Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DC: Shenmue II imports  (Read 3204 times)

jerryjanis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2023, 01:56:44 am
  • Skate or Die!!!
    • Jake's Joystick
DC: Shenmue II imports
« on: November 16, 2003, 02:26:41 pm »
I don't speak Japanese - would I be able to play the Japanese version?  They seem more readily available than the European version.

For the European version I would need to solve the PAL mode problem.  What about the Japanese version?  How would I get these imports to play on my USA DC?  

Thanks.  I guess I caught the Shenmue bug - bizarre game.  It was like a week-long movie that adds barely enough interaction to keep me from getting bored, and keep me waiting to see what happens next.  The graphics and the work that went into it really show.  Without that the game would be awful (much worse than a bad Dragon's Lair ripoff), but it's really a pleasure to see what they did with the Dreamcast.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 02:32:08 pm by jerryjanis »

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
Re:DC: Shenmue II imports
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 05:37:02 pm »
I don't speak Japanese - would I be able to play the Japanese version?  They seem more readily available than the European version.

For the European version I would need to solve the PAL mode problem.  What about the Japanese version?  How would I get these imports to play on my USA DC?  

You can burn a boot disc to run imports or get a gameshark cd.
The boot disc would be easier,its only like 2mb and its not illegal or anything(bah,dc is dead so it dont matter anyway).

CthulhuLuke

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2024, 06:42:43 pm
  • old school
    • CthulhuLuke's Arcade Parodius
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 06:13:09 pm »
What my brother did to play the European version of Shenmue II for his dreamcast was to buy a Code Replay Game Loader from like Electronics Boutique or somewhere like that.  They are usually around 5-10 bucks, and will switch 50hz games to 60hz if they are not burned games, which is perfect since Shenmue II is a pal game.  If you somehow found it online, I'm pretty sure it comes with a 50hz/60hz patch so you wouldnt have to worry bout that, but good luck finding a 3CD dreamcast game anymore.
         -Chu

jerryjanis

• Offline Offline
  • Skate or Die!!!
    • Jake's Joystick
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 08:42:58 pm »
Cool, thanks guys.

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 10:39:45 am »
I tried the hacked version and it ran fine... but I'm running on VGA...

I was impressed with the graphics... but haven't got past the third zone...

but adding an adventure game to an arcade was only to see what the graphics everyone talked about... pretty good... but I didn't get to the gameplay...

jerryjanis

• Offline Offline
  • Skate or Die!!!
    • Jake's Joystick
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 11:48:07 am »
Yeah - you definetly gotta be sitting in a lazy boy/laying on the couch for this one.