Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade/PC items for sale (Cheap desktops/laptops - Windows 10 ready)  (Read 107925 times)

TKW4rr10r

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2017, 01:10:01 pm
  • Oh no, he's holding power tools!
    • What I'm selling / looking for:
Re: Arcade/PC items for sale (Cheap desktops/laptops - Windows 10 ready)
« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2016, 09:54:45 am »
I obviously spoke too soon on the feeling better part...

The baby ended up needing multiple rounds of antibiotic shots after three different oral meds didn't shake his ear infection. Then the 5 year old got sick again, then the wife, and then me for the past few days (still nowhere near 100%, but I'm powering through it).

I figure this will all be behind us just in time for allergy season  :banghead: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Anyway, I'll be responding to all PM's (for real this time, honest) today and will start getting units ready to ship for those still interested. After the dust settles from any pending orders this week, I'll update the thread on what I have left. I have quite a few Basics left, but portables may soon be out depending on how things go.

I greatly appreciate those of you who understand the situation, warmer weather can't here soon enough.

Future Projects: Galaxian Anniversary, Mario VS DK, Rebirth
What I'm selling / looking for

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
« Reply #481 on: February 24, 2016, 10:46:15 am »
OK, just got done going through PMs, so if you did PM me but did not get a response, please message me so I do not forget anyone.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #482 on: February 24, 2016, 11:28:33 am »
Hope everyone is on the mend!
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #483 on: February 26, 2016, 02:58:27 pm »
what is your preferred method of contact? Post here, PM here, the gmail address I have on file?

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:01:09 pm
« Reply #484 on: February 29, 2016, 12:09:03 am »
i guess hes into trouble again, hope everything itsok, but ive been waiting for him for days now.

stpcore

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2019, 05:48:56 pm
« Reply #485 on: March 03, 2016, 09:57:20 am »
I hope everything is OK as I've been trying to purchase 2 basics for over a month. When health issues arise that has to be priority #1. I've purchased from him in the past and can say with confidence that he is a reputable seller.
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
« Reply #486 on: March 05, 2016, 11:12:52 am »
It's an ongoing fight when dealing with young kids being sick. I joked to co-workers this would subside just in time for allergy season, and it looks to be that case. Apparently it's been a rough season for many, not sure what was different this winter.

I didn't want to commit to orders until I knew I could send things out. I've spent any free time I could muster this week getting a bunch of basics and portables prepped and ready to ship. Now I'll be going back and responding to requests in order of contact on getting these out on Monday. I'm only committing to the quantity I know I can ship out Monday, so if you don't hear from me today you'll hear from me early next week on the next round.

To answer the above question, I prefer PMs as they can be better organized and handled. And they are permanent, not that I had to deal too much with anyone playing shenanigans. I don't check the thread as often so orders shouldn't be placed here.

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
« Reply #487 on: March 07, 2016, 11:10:29 am »
Those that reached out to me from the last post till now will be getting tracking #s via PM today and these will get shipped out this afternoon.

That aside, between repairs and having the appropriate spares, I am OUT of the standard model portables. I'll be updating the main post shortly. Anyone who placed a request with me prior to today's date is still guaranteed a portable, as long as I get payment within a week from when I confirm their order. Then any stock is up for grabs if I have any left.

Again - anyone that asked for a portable prior to this date will be getting a portable.
BUT, there may be a few that actually get a free upgrade. I do have a newer model portable in very limited quantities (limited enough that I wasn't sure if I would sell them here in the thread). And it's not fair to those waiting on me to pay more, because I didn't know my available stock.

HOWEVER, I'm freezing any further requests for portables until the dust settles with me catching up on requests. Once I'm ready to sell the remaining stock, I'll post with which model I have and the quantity left. A couple of you out there already know what this model is and know I'll most likely be selling them for $150 shipped once I'm ready.

Still have plenty of Basics, so no freeze on those.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2016, 11:11:52 am »
Those that reached out to me from the last post till now will be getting tracking #s via PM today and these will get shipped out this afternoon.

That aside, between repairs and having the appropriate spares, I am OUT of the standard model portables. I'll be updating the main post shortly. Anyone who placed a request with me prior to today's date is still guaranteed a portable, as long as I get payment within a week from when I confirm their order. Then any stock is up for grabs if I have any left.

Again - anyone that asked for a portable prior to this date will be getting a portable.
BUT, there may be a few that actually get a free upgrade. I do have a newer model portable in very limited quantities (limited enough that I wasn't sure if I would sell them here in the thread). And it's not fair to those waiting on me to pay more, because I didn't know my available stock.

HOWEVER, I'm freezing any further requests for portables until the dust settles with me catching up on requests. Once I'm ready to sell the remaining stock, I'll post with which model I have and the quantity left. A couple of you out there already know what this model is and know I'll most likely be selling them for $150 shipped once I'm ready.

Still have plenty of Basics, so no freeze on those.

Thanks for doing this, man! I sent payment this weekend and look forward to tooling around with my Portable soon.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

abispac

• Offline Offline
I sent you a couple of pms after i got yours but noresponce, hope everything its ok

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
I asked about 2 portables via email, not sure if they counted :)

abispac

• Offline Offline
im not sure if i want to do this anymore i barely get any response, im afraid ill paypal the money and i will take foreverto get the goods

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
He PMed me Friday, I paid him Sunday, got my tracking number the next day. Once he tells you you're up, you should be fine.

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
I asked about 2 portables via email, not sure if they counted :)

No worries I'll take care of you. After all the chaos I was going back to PMs. PM me which you were interested in and I'll have yours out in the next round.

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
im not sure if i want to do this anymore i barely get any response, im afraid ill paypal the money and i will take foreverto get the goods

You PM-ed me multiple times before these posts that you wouldn't be able to pay me until next Friday, so which is it? I already said I'm holding these for you whenever you can make payment, no rush. Not sure what else needs to be said. By date of contact you were in the first round of orders I worked on, so I'm upholding what you requested. They are ready to go when you are.

If you change your mind let me know, no hard feelings. I have another round of people waiting for me to start on their orders so if you don't want these I can reallocate.

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
He PMed me Friday, I paid him Sunday, got my tracking number the next day. Once he tells you you're up, you should be fine.

Thanks yotsuya. :cheers:
 Don't know how much more transparent and open I can be on these things. Life happens and this isn't my day gig, so if I'm busy I'm not going to start taking people's money if I can't get items out quickly. I have enough stress as it is. That's why I've stated here multiple times to those that already have my info - DO NOT - send me paypal unless I told you to do so.

Anyone who paid in the first round got tracking #s soon after. And after a couple all-nighters taking care of emergencies for work I delivered all the boxes to UPS today myself. (They were not going to come by for pickup until Friday and that was not going to work for me).

And again, anyone who reached out to me before I removed the portables as an option will still get a portable at the old price. The fairest ting I can do is reach out to people in the order they PM-ed me and if anyone pulls out or doesn't respond, stock will get shifted accordingly.

I know there's a few of you that haven't heard back from me yet, and that's because you are in the 2nd wave as stated before. Give me time to breathe and get more stock ready to ship and I should be ready to confirm orders early next week. Once I'm caught up I'll post what model portables I have left and pricing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 01:13:15 pm by TKW4rr10r »

abispac

• Offline Offline
ok so that means i can pay you for the 5 portables this fryday?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
PMed!  thanks in advance bro!

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band

You PM-ed me multiple times before these posts that you wouldn't be able to pay me until next Friday, so which is it?

lol pwnt.  Another one for the bozo bin.

abispac

• Offline Offline
i gues there is confusion here, i got a pm from you asking me to pay for the 5 laptops, but since it was a long time i only had enough to pay for 2, thats why i asked you to waitt for me till thisnext friday, however i never got a response back with either a yes or no, thats why i wasnt sure if icould paypal you themoney this friday or not, but if you still up to, i can go ahead and send you the money on friday no problem at all. I was just expecting a clear answer.  :cheers:

abispac

• Offline Offline

You PM-ed me multiple times before these posts that you wouldn't be able to pay me until next Friday, so which is it? I already said I'm holding these for you whenever you can make payment, no rush. Not sure what else needs to be said. By date of contact you were in the first round of orders I worked on, so I'm upholding what you requested. They are ready to go when you are.

If you change your mind let me know, no hard feelings. I have another round of people waiting for me to start on their orders so if you don't want these I can reallocate.
sorry i didnt saw this one, i  actually never got your pm stating that youwould holdmi order, but ill payyou on friday thanks and sorry for the incovinience.

abispac

• Offline Offline
Payment sent ,sorry for the confusion, and thanks alot.

jmcginley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2023, 12:23:40 pm
Got my portable on Friday. Very quick transaction and mailing time. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:03:26 pm by jmcginley »

chilibear13

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 30, 2016, 11:51:28 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I've been waiting for a portable since the beginning of January, but I have yet to receive the "payment pm."  I'm not sure where I stand in line.  Just curious how long has everyone else been waiting.  Not that I'm in any rush...just wanted to know that at least I'm in line.

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:02:12 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I just received a basic.
I bought a modder about this time last yr also.

Both times I had a tracking number within a day of paying & both times they came so fast I had no idea what they were until I read the box because I wasn't expecting them for another week.

abispac

• Offline Offline
im still waitingon mines :)  :cheers:

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
Mine got delayed because of the weather, but it showed up Wednesday. Be patient.

abispac

• Offline Offline
Well i dont mind the timeframe on delivery as they are really good to be true deals, and everyone here seems to back up this guys reputation wich is good, plus i know im covered with paypal, but it really gets me down the lack of responce to the private mesages, i have sent him a couple of them and so far no responce, hope everything is ok on his side.  :cheers:

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
Abispac's is sent out. I'll be reaching out to peeps on the next wave of shipment this evening. Took time to hunt down and kill the doofus that trashed all my packing supplies. No excuse for delay but wanted to be sure I can pack everything up properly.

I'll get the next wave out within the next couple days and regroup to post remaining stock. At that time I'll start taking orders on any remaining potables.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
Abispac's is sent out. I'll be reaching out to peeps on the next wave of shipment this evening. Took time to hunt down and kill the doofus that trashed all my packing supplies. No excuse for delay but wanted to be sure I can pack everything up properly.

I'll get the next wave out within the next couple days and regroup to post remaining stock. At that time I'll start taking orders on any remaining potables.

I did reply to your PM, just waiting on pricing

abispac

• Offline Offline
Ok so im gonna give my review so far on my experince on this great deal.

#1.- After i got the portables i felt a bit desapointed due to the fact that i didnt did much research on this and once i gt the laptops, i got 5 t410 lenovos, wich i can easy buy for 90dlls of ebay with more ram on some or more harddrive space , but that was my mistake fr not doing research first.

#2.- Not sure if TKW4rr10r knows, but the battery on this laptops are damaged, at least on mines are,they dont last more than 20 minutes with full charge.

Far from that, the laptops run good, they run mame ok, taito type x dosnt work. Shipping and handling took way to much time and poor mesage responce for a good sale. Thanks And i wont be buyig again.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
***shakes head***

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
Whelp, I guess it's my fault for assuming any issues people would have with their machine would be brought to my attention via PM in/or addition to the thread. It's not like I've haven't said in the main post and many times throughout the thread to reach out to me via PM, as being EXTREMELY busy I'm more reliant on e-mail notifications via PM then checking here.  :banghead:

I think its reasonable to assume when purchasing older laptops that the batteries are of the same age unless otherwise stated. While I test the machines when setting them up, I really don't have the several hours per unit to spend going through a full charge cycle/discharge cycle. I do however verify the batteries are fully changed and confirm in Lenovo's own software the battery health and capacity (I toss any that have a 'fair' or lower rating and keep 'good/green' units in outgoing shipments). This software remains on any unit going out to check for yourself, BTW.

That is not to say that sometimes batteries degrade or drop their charge, since again, these are not new machines. I've already worked with members in the past shipping out replacement batteries or whole units if something happens either during shipment or soon after purchase. I'm sure a few here can attest to me making sure anyone who buys from me is taken care of, within reason (sorry if your laptop dies 2 years from now, not my problem ;) ). But that was when I was reached appropriately via PM, go fig. So I'm not loosing sleep with anyone wanting to bring negativity just to the thread, I got enough drama on my plate as it is.

It IS MY FAULT, however, that I have not been in constant update / communication status here. I can repeat that this isn't my 9-5, trying to do this in my non-existent spare time, blah blah blah. Add in I'm getting things in order for my one year old going into surgery next month (not getting into details here sorry don't ask) and my head has been on a constant swivel. I honestly thought things were dead not getting any PMs and didn't bother checking in here so that's my bad.

So..... besides venting I'll use this post to state I'm reaching out to anyone that PM-ed me recently asking for stock updates and update with I found some more portables if anyone is interested.  Just my luck, I gave a few people free upgrades to a newer model last round, thinking I ran out of the T410s, just to find them hiding recently  :angry:.  No changes other than I can only send ONE power adapter per unit going forward, since I'm running really low on stock. Still have plenty of basics, as well.

I'll just close out the rant by saying: anyone wanting a unit shipped to them next day after first contact, yeah look elsewhere. I don't ask for payment until I have them ready to go out the door and if UPS ground is too slow for you, shop amazon prime. Pay 2X+ times the price while you're there, too. For those of you who understand sometimes life gets nuts and family comes first, I appreciate you  :cheers: I'll be the first to admit I need to do better on comms and will continue to do what I can to get cheap equipment in the hands of bros here in a more timely manner in the mean time.

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
« Reply #513 on: April 23, 2016, 12:39:23 pm »
Forgot one more thing - link to thread below:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150490.0.html

I had to cancel a planned trip to the northeast next week for a yearly event called cigarfest, and have not been able to find anyone locally interested in making the trip.

http://www.cigarfest.org/
It's a pretty awesome event, and you'll leave there with bags of swag and over a hundred cigars. Well worth the price of admission and I've been there about 4 times now. But family needs me here during that time.
If anyone in the area is interested please let me know. I have a Saturday admission ticket, and the event polo and hat that gets you even more goodies when you show up. I'm looking to sell them at cost and will include overnight shipping once payment is verified. I'll sell just the ticket if it comes to it, but you really get a LOT more when arriving if you bring those, too.

First one to PM me and do Paypal gets it. I would really hate to see this not get used. Thanks in advance.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
Whelp, I guess it's my fault for assuming any issues people would have with their machine would be brought to my attention via PM in/or addition to the thread. It's not like I've haven't said in the main post and many times throughout the thread to reach out to me via PM, as being EXTREMELY busy I'm more reliant on e-mail notifications via PM then checking here.  :banghead:

I think its reasonable to assume when purchasing older laptops that the batteries are of the same age unless otherwise stated. While I test the machines when setting them up, I really don't have the several hours per unit to spend going through a full charge cycle/discharge cycle. I do however verify the batteries are fully changed and confirm in Lenovo's own software the battery health and capacity (I toss any that have a 'fair' or lower rating and keep 'good/green' units in outgoing shipments). This software remains on any unit going out to check for yourself, BTW.

That is not to say that sometimes batteries degrade or drop their charge, since again, these are not new machines. I've already worked with members in the past shipping out replacement batteries or whole units if something happens either during shipment or soon after purchase. I'm sure a few here can attest to me making sure anyone who buys from me is taken care of, within reason (sorry if your laptop dies 2 years from now, not my problem ;) ). But that was when I was reached appropriately via PM, go fig. So I'm not loosing sleep with anyone wanting to bring negativity just to the thread, I got enough drama on my plate as it is.

It IS MY FAULT, however, that I have not been in constant update / communication status here. I can repeat that this isn't my 9-5, trying to do this in my non-existent spare time, blah blah blah. Add in I'm getting things in order for my one year old going into surgery next month (not getting into details here sorry don't ask) and my head has been on a constant swivel. I honestly thought things were dead not getting any PMs and didn't bother checking in here so that's my bad.

So..... besides venting I'll use this post to state I'm reaching out to anyone that PM-ed me recently asking for stock updates and update with I found some more portables if anyone is interested.  Just my luck, I gave a few people free upgrades to a newer model last round, thinking I ran out of the T410s, just to find them hiding recently  :angry:.  No changes other than I can only send ONE power adapter per unit going forward, since I'm running really low on stock. Still have plenty of basics, as well.

I'll just close out the rant by saying: anyone wanting a unit shipped to them next day after first contact, yeah look elsewhere. I don't ask for payment until I have them ready to go out the door and if UPS ground is too slow for you, shop amazon prime. Pay 2X+ times the price while you're there, too. For those of you who understand sometimes life gets nuts and family comes first, I appreciate you  :cheers: I'll be the first to admit I need to do better on comms and will continue to do what I can to get cheap equipment in the hands of bros here in a more timely manner in the mean time.

I love the machine I bought from you. I took it to ZapCon and used it with my EPROM burner to burn freeplay EPROMS for two Donkey Kong Jr boards right there on the show floor. It's been more than handy. I know my daughter is grateful for the one she got off you too. It's perfect for her school needs, and she saved $400-$500 easily.

I wouldn't make too much of the "complaints", they seem to come from people with unrealistic expectations.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #515 on: April 23, 2016, 02:32:42 pm »
No complaints from me as well. I've purchased a total of 4 machines. I understood the risks and as luck would have it all mine are performing well.

I know what kind of work is involved with coordinating something like this, so if there were any issues - I'd understand.

SlammedNiss

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 06:44:54 pm
  • Mine Drags the Ground!
« Reply #516 on: April 23, 2016, 03:02:56 pm »
Any chance you sell Win7 COA's? If so, how much?
Need arcade button decals? Click Here!

TKW4rr10r

• Offline Offline
« Reply #517 on: April 23, 2016, 03:27:05 pm »
I love the machine I bought from you. I took it to ZapCon and used it with my EPROM burner to burn freeplay EPROMS for two Donkey Kong Jr boards right there on the show floor. It's been more than handy. I know my daughter is grateful for the one she got off you too. It's perfect for her school needs, and she saved $400-$500 easily.

I wouldn't make too much of the "complaints", they seem to come from people with unrealistic expectations.

I appreciate it, thanks man. Truthfully, if I didn't have to worry about the stuff on my plate and the 9-5, I'd have PCs arriving at people's doors by the time they clicked "post". Well, not really, you know where I'm getting at. But I've learned the hard way people just don't know what goes into refurbishing something like a PC and getting it out the door shipped for the prices I'm offering. Especially the time invested. I try not to get jaded and a few times I wanted to just say f-it. But during times like when my wife was out of work it was a blessing to have the buffer this offered. I started at first to have this fund the hobby and at times it was just to help ourselves or some friends survive. So I try to stay as appreciative for those that think of me when needing an order, as they are for me still doing the service. I will however, breathe a heavy sigh of relief when I finally get rid of the rest of this pile.

Dude if you need 1 or 2 just PM me. During this I've come across a few machines I wouldn't / couldn't sell so I can pull some codes for you.

SlammedNiss

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 06:44:54 pm
  • Mine Drags the Ground!
« Reply #518 on: April 23, 2016, 11:55:30 pm »
I appreciate it, thanks man. Truthfully, if I didn't have to worry about the stuff on my plate and the 9-5, I'd have PCs arriving at people's doors by the time they clicked "post". Well, not really, you know where I'm getting at. But I've learned the hard way people just don't know what goes into refurbishing something like a PC and getting it out the door shipped for the prices I'm offering. Especially the time invested. I try not to get jaded and a few times I wanted to just say f-it. But during times like when my wife was out of work it was a blessing to have the buffer this offered. I started at first to have this fund the hobby and at times it was just to help ourselves or some friends survive. So I try to stay as appreciative for those that think of me when needing an order, as they are for me still doing the service. I will however, breathe a heavy sigh of relief when I finally get rid of the rest of this pile.

Dude if you need 1 or 2 just PM me. During this I've come across a few machines I wouldn't / couldn't sell so I can pull some codes for you.

I can't imagine you're making a whole helluva lot doing this, as the cost to ship something the size/weight of a PC is ridiculous these days. I know many people appreciate the effort and service though. I was going to buy an i5 modder from you for a new PC for the parents, but unfortunately you didn't have them in stock so I ended up just building them a cheap AMD model. Also, I completely understand having the income as a buffer too. I'm on permanent disability from a motorcycle accident in 2009 that left me paraplegic. The button decals I sell linked in my sig, while I don't make a ton of $$ off of, helps out more than people think and adds up.

PM sent regarding the COA's.
Need arcade button decals? Click Here!

Haloman800

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2020, 12:40:00 am
  • Awfully Awesome
« Reply #519 on: April 25, 2016, 03:36:37 pm »
Regarding your basic PC build, does it support booting with a keystroke? (As in, I don't have to press the power button).