Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: THE ARCADE SHOP at GAMEROOM DESIGNS - Arcade Systems, Kits, Parts & Accessories  (Read 242576 times)

Rick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada

Gameroom Designs Canada is proud to manufacture well-priced, high-quality Bartop Arcade Cabinets, Cocktail Arcade Cabinets, Pinball Cabinets, and other designs for the Canadian Market. Every cabinet product is designed using cutting-edge 3D modelling tools and created from the best materials, using professional CNC machinery to provide a professional finish. With an ever-expanding inventory of products, we work with the top arcade suppliers to provide our customers with everything needed to create bring their projects to life. Check out our website at GameroomDesigns.ca for your complete source of joysticks, buttons, power supplies, arcade PCB's, encoders and much, much more!

Each of our bartop arcade cabinet products offer classic, retro-inspired designs that are inspired by some of the most famous arcade games in history.

Our premium products are produced from professional grade 5/8" medium density fiberboard (MDF) for the best stability, functionality and the most flexibility in finish options.

An industry first, Gameroom Designs Canada is the first manufacturer to include 1/4" slots integrated into the sides to support simple installation of clear acrylic for both the marquee and bezel at no extra cost. T-molding slot cutting for the sides, top, marquee and control panel is also included at no additional cost.

Customize every product to your personal requirements with the most flexible customization options in the industry! Select from a blank control panel, or choose one of our professional templates - six button straight "fighter-style" layout, or six button curved ergonomic layout, or others - and we'll make sure it meets your requirements.

We put a lot of thought into each and every bartop, and the quality of workmanship extends into the interior of the arcade cabinet as well. There is ample space in the cabinet to accommodate a PC or arcade power supply, up to a full ATX motherboard, encoder board (if used) and wiring. Each of our standard designs support up to a 19" 4:3 or 16:9 monitor, and comes complete with a monitor mounting kit, which is slotted to accommodate standard mounting screws, permitting monitors to be installed in either a horizontal or vertical alignment! Our larger cabinets are built to support even larger monitors, with 25" and 27" internal widths available, and these cabinets are perfect for two-player solutions.

Once you have your cabinet selected, we have a number of great add-ons that are included at no extra cost, that will help to finish your project. Our Acrylic Kit offers you CNC-cut clear acrylic for your marquee (2 pieces), bezel and control panel, and fit perfectly for your cabinet. Our Door Access Kit, including properly selected hinges and a barrel lock with two keys also comes as a standard option.

Cocktail Arcade Cabinets are a nostalgic solution that offer a seated option for playing the classics, with the added bonus of being able to use their table-top as a place to hold your drink. We have two models for all of your gaming needs. Our Paragon offers standard two-player entertainment, allowing for head-to-head play, and our widescreen Paragon XL also permits horizontal, side-by-side play.

Our Mystic XL Pinball Cabinet is a widebody pinball configuration that supports up to a 46" flat-screen monitor for the playfield (a 42" flat-screen should fit without any modification to the playfield case, but 46" flat-screens will likely require the use of power tools to modify the case slightly), 29" flat-screen monitor for the backglass, and up to a 24" flat-screen monitor for DMD. (There is a hole between the backbox and the main body, so horizontal or vertical monitor mounting can be accommodated.)

Shipping:

Our Bartop Systems, Kits and Arcade Parts can be shipped worldwide, and we have worked with National Courier Companies to bring you the best prices on insured shipping. Local pick-up is also available by appointment.

Once we receive your order, our manufacturing, finishing, quality control and packaging processes take approximately 2-4 weeks. In-stock Arcade Parts orders are usually shipped within 48 hours. We will contact you when your order is ready for pickup/shipping, and continue to follow-up until your order arrives.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:46:24 am by Rick »

ebarlow99

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Custom Bartop and Arcade Cabinets (Coming Soon) - GTA, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 03:08:09 pm »
very nice!!

SgtSlaughter

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2021, 10:38:50 am
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 10:20:07 pm »
Any idea on when you're thinking of having these available?  I've been debating making these as I've been eyeing HaRuMan's kits for a while now, I probably would have bought one if shipping wasn't so expensive and I didn't have to deal with customs.

Monkeyvoodoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2024, 08:00:58 pm
  • I swear I can stop at one. Or two.
    • threefoldhorse Custom
Custom Bartop and Arcade Cabinets (Coming Soon) - GTA, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 12:34:47 am »
I'll have to keep an eye on this. I may have a spot for one of those.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 05:29:27 pm »
very nice!!

Thanks! Once I have my prototype(s) in hand, I'll be posting more pictures!

Any idea on when you're thinking of having these available?  I've been debating making these as I've been eyeing HaRuMan's kits for a while now, I probably would have bought one if shipping wasn't so expensive and I didn't have to deal with customs.

I'm hoping to have the first model (above) available in the next couple/few weeks. I will be working on the pricing shortly, but am hoping to offer a single player, 19" monitor compatible model for $100 + the cost of shipping.

I'll have to keep an eye on this. I may have a spot for one of those.

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:30:46 pm by Rick »

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 12:35:46 pm »
Voting time!

I will be doing my best to get a prototype created for each of these three models, but if you had the choice, which one would you buy? As I'm sure you will notice, each of the models I am working on are inspired by the most famous and recognizable cabinets we all know and love.

What do you think? Which model would you be most interested in?

Follow-up question: If YOU were designing a line of bartops, which full-size arcade cabinet would YOU want to see as a bartop cabinet?

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 12:49:09 pm »
Voting time!

I will be doing my best to get a prototype created for each of these three models, but if you had the choice, which one would you buy? As I'm sure you will notice, each of the models I am working on are inspired by the most famous and recognizable cabinets we all know and love.

Follow-up question: If YOU were designing a line of bartops, which full-size arcade cabinet would YOU want to see as a bartop cabinet?

The Titan looks like a CoryBee Special.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 12:52:06 pm »

Then I'm in good company, for sure!

:D

Originally, I was inspired by the distinct lines of the Taito cabs.

rablack97

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2022, 06:50:10 pm
  • If you don't try, you have no chance at innovation
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 01:17:52 pm »
Voting time!

:laugh2: :laugh2: You are wrong in so many ways dude.....

The forum took Corybee under its wing as his first builds were just plain terrible, now the man makes works of art....

1 possibility, 2 too boxy, 3 just no altogether

Also considering your designs are really upright...the way your CP's are placed aren't gonna give much space for 2plr, it looks like your closing off the space, looks cramped, 1plyr doable.

I would say think out of the box a little more offer something a little more exciting.  I know the basis is to save folks shipping costs, but when i look at these, i just dont say wow.....

#1 is a good start though.....

Also, make sure you make graphic templates along with your prototypes.  I know for some its a pain to want to skin the sides of your machine and have to draw up the .psd's.  That way you can send out blanks and folks can get their own stuff printed, especially if your doing kits....

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:20:36 pm by rablack97 »

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 01:31:56 pm »
1 possibility, 2 too boxy, 3 just no altogether

Noted, thanks! For the record, the "Thunder" is my take on a Tempest-styled cabinet. I thought it looked a bit boxy, but wanted to get the community's take on it. In my head, I can see it done up in white, with some similar blue/silver artwork on the sides...

Also considering your designs are really upright...the way your CP's are placed aren't gonna give much space for 2plr, it looks like your closing off the space, looks cramped, 1plyr doable.

That's a great point. I don't usually think of how cramped a two-player may feel, since I personally have an odd play style. (I'm right handed, and have always crossed my hands to play so that my right hand operates the joystick, and my left hand operates the buttons.) As such, I've always had my shoulders crowded in, like I was sitting in a tiny seat in a theatre.

I think I'll consider an additional design for a more dedicated two-player feel. Thanks for the input!

I would say think out of the box a little more offer something a little more exciting.  I know the basis is to save folks shipping costs, but when i look at these, i just don't say wow..... #1 is a good start though.....

Awesome, thanks!

Also, make sure you make graphic templates along with your prototypes.  I know for some its a pain to want to skin the sides of your machine and have to draw up the .psd's.  That way you can send out blanks and folks can get their own stuff printed, especially if your doing kits....

That's a great point. I'm sure I can provide overlay files for both the sides as well as the control panel. That way, people can get everything graphically designed exactly the way they want it!

Thanks man! That's all awesome feedback!

rablack97

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 01:59:49 pm »

Tempest does have rounded corners.

I think it's the CP part.  The bottom angle, need to be brought in more, then a line straight down, then drawn to the back.  May have to lengthen the base so it wont tip over.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 02:57:08 pm »
Tempest does have rounded corners. I think it's the CP part.  The bottom angle, need to be brought in more, then a line straight down, then drawn to the back.  May have to lengthen the base so it wont tip over.

Good call. I think with a bit of a redesign (I don't think I'd continue the base as it is - I'd 'cut' just below the CP section) that we could have a winner. I do see what you mean, with the base of the CP being a much more 'extreme' angle!

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 03:00:51 pm »
Personal Preference: bartop's should only be 1 player. The cabs are smaller, easier to place on a bar without taking up too much room, and IMO it looks more aesthetically pleasing.
BITD how many bartops had 2 player panels? I can only think of one, the nintendo cabinets:

And that thing was a beast!

I'm trying to picture the cabinet with controls and Monitor + Marquee plexiglass installed. But out of all three of your designs, I like  Titan , Galaxy then Thunder, in that order.
Titan has the best viewing capabilities because of the taito-esque curves. And Galaxy is Galaga, so you can't go wrong there.
rablack97 makes good points about the angles though.

Also, I first thought Thunder was based off Gyruss:

For suggestions:

Dynamo HS-5

Classic Street Fighter/Jamma conversion cab for most people in North America.

Nintendo (obvious):

Defender or Williams style:

rablack97

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 03:55:09 pm »
Titan will have to grow on me.... i think its the curves mixed with the sharp angles thats throwing me off.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 04:08:35 pm »
Personal Preference: bartop's should only be 1 player. The cabs are smaller, easier to place on a bar without taking up too much room, and IMO it looks more aesthetically pleasing. BITD how many bartops had 2 player panels? I can only think of one, the nintendo cabinets... And that thing was a beast!

I'm in agreement there. I think, if you're planning on playing a bartop game, it should be a single player. If you want to play two player games, you really need a full-size cab.

I'm trying to picture the cabinet with controls and Monitor + Marquee plexiglass installed. But out of all three of your designs, I like  Titan , Galaxy then Thunder, in that order. Titan has the best viewing capabilities because of the taito-esque curves. And Galaxy is Galaga, so you can't go wrong there.

Thanks for the feedback!

rablack97 makes good points about the angles though.

I agree. I'm going to make some final changes to the models, so that there are less (no) sharp angles. It will certainly make any t-molding significantly easier to install.

Also, I first thought Thunder was based off Gyruss...

Ah! Another model I hadn't considered... Hmm...

For suggestions: Dynamo HS-5, Nintendo (obvious), Defender or Williams style.

Thank you, thank you and thank you. I have actually worked out a new production method... ...which should mean that once I've got the designs complete - I can produce any or all of them.

Titan will have to grow on me.... i think its the curves mixed with the sharp angles thats throwing me off.

100% agreed. I will definitely fix that!

Awesome feedback, thanks guys!

rablack97

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 06:41:05 pm »
I dunno guys....as you see bartops and minis are becoming more popular.

To say they are only for 1plyr is limiting the possibilities and the versatility.

Unless your purist having a full size arcade in your house becomes an eye sore.  Being able to move the bartop and even sell it and not have to worry picking it up with a truck is huge too.

I think if the design is aesthetically correct and it all balances out, then bartops should not be limited to 2 plyr only.

It's an arcade not a megatouch.  So per opt2not it is personal preference, but dont limit your builds to one player only, the demand for it is out there and you will be shorting your sales.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 06:55:55 pm »
To say they are only for 1plyr is limiting the possibilities and the versatility. <snip> It's an arcade not a megatouch.  So per opt2not it is personal preference, but dont limit your builds to one player only, the demand for it is out there and you will be shorting your sales.

Good points, for certain. Fear not - I will be offering a 1 and 2 player option! (How many can I put you down for?)

;)

TKW4rr10r

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2017, 01:10:01 pm
  • Oh no, he's holding power tools!
    • What I'm selling / looking for:
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 07:20:58 pm »
I agree with the tempest style needing a more dramatic angle for the LCD, looks more like a Gyruss. To get more space the LCD can be tilted slightly back, this is a bar-top after all. The LCD wouldn't have to be perpendicular to the bar surface. One that took it a little more to the extreme shape and look of the original cab would be very appealing.

I also 2nd the Nintendo bar-top idea. Too many people (myself included) would love to make a Fix-it Felix or similar game. Whomever makes this for a reasonable price will have a lot of orders, guaranteed.

(I'll keep sending those atari cabaret measurements as I send them to HaRuMaN, crazy busy with work but took more notes as I started to dismantle my cab earlier.)

Future Projects: Galaxian Anniversary, Mario VS DK, Rebirth
What I'm selling / looking for

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 07:29:09 pm »
I agree with the tempest style needing a more dramatic angle for the LCD, looks more like a Gyruss. To get more space the LCD can be tilted slightly back, this is a bar-top after all. The LCD wouldn't have to be perpendicular to the bar surface. One that took it a little more to the extreme shape and look of the original cab would be very appealing.

Agreed! I'm working on multiple changes as we speak.

I also 2nd the Nintendo bar-top idea. Too many people (myself included) would love to make a Fix-it Felix or similar game. Whomever makes this for a reasonable price will have a lot of orders, guaranteed.

Shh! Coming soon! ;)

(I'll keep sending those atari cabaret measurements as I send them to HaRuMaN, crazy busy with work but took more notes as I started to dismantle my cab earlier.)

I hear you! And thank you so much for the work you're doing for this!!! It's very much appreciated.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 07:39:56 pm »
I think if the design is aesthetically correct and it all balances out, then bartops should not be limited to 2 plyr only.
Agreed, but notice that these three designs are built off 1-player styled cabinets. For a 2-player bartop, these designs aren't the right choice.
Better to go with the Weecade style for 2-players...or an updated bartop version of the Dynamo cab I suggested.

It's an arcade not a megatouch.  So per opt2not it is personal preference, but dont limit your builds to one player only, the demand for it is out there and you will be shorting your sales.
While lots of bartops were megatouch type games, there were small few that we true arcade games. rare though...
Arkanoid was one:

The Vectrex had 'em too! Ran on a coin-op timer.

http://vectrexmuseum.com/collection/vectrexminicade.php

I think some of the best looking bartops out of this forum have all been 1-player:

leapinlew's Galaga and Tempest bartops:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,49622.0.html

unstupid's neo geo duo

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,114435.0.html

retrofuture's Xevious Bartop

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=92656.0

The list goes on...

DK, DK Jr., Mario Bros. Bartops - by Jigenjuke

UK Dig Dug Bartop - by shrunkenmaster

POWcade - by endtwist   <---very nice size and cute outcome.

Metroid Mother Brain Super Console - by SodaPopinksi   <---- fricken amazing!!!

TKW4rr10r

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2017, 01:10:01 pm
  • Oh no, he's holding power tools!
    • What I'm selling / looking for:
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 09:34:58 pm »

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,49622.0.html

Now that's a tempest bar-top. Very cool.

Future Projects: Galaxian Anniversary, Mario VS DK, Rebirth
What I'm selling / looking for

Monkeyvoodoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2024, 08:00:58 pm
  • I swear I can stop at one. Or two.
    • threefoldhorse Custom
Custom Bartop and Arcade Cabinets (Coming Soon) - GTA, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 11:28:46 pm »
Hey Rick, I have some time off this coming week. If you like I could throw together some designs if you want some more variations.

rablack97

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 12:42:08 am »
All good points Opt2not.....

I agree some dedicated bartops should be 1plyr, I was just saying he shouldn't limit his designs to just 1 plyr only....

Thanks for the picture show man, those are some hella nice 1 plyr bartops.... :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:02:08 am by rablack97 »

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 07:47:36 am »
Hey Rick, I have some time off this coming week. If you like I could throw together some designs if you want some more variations.

If you'd like, that's certainly appreciated! I'm actually doing that right now - creating a whole host of sides to match up with the internals, all inspired by the great designs we remember.

SgtSlaughter

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 08:14:10 pm »
Hey Rick,

Designs look great.  I'm actually leaning towards the titan as being my favorite, although the other 2 seem to have more of a retro feel (which I assume a lot of people would prefer).  I agree these smaller bartops just seem best suited for 1 player.  I assume they are going to support a 19 or 20" 4x3 screen.  That being said, I think if you wanted to incorporate 2 player potential I don't think you'd want the side panels going over top of the side of the control panel.  This allows you to mount the joysticks and buttons closer to the sides without having your wrist hitting the side.

I also like rablack97's idea with having some templates done up in .PSD so it makes it easier to get some artwork printed up.

Great work though, keep it up!

rablack97

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 03:03:27 am »
Man, I dont know why i cant get into the Titan, seems to be the fave of everyone else... :dunno

TheDude

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2017, 03:02:28 pm
  • Bartops all the way !
    • BARTOPMANIA
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 03:20:45 am »
Very good idea to make bartops available in different countries. Here in Europe there are also people that begin to offer kits at least in Britain and France !

These machines are more and more in demand and people need to have the option to begin with kits if they don't have all the reauired tools, space, time, etc.

I think there's room for multi-player bartops as well, why not ?

An d for the different options I lke them all except that the Thunder could be less wide at the top.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 07:48:05 am »
Designs look great.  I'm actually leaning towards the titan as being my favorite, although the other 2 seem to have more of a retro feel (which I assume a lot of people would prefer).

Thanks! I'm thoroughly enjoying trying to bring the inspiration of classic cabinets into the original designs. I keep looking at the games I remember playing growing up, and try to reimagine them as bartop units. I only wish I had the ability to create art like some of the guys on here. I can see my own 'take' on the Galaxy and even the Thunder side-art - as an homage to the originals - but have no ability to bring that all to fruition.

I agree these smaller bartops just seem best suited for 1 player.  I assume they are going to support a 19 or 20" 4x3 screen.  That being said, I think if you wanted to incorporate 2 player potential I don't think you'd want the side panels going over top of the side of the control panel.  This allows you to mount the joysticks and buttons closer to the sides without having your wrist hitting the side.

Good idea. I think that I'm going to try and focus on couple design that's more open, and dedicated to a two-player bartop.

I also like rablack97's idea with having some templates done up in .PSD so it makes it easier to get some artwork printed up.

That's definitely a great idea, and one I'm planning on incorporating. Anything that gives the new owner the ability to speed up production on their cabinets is a plus!

Man, I dont know why i cant get into the Titan, seems to be the fave of everyone else... :dunno

I'm with you. It's not my favourite, but it is definitely still going to be an available option.

Very good idea to make bartops available in different countries. Here in Europe there are also people that begin to offer kits at least in Britain and France! These machines are more and more in demand and people need to have the option to begin with kits if they don't have all the required tools, space, time, etc.

Thanks. I just noticed that there didn't seem to be anyone producing these (at least, not with the fervor that Haruman is in the U.S.!) in Canada, and I know there must be some need for them!

I think there's room for multi-player bartops as well, why not? And for the different options I like them all except that the Thunder could be less wide at the top.

The Thunder is definitely getting a redesign. Don't you worry. ;)

As for models, I'm presently in-progress on the following designs and re-designs:

- The Galaxy
- The Thunder
- The Titan
- The Dinky King (man, I need a better name for this)
- The Horus (thanks opt2not, for the Gyruss idea)
- The Ominoss (Sinistar/Williams clone, anyone?)

Yeah - I'm reaching on some of the names. But, it's huge fun to do so! LOL.

PTD

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2014, 10:54:16 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 10:37:00 am »
Can this be built ?

Take a look at this thread:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,128362.40.html

I have not seen a kit for this yet.  It looks great.

This would be great for the vertical shooters games.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 11:16:10 am »
Can this be built ? Take a look at this thread: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,128362.40.html I have not seen a kit for this yet.  It looks great. This would be great for the vertical shooters games.

I do have plans to have some vertical cabinets, and was hoping (one day) to design a bartop (and full-size) View/Xeno/Ondlix-styled (heh) cabinet. I wasn't considering it this soon, as I'm still in the design phase with the others, but what the hell. Let me see what I can do. I am loving me some SolidWorks right now.

;)

rablack97

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2013, 12:16:26 pm »
Can this be built ?

Take a look at this thread:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,128362.40.html

I have not seen a kit for this yet.  It looks great.

This would be great for the vertical shooters games.

I agree but a kit would be a doosie.....Getting all those curves aligned and capable of being put together easily will be the challenge.

Due to the complexity that will be your most expensive kit.  So you'll have the challenge of making it easy but also pricing it so people will buy it.  Folks will have that fear of buying one at a high price and it looks like crap after assembly.

Interested to see how this one goes....

SgtSlaughter

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2013, 09:05:06 pm »
I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere on the forums, but what program are you using to design the cabs?  I opened the DWG in Haruman's thread with a few different viewers, but didn't see a way of printing it with all the dimensions. 

I'm getting the urge just to start cutting some wood and trying crap out, but I have a feeling I'll not give myself enough room in the cab for the components.

Rick I hear ya with not being good with the side art stuff.  Easier said than done, but if you could team up with a good artist to have some side art templates ready to go that would be amazing. 

Another neat bartop was the Taxicab (http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=78492.0)

Mind you I kinda of like having the control panel attached.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2013, 09:07:29 pm »
I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere on the forums, but what program are you using to design the cabs?  I opened the DWG in Haruman's thread with a few different viewers, but didn't see a way of printing it with all the dimensions.

I can't speak for others, but I was designing in Google Sketchup, and then when I got serious (and when my CNC guy said he couldn't use my Sketchup DXF exports because of issues) I started using SolidWorks. It's a professional program, and I haven't looked back.

XxSparkyxX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2023, 06:52:30 am
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2013, 11:20:34 pm »
I love the lines of this one, just maybe wider... But the side profile is cool

XxSparkyxX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2023, 06:52:30 am
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2013, 11:10:08 pm »
Any chances of producing a cocktail cabinet? I wouldn't mind building one.

Rick

• Offline Offline
Any chances of producing a cocktail cabinet? I wouldn't mind building one.

It's definitely an option I'm exploring. Keep checking back, and I'll see what I can do in the coming couple of weeks.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2013, 10:41:47 am »
Since Haruman loves teasing his new builds... ...I figured I'd just tease one of my own. In the midst of working out pricing for nitz's Atari Cabaret build, and during some 'down time' while my six-year-old recuperates from surgery, I managed to put this little toy together.

Yup. That's right. That's a Williams-style widebody pinball kit, and as soon as my prototype arrives, pricing will follow shortly thereafter.

Your move, Haruman.

;) :D

heinekenlvr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2022, 01:27:17 pm
Titan +1 for sure gets my vote.

Williams Joust would be a cabinet I'd like to see.

rablack97

• Offline Offline
Titan +1 for sure gets my vote.

Williams Joust would be a cabinet I'd like to see.

I guess my tastes suck...Titan seems to be the fave.... :dunno

Nice pinball prototype....

Question, if you start dipping into bigger kits like this, wont shipping eat you alive?

I figured the purpose of flat packs was small and fairly light, that complete kits looks heavy and huge.....

You may have it figured out, but just wondering how you would offer a competitive price?

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Oh, you don't want to tempt me into making something crazy >:D

Looking good, though...