Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: THE ARCADE SHOP at GAMEROOM DESIGNS - Arcade Systems, Kits, Parts & Accessories  (Read 242587 times)

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html

I guess my tastes suck...Titan seems to be the fave.... :dunno

Naw, I'm with you on that one as well.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

macattack

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2018, 05:35:16 pm
  • Cabinet builder to the stars!
nice work. Being able to supply within Canada is huge. I know its been costly for a number of people in Canada that I have supplied pincabs for.

For me the Titan out of those is my favorite. Working on a similar designed bartop based off the fullsize arcades I am producing for an Ohio based customer. Love the shape.

Pm me for custom cnc needs...

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
Nice pinball prototype... Question, if you start dipping into bigger kits like this, wont shipping eat you alive? I figured the purpose of flat packs was small and fairly light, that complete kits looks heavy and huge... You may have it figured out, but just wondering how you would offer a competitive price?

That's a good question. I've seen similar pinball kits being offered for $450 and up, and that doesn't include shipping. I can produce my kit for a lot less (more importantly, I could sell it for a lot less) and still have a fair profit.

I had worked for Canada's largest courier for over thirteen years, so I can tell you that without committing to shipping large volumes - near impossible for this business model - everybody will be in the same boat. That means, everybody will have similar shipping costs to get the package from point A to point B.

Are pinball kits going to be more expensive? Yes, undoubtedly. My aim is to produce them - all of my kits, for that matter - at a competitive price that is still profitable, to help those who can't (or don't want to) create their own from scratch. They'll determine on their own whether or not the shipping cost is worth it.

rablack97

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2022, 06:50:10 pm
  • If you don't try, you have no chance at innovation
nice work. Being able to supply within Canada is huge. I know its been costly for a number of people in Canada that I have supplied pincabs for.

For me the Titan out of those is my favorite. Working on a similar designed bartop based off the fullsize arcades I am producing for an Ohio based customer. Love the shape.

Well i'll be damned, there is it again...

Nice pinball prototype... Question, if you start dipping into bigger kits like this, wont shipping eat you alive? I figured the purpose of flat packs was small and fairly light, that complete kits looks heavy and huge... You may have it figured out, but just wondering how you would offer a competitive price?

That's a good question. I've seen similar pinball kits being offered for $450 and up, and that doesn't include shipping. I can produce my kit for a lot less (more importantly, I could sell it for a lot less) and still have a fair profit.

I had worked for Canada's largest courier for over thirteen years, so I can tell you that without committing to shipping large volumes - near impossible for this business model - everybody will be in the same boat. That means, everybody will have similar shipping costs to get the package from point A to point B.

Are pinball kits going to be more expensive? Yes, undoubtedly. My aim is to produce them - all of my kits, for that matter - at a competitive price that is still profitable, to help those who can't (or don't want to) create their own from scratch. They'll determine on their own whether or not the shipping cost is worth it.

gotcha, nice explanation  :cheers:

Mamezilla

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 05:37:24 am
Very interesting subject. Any updates on this project ?  Being from Canada myself, I'd be interested in a bartop that would not require paying custom duties and charges because it shipped from the States

Another interest I'd have would be on a virtual pinball cabinet (that you seem to have plans for), however I'd be more interested on a 2/3 size cabinet using a 32" for playfield (like the DigiPin made by Swaffar, which is in the "Projects announcements" section of this forum), because there wouldn't be enough room in my basement for a bigger one.  I could always try to make one by myself, but my woodworking skills are mediocre, I haven't have either the place or the tools needed for big wood cutting, and I'm currently recuperating from surgery which doesn't allow me to lift more than 10 pounds.  So I'm watching this topic with great interest.

Thanks.
Don't throw rocks to a man with a machine gun
-- Rowdy Roddy Piper --

Rick

• Offline Offline
Very interesting subject. Any updates on this project ?  Being from Canada myself, I'd be interested in a bartop that would not require paying custom duties and charges because it shipped from the States.

I'm currently finalizing plans (always seems to be the case!) and have just finalized a work arrangement with my CNC shop, so I'm hopeful to have a working prototype cut very soon! (I personally wouldn't want to buy something I haven't seen 'physically assembled', and I don't want to pre-sell them without doing the same.)

While it seems I keep apologizing, and saying "soon", that's where I'm at right now!

Another interest I'd have would be on a virtual pinball cabinet (that you seem to have plans for), however I'd be more interested on a 2/3 size cabinet using a 32" for playfield (like the DigiPin made by Swaffar, which is in the "Projects announcements" section of this forum), because there wouldn't be enough room in my basement for a bigger one.  I could always try to make one by myself, but my woodworking skills are mediocre, I haven't have either the place or the tools needed for big wood cutting, and I'm currently recuperating from surgery which doesn't allow me to lift more than 10 pounds.  So I'm watching this topic with great interest.

I will make do some investigation regarding TV sizes (playfield and backbox) and make some modifications to create a new "mini-pin" configuration. As long as there's interest (which you count as being interested, so there's that!) then I'm all for opening the floodgates on new and different projects.

In the interim, if there are any questions, please let me know! I'm happy to answer them. This project is active!

Mamezilla

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the update Rick, I'll keep watching
-- Rowdy Roddy Piper --

XxSparkyxX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2023, 06:52:30 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Any interest in making something like this? I like the looks of these

Rick

• Offline Offline

Damn it!

:D

Yes. I watched the guy's YouTube video about that, and was considering that for a future build. I too like the small form factor of the beast, and considering it would be ultimately portable, I can see fantastic applications for a simple design. (Portable mini-pin, anyone?)

So, yes. Yes, yes and yes.

XxSparkyxX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2023, 06:52:30 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!

Damn it!

Yes. I watched the guy's YouTube video about that, and was considering that for a future build. I too like the small form factor of the beast, and considering it would be ultimately portable, I can see fantastic applications for a simple design. (Portable mini-pin, anyone?)

So, yes. Yes, yes and yes.
I saw that same video! That was a really cool set up

Rick

• Offline Offline
Final designs are UP! I've sent them in to the CNC shop for final testing, but hope to see some sawdust next week... That means, I have pricing to work on for both the cabinets and shipping, but hope to complete that soon.

Here's what I have thus far:

THE GALAXY - inspired by the sleek lines of cabinets that held the likes of Galaga and Pac Man, the look is retro and timeless.

THE TITAN - with a simple viewing area, and inspired by the Taito cabinets of days gone by.

THE THUNDER - with looks inspired by the cabinet that housed Tempest, and the added functionality of the customizable admin panel.

THE CONTENDER - with the classic lines inspired by Nintendo cabinets that housed favourites such as Donkey Kong.

Each of my bartop designs have integrated 1/4" slots carved into them to support easy installation of plexi for playfield glass and marquees. All of the control panels can be customized to your specifications at time of order. Standard offerings are blank, straight "fighter" style and offset button styles. Each control panel (except for the "Contender" model) offer curved fronts. Every cabinet comes with mounts to support standard 75mm and 100mm VESA compatible monitor formats.

WIDEBODY PINBALL CABINET - supports up to a 46" flat-screen monitor for the playfield (please note: 42" flat-screens should fit without any modification to the playfield case, but 46" flat-screens will likely require the use of power tools to modify the case slightly), 29" flat-screen monitor for the backglass (not 32", as previously stated - apologies), and 24" flat-screen monitor for DMD. (There is a hole between the backbox and the main body, so horizontal or vertical monitor mounting can be accommodated.

I should have one of each of these prototypes ready for next week, and pricing information will follow soon. I will update the first post with all of the most current information as soon as it's all together.

Thank you to everybody who has supported me in this idea, and have been my inspiration to continue. I'm excited to bring high quality, low cost arcade cabinets to the Canadian market.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:37:03 pm by Rick »

Mamezilla

• Offline Offline
Great news !  Looking forward to this !   :applaud:
(and my offer still stands...)   ;D
-- Rowdy Roddy Piper --

TKW4rr10r

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2017, 01:10:01 pm
  • Oh no, he's holding power tools!
    • What I'm selling / looking for:
I-N-S-A-N-E

(But what's up with the no marquee on the mini-nintendo? Is the model missing a piece?)

You need to update your original post with these designs once you have pricing.

You also need to trade your Nintendo bartop designs for our favorite US based designer's Atari plans, if he hasn't shared them already  ;)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 11:19:53 pm by TKW4rr10r »

Future Projects: Galaxian Anniversary, Mario VS DK, Rebirth
What I'm selling / looking for

Rick

• Offline Offline

Thank you, thank you! And I will most certainly take you up on your generous offer. Let me know which of the designs you would like, and you shall be the proud owner of "0001" of said model!

I-N-S-A-N-E  (But what's up with the no marquee on the mini-nintendo? Is the model missing a piece?)

Good eye! Yes, I did in fact miss that until you mentioned it. I had originally went with the idea of having the two plexis 'meet' with a small runner of plastic in between, however, I forgot to remember that the actual lighting would glare too much on the screen below! That will be fixed before the orders go in. Thanks!

You need to update your original post with these designs once you have pricing. You also need to trade your Nintendo bartop designs for our favorite US based designer's Atari plans, if he hasn't shared them already  ;)

Will do, and already done!

CoryBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 21, 2023, 07:12:25 pm
  • Bopity Boopy
Awww....so many nice things were said about me in the first page......

-------------

Loving the work Rick man, I didn't know you were this deep in the game when you sent that PM. To be frank though I am not a fan of any of the bartop designs.....sorry. The Pinball cabinet is quite badass though, a Mini version would be kick ass that could fit like a 24" LCD screen.

The Titan does have some similarities to my bartops but yours is bigger and much more blocky than mine. Also, most of mine were two player...so I win!

Subscribed! :cheers:

macattack

• Offline Offline
Custom Bartop, Arcade and Pinball Cabinets (Coming Soon) - GTA, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2013, 07:29:01 am »
Looking good. So on your pin design, have you exceeded the widebody width so you need a custom lockbar? Or are you stating it will take a 46" if you slot the inside?

Also on the backbox, how much taller have you made it to accommodate a 32 and 24 given a 29 and 15.6 is pushing it within the confines of a std Williams backbox.

Certainly great news for those in Canada given the import cost of the last few I shipped.

Mamezilla

• Offline Offline

Thank you, thank you! And I will most certainly take you up on your generous offer. Let me know which of the designs you would like, and you shall be the proud owner of "0001" of said model!

Oh boy...  That's a tough one since each one is a beauty by itself. You  sure did "make it right", to quote a famous contractor from your area whose tv shows I love...  I like the little details like the speaker hole on the front of the control panel on the Contender. 

My favorite one is the Titan.  Since I'm more a "classics" player, I would only put one joystick (I have a Mag-Stik sleeping somewhere in my basement), 2 buttons and if possible a 2 1/4" trackball (for Centipede and such), if possible.

Keep up the great work Rick ! 
-- Rowdy Roddy Piper --

Rick

• Offline Offline
Looking good. So on your pin design, have you exceeded the widebody width so you need a custom lockbar? Or are you stating it will take a 46" if you slot the inside?

I just rechecked my numbers, and I'm glad that I did. (Thank you!) A Williams' Widebody is reported to be 630mm across the front, which is 24.8". When I rechecked my model, it is only 24.5"... That .3" makes a 5/16" difference in the negative - so it needs to be changed. (Again, thank you. I'm going to run the numbers on everything again.)

And yes, you're right. The standard widebody 'can' accommodate a 46" monitor, but dependent upon the model, the monitor will likely need to be decased, and there may need some minor modification to the playfield box (internal routing or cutting down the top). I've seen this done on a number of builds, and when successful, it honestly gives the best results, as there's little-to-no 'edging' to speak of.

Also on the backbox, how much taller have you made it to accommodate a 32 and 24 given a 29 and 15.6 is pushing it within the confines of a std Williams backbox.

Hmm. You might be right about the 32", but I think the issue will be with the width, as opposed to the height. From what I could find, the standard Williams backbox is around 28 1/2" wide (which is the size used in my design) and most of the 32" monitors seem to be pushing that in size - without having a specific model decased to make sure of - so I'll be changing my original estimate right now.

As for the monitor 'DMD', some clarification is in order. I have created a 'hole' in the bottom of both the backbox, as well as the top of the playfield rear. As such, a monitor can be mounted horizontally or vertically, as required. (If you had a 19" or 24" monitor available, and wanted to mount it vertically, you could.) So yes, I think my original comments were a bit confusing.

Certainly great news for those in Canada given the import cost of the last few I shipped.

I can imagine! I know there's nothing worse than meeting our UPS guy at the door, only to find out I need to pay out a little bit more just to get the items I've ordered.

Rick

• Offline Offline
Oh boy...  That's a tough one since each one is a beauty by itself. You  sure did "make it right", to quote a famous contractor from your area whose tv shows I love...

That's certainly high praise! Thanks so much!

I like the little details like the speaker hole on the front of the control panel on the Contender.

That one is causing me a bit of a headache. There is a good possibility I might make some quick modifications to the design a bit. Right now, the speaker hole looks good but it's functionality is hampered slightly by the fact that there is a 5/16" piece mounted directly behind it... If I make changes, I would have to increase the height of the front panel, and I don't know if that is going to make it look odd, or not...

A-HA! (Sorry - thinking out loud here.) I think I just figured it out. I can route out a channel in the piece immediately behind it, to help to accommodate the speaker hole. It will definitely help the whole aesthetic, I'm sure. (Although, I might be overthinking it all - since if you look inside a speaker hole, you really shouldn't see beyond ... the speaker itself! LOL.)

My favorite one is the Titan.  Since I'm more a "classics" player, I would only put one joystick (I have a Mag-Stik sleeping somewhere in my basement), 2 buttons and if possible a 2 1/4" trackball (for Centipede and such), if possible.

I can certainly accommodate whatever you'd like. What were you thinking for the orientation of the joystick/buttons and the trackball? There are a couple of things to consider - such as, having the trackball on the left, joystick almost centered, and the two buttons to the right... Or the joystick on the left, trackball in the center, and two buttons on the right.

(If it was me, I would probably shy away from the trackball, personally. I do have plans for a trackball based bartop, but it will likely be 'trackball only' with a couple of buttons on either side, with no joystick to be found.)

Let me know what you think, and I'll put together a number of different designs for you.

Thank you, thank you!

macattack

• Offline Offline
Custom Bartop, Arcade and Pinball Cabinets (Coming Soon) - GTA, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2013, 03:06:35 pm »
Rick you are correct, a 32 is a good bit wider than a std backbox. As for slotting the bottom to allow the monitor to drop through, you can and we did back in the early days. However you cannot then of course tilt the head down for transport like a real pin. Plus anything larger widescreen wise over 16" is wasted real estate and cost. 16" is spot on for the std width of a DMd.

Height wise I can tell you from plenty of experience a 29" led and and Hanns g 16" screen takes up all the vertical space you have.

Granted a customer can have or want a setup anyway they desire, but good to keep on mind if they want to try and buy them use factory decals.

Just offering some advice since I was where you are 3 years ago when I first started offering cnc pincabs.

Feel free to ping me with any questions you may have or if you'd be interested in supplying my p2k designed cabs in Canada.

WWW.Xtremepinball.com

Rick

• Offline Offline
Rick you are correct, a 32 is a good bit wider than a std backbox. As for slotting the bottom to allow the monitor to drop through, you can and we did back in the early days. However you cannot then of course tilt the head down for transport like a real pin. Plus anything larger widescreen wise over 16" is wasted real estate and cost. 16" is spot on for the std width of a DMD. Height wise I can tell you from plenty of experience a 29" led and and Hanns g 16" screen takes up all the vertical space you have.

Good info to know, thank you!

Granted a customer can have or want a setup anyway they desire, but good to keep on mind if they want to try and buy them use factory decals.

That's true. And thank you, I did not consider the factory decals in my plan, but I'm really happy that I was able to stick with 'common' industry standard dimensions.

Just offering some advice since I was where you are 3 years ago when I first started offering cnc pincabs. Feel free to ping me with any questions you may have or if you'd be interested in supplying my p2k designed cabs in Canada.

I appreciate that, thank you!

I can't wait to see the cut items arrive, as I'm very interested to be able to offer them for sale. (As I've said before, I won't sell anything without making sure everything is 100%.) If I'm really lucky, my Wife will let me build up the pinball for 'promotional reasons'. I'm sure nothing sells a pincab more than having a fully operational one to show off.

;)

But of course, we'll see! (But certainly again - thank you so much for the offer!)

Mamezilla

• Offline Offline
Oops, wrong key...  see post below...
Sorry    ::)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 11:22:22 am by Mamezilla »
-- Rowdy Roddy Piper --

Mamezilla

• Offline Offline
Hey Rick,

That's a tough one, I was thinking maybe the joystick on the left, 2 1/4" trackball in the middle and 2 buttons on the right, but maybe this would cram the control panel too much...  I've checked other bartop projects and haven't seen one with this kind of layout, so maybe you're right I should ditch the trackball.

It's just that I wanted to make use of parts I already have stored and sleeping in my basement since the last 4 or 5 years; like a 60 in 1 board which is capable of playing Centipede or Millipede.  If that does not work, to keep costs down, I could also maybe try to use my Raspberry Pi board.  I only want it to play the 80's classics.  Maybe someone else has an input in this matter, for now I really don't know.  So don't waste time trying to do designs for me at this time, at worse I'd take a blank CP and drill it myself when I do decide finally on the layout.

Speaking of parts I already have, I have an original Mag-Stik (not the Plus one) and it seems I've lost both the toothed washer and the end nut, if I compare with the Mag-Stik Plus parts layout that is on the Ultimarc website (I did not find the original Mag-Stik parts layout there).  I'll have to ask Andy what is the thread size of that end nut and exactly what the toothed washer looks like, so that I can try and get these in my local hardware store.

Thanks and cheers !!

Oh boy...  That's a tough one since each one is a beauty by itself. You  sure did "make it right", to quote a famous contractor from your area whose tv shows I love...

That's certainly high praise! Thanks so much!

I like the little details like the speaker hole on the front of the control panel on the Contender.

That one is causing me a bit of a headache. There is a good possibility I might make some quick modifications to the design a bit. Right now, the speaker hole looks good but it's functionality is hampered slightly by the fact that there is a 5/16" piece mounted directly behind it... If I make changes, I would have to increase the height of the front panel, and I don't know if that is going to make it look odd, or not...

A-HA! (Sorry - thinking out loud here.) I think I just figured it out. I can route out a channel in the piece immediately behind it, to help to accommodate the speaker hole. It will definitely help the whole aesthetic, I'm sure. (Although, I might be overthinking it all - since if you look inside a speaker hole, you really shouldn't see beyond ... the speaker itself! LOL.)

I can certainly accommodate whatever you'd like. What were you thinking for the orientation of the joystick/buttons and the trackball? There are a couple of things to consider - such as, having the trackball on the left, joystick almost centered, and the two buttons to the right... Or the joystick on the left, trackball in the center, and two buttons on the right.

(If it was me, I would probably shy away from the trackball, personally. I do have plans for a trackball based bartop, but it will likely be 'trackball only' with a couple of buttons on either side, with no joystick to be found.)

Let me know what you think, and I'll put together a number of different designs for you.

Thank you, thank you!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 11:55:34 am by Mamezilla »
-- Rowdy Roddy Piper --

Rick

• Offline Offline
Oh look, another one!

THE CUBIC - Like a Volvo, they're boxy, but they're good. You'd have to be crazy people not to like this design.

TKW4rr10r

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2017, 01:10:01 pm
  • Oh no, he's holding power tools!
    • What I'm selling / looking for:
So when are you posting details on pricing/shipping? You get any cut yet?

We need some real-life shots, man!  :drool

Future Projects: Galaxian Anniversary, Mario VS DK, Rebirth
What I'm selling / looking for

Mamezilla

• Offline Offline
Another beatiful one, indeed   :applaud:
-- Rowdy Roddy Piper --

Rick

• Offline Offline
So when are you posting details on pricing/shipping? You get any cut yet? We need some real-life shots, man!  :drool

Thanks, man! I've updated the main post with the following info:

I've sent off all of the final files to our CNC guy, and their machine is booked on a substantial job this week, but they've told me that later this week they may be free, and able to cut them for me. I'm extremely hopeful to have some pictures up on the weekend! Fingers crossed!

Another beautiful one, indeed   :applaud:

Thanks! I'm excited to finally see them IRL!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:52:21 pm by Rick »

heinekenlvr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2022, 01:27:17 pm
Awesome news! How do we place an order???

Rick

• Offline Offline
Awesome news! How do we place an order???

Once I have the cabinets in hand, I will open up ordering. I will accept payment via Paypal, which I can provide my e-mail address once ordering is open. I'm hoping this is later this week, but in speaking with my CNC shop, it is more likely to be early next week as they have a large order on their machines right now, so mine won't be cut until they are complete.

Why the wait? I'm not comfortable taking people's money without seeing the finished product up front. If I'm not confident in the quality, how would I expect my customers to be? Thanks for your patience!

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
Wow- most companies don't advertise until they have the final product in hand - unless it's a Kickstarter.  :cheers:

Rick

• Offline Offline
Wow - most companies don't advertise until they have the final product in hand - unless it's a Kickstarter.  :cheers:

I like to call it creating a buzz in the marketplace. I certainly don't want to fall off of anybody's radar.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
Can I see your mockups for The Fiery Fists O' Pain (MK Style) and The Tom Cruise (Midway Cocktail)????

Rick

• Offline Offline
Can I see your mockups for The Fiery Fists O' Pain (MK Style) and The Tom Cruise (Midway Cocktail)????

What are you doing? Don't you know that by saying it out loud, now I gotta go design them?!

:lol

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
I just trademarked those names, btw.

Rick

• Offline Offline
I just trademarked those names, btw.

HA! Under Canadian Trademark Law, you have to show your work in physical existence to have a claim of ownership!

Kinda like that, right there.

;)

Rick

• Offline Offline
Whew! What a day!

I received a message back from my CNC guy, who has just informed me that - because of my 'smaller run' of prototypes, containing more 'small parts' than they're used to doing - they're looking at modifying their pricing model. This is both good and bad news. The good is that they didn't ever do a 'small run' prior to my request - making my 5 sheet order much, much less expensive that it would have been for me. (Yay!) The bad is that, because I'm running significantly over their '19 pieces per sheet' for their standard pricing model, it's possible that each sheet (hopefully not piece!) will be charged an additional amount. (Boo!) We'll see how it affects the pricing going forward.

As I have mentioned to a couple of interested parties, I've been working hard today to modify every one of my bartop models. Why? Because I hadn't paid close enough attention to the ratio for the marquees to this point. When I tried to design a nice-looking marquee to fit the space - it turned out that I had only allotted a 3" - 3 1/2" vertical space for the marquee, even though the internal width on the cabinets is 20". So, I have modified each of the cabinet designs to accommodate a 5" marquee, which will keep the (seemingly standard) size ratio of 4:1. This is especially important for the "Contender" cabinet, as most people interested in it seem to want to build a "Fix-It Felix", "Donkey Kong" or even a "Popeye" clone... ...and after seeing a resident Popeye bartop going for ~$1K in the marketplace, I don't blame 'em! ;)

(Oh, right. You can see the changed designs in the FIRST POST, or squint really, really hard below.)

So, about an hour ago, I forwarded the FINAL final assemblies over to my CNC guy. I hope to receive a response from him mid-morning tomorrow, after which, I'm hoping to get good news - that we can go ahead with my first order. And hopefully, all of my hard work designing (and re-designing) these cabinets will be worth it!

So, here, for your viewing pleasure, is the render of the "Master Assembly". This is a view of every single item that is "on order" for prototyping from my CNC shop. (Neat thing is, they all fit on 4 1/2 sheets of MDF!)

Enjoy!

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Since you are very familiar with the shipping industry can you ballpark what the shipping would be for a standard bartop to spots across Canada?   I was thinking Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Northern Ont, Montreal and Maritimes.   This would give a good price estimate once your CNC costs are finalized.

Rick

• Offline Offline
Since you are very familiar with the shipping industry can you ballpark what the shipping would be for a standard bartop to spots across Canada?   I was thinking Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Northern Ont, Montreal and Maritimes.   This would give a good price estimate once your CNC costs are finalized.

Thanks for the Q, BobA!

I actually have completed the check for my location (GTA) to Vancouver and the Maritimes, and each one came in just under $50 CDN. ($48 and change, if memory serves.) This is assuming a product size of 30" x 20" x 6", at a 50lb weight.

Give me 10 minutes, and I will price the other locations.

Rick

• Offline Offline
As requested, here's a small set of shipping charges through Canada Post:

Vancouver, BC (V5T 4C8): $48.08
Edmonton, AB (T6L 1Y6): $48.08
Winnipeg, MB (R2E 0J4): $38.62
Thunder Bay, ON (P7E 6C9): $41.56
Montreal, QC (H1Y 2G6): $28.90
Halifax, NS (B3P 2L4): $41.56

All of these are assuming 30" x 20" x 6" packaging, weighing 50lbs.

Mamezilla

• Offline Offline
Well, that design change to accommodate the exact ratio of the marquee is quite nice indeed.   :applaud:  Nice job, as always !
Like Holmes would say: "everything is in the details"...    Looking good !

Found a 19" 4:3 locally, should pick it up tomorrow night.  Only bummer:  as I said earlier, I wanna make use of parts and things I already have to keep the cost down.  I just noticed the 2 25 feet rolls of black T-molding I have are 3/4"...  Rats, hope I can find 5/8" locally...

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:23:25 am by Mamezilla »
-- Rowdy Roddy Piper --