Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: help got a hyperball and problems with score display  (Read 1893 times)

GMZombie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2022, 10:11:23 am
  • I am a living Legend who fixes stuff... mostly
help got a hyperball and problems with score display
« on: August 11, 2013, 06:27:29 pm »
So ihave a a hyperball machine that I have a problem with the score and info displays. All of them are not displaying all of the digits and letters. Its weird cause they kind of flicker a bit on the numbers of the score and when the name hyperball comes up on the Playfield it is missing letters. When I hooked it back up from moving it to my house it worked fine for like 5 mins. Then it started to flicker and disappear. I've changed the power supply and the game works fine just displays not working right.

GMZombie

• Offline Offline
Re: help got a hyperball and problems with score display
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 11:14:05 pm »
i think i have an idea of where to start as i was looking at the manual and it has schematics of the cpu board and there is a place where the wires hook up for the bcd display and another display output. possible just a bad solder joint which im hoping for.

smartbomb2084

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 03:14:53 pm
  • Having a SMART phone will make you DUMB.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 08:28:09 am »
If its not the connectors.. it could be you High Voltage Power Supply.

If not the supply then the glass display itself is bad.

I just had this problem on the Player 4 display on the STARS game I am working on.

Segment 'D' would initially come on bright and then flicker after a minute or two...very frustrating.

GMZombie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 07:37:33 pm »
I havent gotten a chance to recheck it but all 3 displays are acting up so i doubt they all went out at the same time..but it is a hyperball so u never know..lol

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 11:00:54 am »

That sonds very very much like a connector/header issue.  The displays in that game are daisy chained for the most part.  Resolder the headers on all of the displays and repin all of the connectors.  Do it on the driver board, too.  That should take care of this.