade - The Jukebox for your MAME Cabinet

loadman

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2011, 12:01:39 am »
I'm noticing a lot of this software hasn't been updated in a long time or development has stopped. Would love input on what Jukebox software works best with standard 4:3 MAME cabinets using Windows 7 64 bit or similar setups.

Me too!

secret80sman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2011, 11:00:05 am »
Perhaps if enthusiasts begin posting here more frequently again we can resurrect the movement. I am currently trying to find a good solution that works in Windows 7 64 bit and with network drives. I really like Jukebox Arcade but can't get it to work with my network drive and that's where all my music is. Windows Media pulls all the files down from the network drive just fine so my settings are correct.

I think if we can get the title of the thread changed from Last updated April 2007 and do a little cleanup we would get more visitors in this thread. I would bet more than half of the software is no longer in development and the sites are no longer even up so the list would probably shrink considerably. Does anyone know if the user who created the topic still checking it regularly as he is probably the one who would have to edit it correct?

An arcade cabinet is such a logical use as a jukebox when not gaming, let's get pumped about music and jukebox software again.   :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:02:55 am by secret80sman »

mikev43

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2011, 05:15:19 pm
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2011, 12:18:02 pm »
ZenPoint 4... I must have found this at the right time... this software is amazing and once I build my touchscreen Jukebox I will fully put it to the test.  So far imo it DESTROYS anything out there from a simple yet elegant interface that anyone can step up and use..  also offers TONS of advanced features for the admin.. it does however lack a album cover feature which they might implement in the future.. for now I'm using album art downloader which is very small but extremely powerful.. I also like the fact they are continually updating and improving their software, unlike the majority of juke softwares out there..

I was also impressed with The Jukeboxer.. this is probably the best solution for extremely simple interface.. i like the 3 different windows however if you want to quickly search by use of buttons instead of typing it's not there yet.  It does however break down the list by letter then double letter.. example click A, then it will list artists by AA AB etc..IF it exists.. that's a nice touch..

flashiv

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2019, 03:58:34 pm
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2011, 02:45:01 pm »

I think if we can get the title of the thread changed from Last updated April 2007 and do a little cleanup we would get more visitors in this thread. I would bet more than half of the software is no longer in development and the sites are no longer even up so the list would probably shrink considerably. Does anyone know if the user who created the topic still checking it regularly as he is probably the one who would have to edit it correct?

Couldn't Saint do this?

secret80sman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2011, 05:18:29 pm »
I have spoken with Saint and he has given me his blessing to go through the list and update it. I will do this as time allows so please don't come down on me too hard if it takes a week or so. For any of you newcomers who are not on the list please PM me the name of your jukebox program (don't leave it here) and your website's link.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:32:11 pm by secret80sman »

secret80sman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2011, 05:33:13 pm »
See my last post please for anyone who might want to be added to the list.

corndwg01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 03, 2019, 10:03:20 pm
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2011, 09:05:57 am »
Any updates yet?  I'm just starting to gather the info/pieces/plans for my touchscreen juke.

Dan_Dan_91_07

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 04:04:00 am
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2011, 11:58:21 am »
I have recently changed my jukebox program from SK's to Jukebox Arcade found here - http://www.extrastrength.com/jbarcade.php

The reason for the change was that the former didn't work well with my touchscreen. I didn't mind paying for the program that I wanted, but even so, I could only find two that I was interested in - Jukebox Arcade and E-Touch. E-Touch however has too many features that I did not want to use (from what I remember, these were all internet features), and as I couldn't find a way to remove these, I decided I would not like looking at all the unused features available on the screen. So I didn't purchase a copy of it and went for the other option. I may of picked Jukebox Arcade regardless in the end though.

I made it perfect by downloading a skin provided here http://forums.hackaday.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61&start=10. This skin removed a couple of unwanted buttons ("setting" and "about"), plus a few logos, as well as increasing the size of each CD image by a very attractive amount.

I think Jukebox Arcade is brilliant, it is even free!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:00:08 pm by Dan_Dan_91_07 »

drventure

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2011, 07:03:57 pm »
Tried working with JRiver Media Center 16 in Theater mode on an ELO Touchscreen.
Sucks. Doesn't suck. Actually, not bad.

EDIT: Once I found a proper "Touchscreen" skin (I used the "Obsidian Touchscreen" skin that's included with the program), it works quite nice.

This particular skin is designed to look good in a traditional home theater environment, so it's got a very streamlined, polished look to it.

Here's a sample shot

One more edit: MC16 isn't free. Not a bad price, but not free.
Anyway, I've always like MC for it's tagging, organization and conversion functions. The new version is even more Client/server than the old (you can setup one machine as "server" that streams content to any number of clients).

My Tivo can even be a client.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:26:02 pm by drventure »

Dan_Dan_91_07

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 04:04:00 am
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2011, 07:16:04 pm »
Mine is a ELO BTW.

egosbar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2014, 12:26:20 am
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2011, 04:04:58 am »
i have two to add

skg jukebox , not to be confused with skjukebox , its a completely different program but is based on skjuke with a lot of good features, programmer skeptikal geek is good to deal with ,  a pretty good free juke , had a few problems with some songs not playing or playing without sound , not sure if it was collection or a bug , one of the main things here is that this jukebox is free and open sourced , i just wish i could program and id have a play with it.

http://www.skgsoft.net/

ive actually now gone to touchjams now , it is 50 bucks but a really good jukebox and im working with bob now to improve that one, ive just skinned a four album view if anyone wants it just let me know and ill email it to you , it is a combination of a couple of his skins but i re done the buttons so when they are on the look like they are lit up , looks pretty cool i think , i like the 60s 70s 80s etc filter buttons down the bottom , you can see i have the 2000's on
its skinable and best thing is ive finally got jukebox software that supports wifi remote control from any device that can access wifi  , i phone , i touch , lap top  , i pad , blackberry , phones etc , it is pretty good to sit out the back and pick songs on my phone  , just ordered a android 2.2 7 inch with all the accesories for 130 bucks , great value remote feature , finally found software that suits my needs and i think ive tried most of em

search feature is very good , you can see AD searched in the screenshot which includes bAD company , add another letter and it just keeps filtering like a good search engine

http://www.touchjams.com/

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 05:32:32 am by egosbar »

Luigi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2021, 11:28:40 am
  • Collecting/restoring cabs
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2012, 07:06:42 am »
I have recently changed my jukebox program from SK's to Jukebox Arcade found here - http://www.extrastrength.com/jbarcade.php

The reason for the change was that the former didn't work well with my touchscreen. I didn't mind paying for the program that I wanted, but even so, I could only find two that I was interested in - Jukebox Arcade and E-Touch. E-Touch however has too many features that I did not want to use (from what I remember, these were all internet features), and as I couldn't find a way to remove these, I decided I would not like looking at all the unused features available on the screen. So I didn't purchase a copy of it and went for the other option. I may of picked Jukebox Arcade regardless in the end though.

I made it perfect by downloading a skin provided here http://forums.hackaday.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61&start=10. This skin removed a couple of unwanted buttons ("setting" and "about"), plus a few logos, as well as increasing the size of each CD image by a very attractive amount.

+1 !!!  :applaud:

Installed it last year after playing around with some other jukeboxes. Had some things I didn't like. So I asked the author and he said that almost everything I wanted (or not) could be done within the theme-file (XML) After some time looking into it and playing around I could change it the way I needed it. You can edit, add or remove everything on the screen and the options inside the software are very powerful, too. Of course it can be controlled with a touchscreen (works great!!) but can also be controlled by keys (can be changed). It supports windows screensaver. They can be adjusted in the options. It displays covers, they have to be inside the directory with the songs, named folder.jpg

Of course, no light without shadow:

* there is no search function. All you can do is set the first letter and it displays only the artists beginning with that letter
* getting your music sorted can be very annoying. What does it do? It looks into the MP3-tags and sorts them by artists and album names. If you have (like me) let's say 5 Foreigner songs in one directory then you have to edit the tags to ONE unique album name (I use '-' instead of a name). Otherwise you might end with five different covers, if your 5 songs are from 5 different albums.

It took a while to work everything out but now it's simply great. While "shadow nr.2" is not a problem any more, the poor search function is a real pain   :-\

BUT if you can live with that...it's IMHO the best Jukebox software around :)

toeknee1973

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2017, 09:24:13 pm
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2012, 04:56:27 pm »
I actually like Touch Jams :).........very easy to use. To add/remove music,videos,karaoke and internet radio. Program is not free($50), but check out the demo.Supports second screen.

http://touchjams.com/

check out my juke..with TouchJams.......

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=118260.0
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:50:02 pm by toeknee1973 »

willybeamish

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2014, 01:59:10 pm
« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2012, 10:12:15 am »

I like this one so far..can it search online for album covers??
Currently rebuilding a PP cab and converting it to a mame cab..view the progress here http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,122815.msg1305024.html#msg1305024

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2012, 10:41:13 am »
I like this one so far..can it search online for album covers??

One note about album art, any good MP3 tagger will find (or at least ease the process of finding) album art online, but the key is that they should +insert the album art into the tags of the MP3+.

That way, once you've properly tagged all your mp3's, you just have to back them up, not the jukebox software db, whatever it might use. That's because the MP3 set (and each mp3's cooresponding tags should contain pretty much everything necessary (including art) to rebuild the juke DB, no matter what juke app you use.

VideoJukeboxPro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2012, 06:03:49 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2012, 05:58:12 am »
Video Jukebox Pro is a 100% web-based service, requiring no physical jukebox or wall units in the bar.

All videos (most in HD format) are hosted online by Youtube.

Customers choose from over 10,000 videos using any internet-connected device at the bar,
or can use their own smart phone or iPad. No queues at the jukebox. No coins required.

http://www.videojukeboxpro.com

speshialk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2013, 05:32:16 pm
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2012, 09:10:29 pm »
Has anybody found any software that looks close to the Touchtunes Virtuo.  It's a very clean UI.

If I can't find anything, I may attempt to create it, but I'd rather not.

Here is a video of what the UI looks like. Very Clean.

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2012, 01:02:43 pm »
havent seen anything like that one mate, touch jams is the best ive come across so far

looks good though

Barry Barcrest

• Offline Offline
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2013, 11:14:53 am »

:D

nipsmg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:26:06 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2013, 05:34:48 pm »
@Barry:

YAY!!!! ! :applaud:  I don't have to finish writing my jukebox software anymore!!!  (that I abandoned 3 years ago and never got back to).

Amazing!

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2021, 10:51:34 am
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2013, 01:40:03 pm »
I've downloaded SKG jukebox to replace the SK jukebox software I've been using.  The lack of a click a button turn random on / off is the only thing stopping me from using it.  SKG works very well with my ELO touchscreen.

Drakin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2022, 12:51:42 pm
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2013, 09:04:25 pm »
Anyone heard of this:->http://www.touchhits.com/

or have tried it?

Drakin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2022, 12:51:42 pm
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2013, 10:46:42 pm »
Found this just the other day if your interested:

http://www.zenpoint.org/

monkeychunkuk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2015, 10:50:05 am
Jukebox software list - Updated April 14 2007
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2013, 07:25:51 am »
Great post

Z0MBIE

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2014, 06:13:03 pm
  • Dead and loving it!
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2013, 02:12:11 pm »

Support stinks for this and is buggy on Windows 7 64 bit.

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2013, 03:04:56 pm »
Not sure if it's mentioned in this post somewhere, but the WIKI page has a great organized list of Juke software

http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Jukebox_Software

Barry Barcrest

• Offline Offline
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2013, 04:07:26 pm »

Support stinks for this and is buggy on Windows 7 64 bit.

Has some nice eye candy but that is pretty much it.

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2013, 11:24:18 am »
Ive downloaded several of the suggestions here.
Barry I like your juke software, but I didn't get to try it very long until my motherboard locked up. (This is not a problem with your software. It is in the motherboard im using for my juke build. New motherboard on the way.)
I haven't read the forum yet, but a quick question: how hard is it to design a skin?

Most of the links on here are broken.

Barry Barcrest

• Offline Offline
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2013, 06:29:59 am »
Ive downloaded several of the suggestions here.
Barry I like your juke software, but I didn't get to try it very long until my motherboard locked up. (This is not a problem with your software. It is in the motherboard im using for my juke build. New motherboard on the way.)
I haven't read the forum yet, but a quick question: how hard is it to design a skin?

Most of the links on here are broken.

Sorry only just seen this. There is an app included (Skintool) that makes most of the work drag and drop.

jdsedrue

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 02, 2014, 11:27:33 am
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2014, 05:58:05 pm »
this one is unique !
it transform ur Android devices in an old jukebox...
it create a " pdf paper songs list", you have just print it
Enter the number of the song end play !
Easy to use with guests   :applaud:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.imaginesite.jukebox

Aceisback

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2021, 07:45:41 pm
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2014, 10:14:29 pm »

I am using the trial for this and so far this is the one I am probably going to use. Works great on my WinXP and Win8 pc's. I want to give eTouch a try, but I can't download any demos at the moment as my AV is detecting a virus on downloads from the demo release forum url. Waiting for a response on their forum.

Whatever software I choose, it will be used with WinXP.

As far as only having some nice eye candy, it is so far the only one that has not crashed (due to bad filenames or tags) while loading my music library. Library loads fine and I can see which albums have issues without waiting for a crash. Looks good and works for me.

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2014, 12:21:38 am »
pretty much tried them all , touchjams to me is still the best and some nice updates been added

i love being able too look at top 100 hits that are played with touchjams software not top hits current , they show for australia , europe and america but the cool thing is it shows a green light next too the title if you have it in your library and a red one if you dont , really good for two reasons , you can play a song from that screen with a green light and if it has a red light it shows you music you might want

thumbs up for this program a lot of work has gone into it

Barry Barcrest

• Offline Offline
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2014, 10:51:01 am »
Found these...

http://djjoox.com/
http://mmmunk.dk/mmmjukebox/screenshots.asp

They Look primitive but might be of interest to some of you. I have been looking around to see if there are any new products out there but not really found anything.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 10:57:43 am by Barry Barcrest »

BAMBOO

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2016, 06:51:20 am
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2015, 09:22:09 pm »
So much software, so little time.  I have two jukeboxes in storage and have been wanting to convert them to touchscreen since about 2005, but been so busy with arcades.  Back in 2005-2006 or so, there were only 2 or 3 options as of software on the forums and I'm happy to see there are dozens now.  Cool stuff.
"Every arcade we restore preserves history that we will never experience again..."

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2015, 12:29:51 am »
I've been out of the jukebox software loop for quite some time now so forgive me if similar has been discussed.

I had a friend asking about building a jukebox for entertaining at his house...no problem...but he posed the question if it would be possible for guests to bluetooth into it with their phones and such.
For instance the jukebox would be running, selections made as usual via touchscreen and whatnot, but say someone had a particular song they wanted to share from their phone....would it be possible to incorporate syncing with outside sources like that?

Streaming the music to the pc is not so much the question, but more about having the jukebox software recognize and be interrupted while someone is streaming a song to the pc and then revert back to jukebox mode. (or something along those lines)

Of all the jukebox software discussions from before I simply don't recall any scenario like this, any insight would be appreciated.
I'm only posting this here because I see that there hasn't been very much activity on this list for some time now.
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

potts43

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2022, 08:46:50 am
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2015, 05:22:04 am »
Digital music centre from zenpoint does this