Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

Megatouch Wall Of Shame

(1/4) > >>

smartbomb2084:
Gathered up some of the older 'Boat Anchors' laying around the building...

As Dr. Mc Coy would say... "He's DEAD Jim"

ed12:
i have about 20 of them
13 running the rest in different states,
1 thing i do though if the monitor is good
is re-use them as a vrock juke box,ppl love them

ed

bleargh:
Holy crow... you guys got a pile of machines sitting there...   :o

Any chance either of you have a spare ISA Riser Board for a Telco 486 board out of a Megatouch XL?

I picked up this XL a few years back and can only get it to start up if I plug the IO board straight into the motherboard.  If I use the riser board, doesn't start up.  But, can't close the case with the IO board sticking straight out the back, so I've been trying to find a Telco Riser Board (with no luck so far).

Any chance either of you have a spare one?

mahkeymike:
I convert the front bezel's to fit 15 inch LCD's.

bleargh:

--- Quote from: bleargh on August 13, 2013, 12:27:26 pm ---I picked up this XL a few years back and can only get it to start up if I plug the IO board straight into the motherboard.  If I use the riser board, doesn't start up.  But, can't close the case with the IO board sticking straight out the back, so I've been trying to find a Telco Riser Board (with no luck so far).

--- End quote ---

Ha, laughs on me...

Pulled the IO board out, gave the connectors on both the IO Board and the Riser Board a light sanding w/600 grit, wiped them clean w/naptha, plugged them back in, and it started.

Now tells me that I've got an "Invalid Key", but that's a whole lot farther along than I was earlier.  Crap... and to think this has been sitting here next to my desk for ~2yrs and all I needed was to clean off the bloody connectors.  Sigh...

Well, now I need to sort out what's wrong with the CD/Key I've got here, but I'll figure that out when I'm back from vacation at the end of the month.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version