Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade/PC items for sale (Cheap desktops/laptops - Windows 10 ready)  (Read 107951 times)

dbhjed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2016, 12:15:57 pm
  • I play for the memories, not perfection
Re: Arcade/PC items for sale (Cheap desktops/laptops - Windows 10 ready)
« Reply #440 on: October 26, 2015, 10:48:03 pm »
Are you still selling the modders?

Milky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2022, 07:57:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #441 on: November 05, 2015, 06:00:31 am »
Which of these cards would be the best to go with if i were to get the modder?  I'm hoping to be able to at least run something like Golden Tee and possibly Gamecube era and down and I would like to not have to replace the PSU if possible.

1) XFX R7 250  http://www.amazon.com/XFX-1050MHz-Profile-Brackets-R7-250A-CLF4/dp/B00H5DJDL2/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1431800678&sr=8-7&keywords=r7+250

2) GeForce GT 730 2GB DDR3   http://www.amazon.com/PNY-GeForce-GDDR5-Graphics-VCGGT7301D5LXPB/dp/B00KYCTCZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431800710&sr=8-1&keywords=pny+gt+730
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:42:12 pm by Milky »

TKW4rr10r

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2017, 01:10:01 pm
  • Oh no, he's holding power tools!
    • What I'm selling / looking for:
« Reply #442 on: November 13, 2015, 01:23:58 pm »
Just a bump/update:

Yes, all options in the main post are still available. I try to get any orders from the forum out at least once a week. Unfortunately, a recent health scare from my wife (better now, thank God) and my printer dying delayed me getting orders out, but will be sending any pending out tomorrow.

Future Projects: Galaxian Anniversary, Mario VS DK, Rebirth
What I'm selling / looking for

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #443 on: November 13, 2015, 02:45:18 pm »
Received 2 portables today.  Excellent transaction and everything looks great.

Any quick feedback on the portable?  I need something that does chrome stuff for grade school children, plays minecraft and youtube. 

I've purchased before, the process is 5 out of 5. 

Bloinkxp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2020, 11:20:28 am
« Reply #444 on: November 16, 2015, 12:13:27 pm »
I have a portable.  My middle school kid does all his Google Classroom stuff in chrome on it.  It also does play Civ 4/5, Minecraft, and of course Youtube.  These are fantastic little devices.
Nothing witty here...move along.

Generic Eric

• Offline Offline
« Reply #445 on: November 16, 2015, 01:45:08 pm »
I have a portable.  My middle school kid does all his Google Classroom stuff in chrome on it.  It also does play Civ 4/5, Minecraft, and of course Youtube.  These are fantastic little devices.
Thanks for the feedback!

Milky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2022, 07:57:34 pm
« Reply #446 on: November 17, 2015, 06:31:53 am »
Just wanted to say I'm yet another happy customer!  Thanks TKW4rr10r for such a great deal and great service with these computers!

mcmiked97

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2016, 02:37:07 pm
« Reply #447 on: November 29, 2015, 10:55:55 pm »
Hi there!  I'm interested in getting a basic and a modder but I can't PM you (maybe I don't have enough posts?).  How can I order from you?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 08:55:04 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #448 on: November 29, 2015, 11:07:11 pm »
Hi there!  I'm interested in getting a basic and a modder but I can't PM you (maybe I don't have enough posts?).  How can I order from you?
Welcome aboard, Mcmiked97.   ;D

First post approved -- your PMs should be working now.

Scott

mcmiked97

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2016, 02:37:07 pm
« Reply #449 on: November 30, 2015, 08:31:50 am »
Thank you sir!

Shaz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 30, 2023, 11:18:23 am
« Reply #450 on: December 03, 2015, 01:15:46 am »
Bump to get my post count up - I'd like to get a modder

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Online Online
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #451 on: December 03, 2015, 01:26:18 am »
Bump to get my post count up - I'd like to get a modder
No need to inflate your post count.

As mentioned above, your PMs should have been enabled as soon as your first post was approved and you were upgraded to "Jr. Member".   ;D

Scott

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 01:52:39 pm
  • Waka-Waka
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146325.0.html
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #452 on: December 18, 2015, 04:10:09 am »
Another satisfied customer right here..

I took the MODDER option with 16 gigs of ram.

What I got was a Lenovo M91P.

Looked like this:

Tore it apart, put it in a new case with a GTX 960, new power supply, and a Samsung 850 EVO SSD drive.

It now looks like this:

And here is my final WEI (Windows Experience Index) score before moving to Windows 10

Overall, a HELLUVA deal for only $180+ upgrade cost.

Which of these cards would be the best to go with if i were to get the modder?  I'm hoping to be able to at least run something like Golden Tee and possibly Gamecube era and down and I would like to not have to replace the PSU if possible.

1) XFX R7 250  http://www.amazon.com/XFX-1050MHz-Profile-Brackets-R7-250A-CLF4/dp/B00H5DJDL2/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1431800678&sr=8-7&keywords=r7+250

2) GeForce GT 730 2GB DDR3   http://www.amazon.com/PNY-GeForce-GDDR5-Graphics-VCGGT7301D5LXPB/dp/B00KYCTCZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431800710&sr=8-1&keywords=pny+gt+730

To answer that question for you speaking from experience. You'll want to get the GT 730. Unless you plan on changing the case. The reason being, is the case that this PC comes in is a SFF (small form factor) case so you will need to use a low profile ready video card. The GT 730 is about the best your gonna get in that category.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:17:47 am by Phreakwars »

Generic Eric

• Offline Offline
« Reply #453 on: December 18, 2015, 09:53:58 am »
Just some quick feedback on the portable.

I checked it out for about 5 minutes.  Works fine.  It is a gift for my oldest daughter, so it's wrapped and under the tree.  Can't wait!

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Waka-Waka
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #454 on: December 19, 2015, 07:57:35 am »
Just a quick note for anybody who gets one and tosses it into another case. Right above the main power connector on the motherboard, you will see a small cable plugged in that leads to the front of the case fan. This is a thermal sensor. You will need to disconnect it from the case and use the sensor in your new case or else the CPU fan will spin on high at all times. Figured that out the hard way after I had everything hooked up and running and the damn fan seemed so loud. I checked BIOS settings, took some readings and was at a loss. Thought maybe that's just the way the fan was and that I was gonna have to order a new quieter one.. did a bit of research and found out about the sensor, so I pulled it off the old case, plugged it in, problem solved. In the new case I have it mounted just above the CPU fan with some plastic ties. That way if the CPU gets a bit warm, it will know to speed up the fans... Don't really see that ACTUALLY happening though.. The new case has 3-120mm fans, 1-140mm fan and 1 huge ass 240mm fan on the side window.  ;D

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:58:57 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #455 on: December 19, 2015, 12:05:00 pm »
Just a quick note for anybody who gets one and tosses it into another case. Right above the main power connector on the motherboard, you will see a small cable plugged in that leads to the front of the case fan. This is a thermal sensor. You will need to disconnect it from the case and use the sensor in your new case or else the CPU fan will spin on high at all times. Figured that out the hard way after I had everything hooked up and running and the damn fan seemed so loud. I checked BIOS settings, took some readings and was at a loss. Thought maybe that's just the way the fan was and that I was gonna have to order a new quieter one.. did a bit of research and found out about the sensor, so I pulled it off the old case, plugged it in, problem solved. In the new case I have it mounted just above the CPU fan with some plastic ties. That way if the CPU gets a bit warm, it will know to speed up the fans... Don't really see that ACTUALLY happening though.. The new case has 3-120mm fans, 1-140mm fan and 1 huge ass 240mm fan on the side window.  ;D
In this day and age of everyone thinking super tiny,  I'm glad to see you going balls-to-the-wall on this machine.  :cheers:
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #456 on: December 19, 2015, 01:09:17 pm »

Thanks for the heads up on this.   :notworthy:   We have been dealing with a noisy fan since transplanting the motherboard on ours.  We were going to try an upgraded fan but I can see now from your post that wouldn't have helped.   

wp34

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #457 on: December 20, 2015, 02:39:11 pm »
Thanks again Phreakwars.  My son installed that thermal sensor in the new case and the fan noise went away.  It's a Christmas miracle!

robofatcat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2017, 02:02:36 am
« Reply #458 on: December 20, 2015, 08:28:56 pm »
I need to make this post to pm

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Online Online
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #459 on: December 20, 2015, 10:09:12 pm »
I need to make this post to pm
Welcome aboard, Robofatcat.   ;D

Scott

mamecade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2016, 06:11:26 pm
« Reply #460 on: December 21, 2015, 03:30:55 pm »
Mods, please approve first post so I can PM to purchase PC

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Waka-Waka
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #461 on: December 26, 2015, 08:16:22 pm »
In this day and age of everyone thinking super tiny,  I'm glad to see you going balls-to-the-wall on this machine.  :cheers:
The computer was actually for a kid with Autism. His mom is a friend of mine back in Nebraska and doesn't really have the kind of budget it would take to buy him a gaming computer. The "modder" option was a hell of a steal at only $180 with 16 gigs of ram. She sent me the money, I ordered the PC and handled the hardware and software (Windows 10) upgrades. I did my good deed for the year and covered the cost of the new video card, case, power supply and SSD for her. He LOVES IT!!

woosdom

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2020, 12:48:51 pm
Arcade/PC items for sale (Cheap desktops/laptops - Windows 10 ready)
« Reply #462 on: December 26, 2015, 10:39:55 pm »
still loving the modder I got. added a gt 740 2gb card, and an extra HDD for my Hyperspin setup. I play Arma 3 and retro games on it.  still in the same case. I like the size of it, not too difficult to transport.

acjgoblu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 17, 2019, 06:05:32 pm
  • Newbie bartop builder
« Reply #463 on: December 27, 2015, 04:54:39 pm »
Hey TK, sent you a PM but can't tell if it went through - I'm interested in a modder system if you still have some left. Certainly no rush, hope you're enjoying the holidays with family!

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
« Reply #464 on: January 04, 2016, 09:34:46 am »
Whelp, it finally happened.

Looks like I'm finally running out of modders.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll need to do an inventory check, but until the dust settles after the current lot of orders is done this week, I'm taking them off the options list on the main post. Anyone who PM-ed me prior to this post will still be getting their modder, but I wanted to make sure this went out before anymore requests come through.

I still have portables and Basics left, and will confirm later today if the basiscs are also capable of the 16GB Ram upgrade. Now don't get me wrong, these are still great systems, especially for the price I'm giving them away for, just not as easy to transplant into other cases. Its more of a BTX style enclosure for those techy enough to know what that means.

Updates to follow soon.

brooklyn12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2023, 12:25:14 am
  • I'm obviously a beginner...
« Reply #465 on: January 04, 2016, 03:24:32 pm »
Would love to purchase one or two.  Here is my required comment to PM.
Collecting information to take over the world...by making my first machine.

chilibear13

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 30, 2016, 11:51:28 am
« Reply #466 on: January 06, 2016, 11:04:29 am »
Interested in purchasing one or two portables.  Could I please have access to PM.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #467 on: January 10, 2016, 12:12:00 am »
Did the same thing as Phreakwars. Windows Experience of 7.4

Bought this case: Thermaltake Versa H22 Special Edition Mid Tower Case - Black
http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-CA-1B3-00M1WN-00-Mid-tower-Computer-Chassis/dp/B00J0NZ6PW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452217344&sr=8-1&keywords=Thermaltake+Versa+H22+Special+Edition+Mid+Tower+Case+-+Black

Bought this hard drive as the primary: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OAJ412U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Bought two of these: Seagate 2TB Desktop HDD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST2000DM001)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005T3GRN2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

5.25" Bay accessory to connect bare drives: Kingwin Single Bay Mobile Rack for 2.5-3.5 Inches SSD and HDD (KF-255-BK)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M3WNWB2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I already have a thermaltake 680w PSU and a Radeon XFX 677X

Bootup with the ssd is awesome.
Dual 2tb mirrored as the D: drive.
The plan was to put in a USB 3 PCIe 1x card to enable the USB 3 ports on the case, but the video card covered the only PCIe 1x slot
Wasn't able to get the pinout to work for the front audio. I'll need to rekey it, if I want those to work
Also ran into an issue getting the HD activity light to work

Overall, works great.

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
« Reply #468 on: February 02, 2016, 12:07:55 pm »
-=  Update =-

I recently had to fight a bad case of pneumonia. Was out of commission for a  couple weeks. Feeling better now, so will get back to testing out remaining stock and confirming orders this week.

If you tried to reach out to me in the last couple weeks I'll be responding to PMs shortly. I did have a couple previous customers paypal me for equipment without contacting me first. DO NOT DO THIS unless I confirm an order first. I am getting lower in stock and need to confirm what I have, and nobody like actually having to give funds back.

Will update the thread with inventory soon.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:20:30 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #469 on: February 02, 2016, 02:12:24 pm »
glad to hear you are on the mend, reply to my email so I can clean out your remaining inventory :p

If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

jmcginley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2023, 12:23:40 pm
« Reply #470 on: February 03, 2016, 08:44:38 am »
Good to see you're back!

mattfl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2019, 05:08:11 pm
  • I want my own arcade controls!
« Reply #471 on: February 04, 2016, 09:25:33 am »
Since it looks like the  modders are all gone can anyone comment on the basics and how'd they be in a mame cabinet? If I threw a decent video card in there think they'd be decent enough machines? Or more importantly, can they run Golden Tee Fore! ? :)

makirules

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2016, 08:33:53 pm
« Reply #472 on: February 06, 2016, 01:59:28 pm »
I am new too and can't send PM's.  I am interested in the i5 desktops as well.  I assume these would be good for an arcade machine.  How many are available?  May be a month before I can buy one though.

abispac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 01:01:09 pm
« Reply #473 on: February 08, 2016, 10:49:11 am »
m sent  :cheers:

rawbe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 09:58:11 pm
« Reply #474 on: February 14, 2016, 09:36:32 am »
Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2016, 10:56:21 am »
Yeah just when I said I was on the mend, everyone else in the house gets sick.

It
Never
Ends
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

11 month old got it really bad (double ear infection) and had to rush him to the doctor multiple times fighting super high fevers when different antibiotics were not working. He finally got better right before this past weekend. The last few weeks have been BRUTAL. Our first born had to get tubes in his ears around 18 months, hoping we don't have the same with the little guy.

Anyway,
Anyone out there who had to take care of sick kids single handed knows I was pretty indisposed during all this chaos, so I'm taking this slow day to catch up on PMs and such. Again, DO NOT send me PAYPAL unless I confirm I can get your order done quickly so you are not waiting on me.

I'll get back to those who PM-ed me soon and will start getting orders done in the next couple days. I apologize to anyone waiting on me, it's just been a bad few weeks that I hope is now over.

Bloinkxp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2020, 11:20:28 am
« Reply #476 on: February 16, 2016, 11:14:55 am »
Yup been there.  I hope everyone gets well and stays well!

-D
Nothing witty here...move along.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #477 on: February 16, 2016, 01:20:28 pm »
106 degree fever for my oldest. Emergency room visit for us. Scary stuff. She's fine now and back to sassy.

Slippyblade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #478 on: February 16, 2016, 03:11:28 pm »
I feel ya man.  My youngest had an ear infection as an infant that came on so suddenly and thoroughly we had no idea what was happening...  right up till her eardrum popped and the goo came out her ear.  Mind you, she instantly felt better.  We were in the ER due to not fully understanding what just happened.  Luckily, antibiotics took care of the infection and infant eardrums heal with no problems.

Shaz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 30, 2023, 11:18:23 am
« Reply #479 on: February 21, 2016, 01:18:59 pm »
Another satisfied customer reporting in.
I also had the loud fan issue after I moved the board to a bigger case.  If anyone is curious to see the part you need to look for, search for Lenovo 54y9922.